Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
General Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable General Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new General Advice discussion.
YC
( 450 posts )

[52 Replies]
Salam everyone, hope you all are well, i know it’s not appropriate to discuss about property while the whole world suffers, so please forgive me in advance

Do you guys think that this catastrophe can literally crash the pakistan property prices, and if yes to what extent ? Who is better off now, those who just sold and have liquid cash or those who have assets like plots and files ?

What about construction business, prices of material, labour costs etc ?

20 days ago In General Advice
    Post Answer
    Khalid
    (218 posts)
    I think the prices would remain struck but no major crash on possession properties.

The under development project may suffer the delays as the materials would not be supplied as they were in the past due to border closure and shipping restrictions.
      20 days ago 

Imtiaz
      (1515 posts)
      It depends on the Duration (for how long) & Magnitude (for how much, i.e., economic/social cost). If that prolongs that for sure has global consequence. However, in PAK that mostly depends on the following 2:

1. Petro prices crashed, while USD and Gold gone up: Double Edged Sword

For countries like PAK, where import bill will significantly decrease due to petro, however debt servicing will increase due to PKR drop against USD.

2. To Make best out of 1, Growth needs to escalate:

World has dropped interest rate to 0 and here its 12.5. No business and economy grows at that monster of a rate. In PAK biggest borrower from banks is Govt. itself.

So you can see, just two example above in which direction the world is moving and where our economic direction is heading...

Its a confused economic policy, blood bath and no one sure what will happen. However, till budget proceedings will be slow across the sectors.

Re: Real Estate - Escalating Dollar may encourage overseas to buy post budget (after Jun). I dont see much visible impact, however, these are strange time and in keeping in view 1, 2 above, as confuse the reality is, more confused the predictions will be...
        20 days ago 

Zubair
        (34 posts)
        Uncertainty is there, all across the world. Most of the business in every field is being effected negatively except the medical supplies related to corona prevention. Sure it will effect negatively on Pakistan’s real estate also. But how much, can’t be predicted right now. Let’s pray altogether to ALMIGHTY ALLAH KAREEM for the safety, health and betterment for every body AAMEEN.
          19 days ago 

YC
          (450 posts)
          @Imtiaz and everyone else,

Thank you and yes I agree, no one knows what’s is going to happen as it depends on so much factors,

@ Zubair ameen sir
            19 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
            (2075 posts)
            People lost millions in stocks and buying gold now.

In Pakistan businesses are badly affected and we do not know how long this pandemic gone stay!

Ultimately refuge seems to be property.

In BT phase 8, my office invested in one Kanal residential in very recent time and we sold last week with handsome profit. There are places in phase 8 where a 10 marla costs above 1 crore!

Some locations may be stagnant of course but real estate investment now should not be bad in the developed areas.
              19 days ago 

Imtiaz
              (1515 posts)
              Welcome AQ sb, good to see you!

In uncertain times, there is only 1 king: CASH
                19 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                (2075 posts)
                Thanks Imtiaz sb.

Right no 1 king is cash for the time being but being stacked in pillows and lockers.

How long it will be hidden, sir?

Heavy populated countries have self generating economy. Cash has to go in some kind of bzness and that kind is property amid turmoil in Pakistan.

I will go ahead and say construction business is mostly lucrative and much better than $.

My personal experience is proving loud n clear, Alhamdolillah.
                  19 days ago 

Imtiaz
                  (1515 posts)
                  Sir, with due respect Cash is not only about being stacked in pillows or frozen in accounts. The very nature of Cash is the liquidity, i.e., to go with that Cash to Gold, USD, Stocks or Estates... Whichever on the rise

While Estates have the potential but not as lucrative as it used to be. With new taxes and slow down, its not as easy to liquidate and invest where growth is... There may be profits here and there but thats not a nationwide trend!

Just See Cash Investments in USD, Gold vs Cash in Real Estate in last 2 years, the equation is absolute clear!

Example: USD is the cash itself but you can see one of the most appreciating entity when compared to PKR.
                    19 days ago 

Imtiaz
                    (1515 posts)
                    It depends on the Duration (for how long) & Magnitude (for how much, i.e., economic/social cost). If that prolongs that for sure has global consequence. However, in PAK that mostly depends on the following 2:

1. Petro prices crashed, while USD and Gold gone up: Double Edged Sword

For countries like PAK, where import bill will significantly decrease due to petro, however debt servicing will increase due to PKR drop against USD.

2. To Make best out of 1, Growth needs to escalate:

World has dropped interest rate to 0 and here its 12.5. No business and economy grows at that monster of a rate. In PAK biggest borrower from banks is Govt. itself.

So you can see, just two example above in which direction the world is moving and where our economic direction is heading...

Its a confused economic policy, blood bath and no one sure what will happen. However, till budget proceedings will be slow across the sectors.

Re: Real Estate - Escalating Dollar may encourage overseas to buy post budget (after Jun). I dont see much visible impact, however, these are strange time and in keeping in view 1, 2 above, as confuse the reality is, more confused the predictions will be...
                      14 days ago 

Aftab Khatta..
                      (107 posts)
                      I 100% agree with Imtiaz, a blind person can see, where Pak rupee is going. Just check our 4 months back post, when some of us were saying, $ will go strong and some youthiya were saying that good time is coming. ;)

Rupee will further drop. 1.5 B$ taken out of Pakistan by foreigners. Real state will further drop. Keep ur money in $ or Gold. Wait for further 2 years to purchase plot or be ready for loss.
                        14 days ago 

Post Answer (52 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL