Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Abdul Qayyum
( 1905 posts )

[19 Replies]
Dear friends:

---Is there any relaxation, moneywise, for the expats pertaining to the asset declaration?

---Also percentage of fine if expats declare before the target date?

---Do all assets to be declared, such as agri land, village houses, DHAs & BTs properties and houses.

I am sure your valuable replies would be helpful for all expats/residents and shall be highly appreciated.

15 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    MrPoet
    (78 posts)
    As per my understanding, this declaration of assets is for people who have built these assets beyond means; be it a Pakistani resident or NRP. In this case, if these persons have assets outside Pakistan are must to declare.

To me, this does not apply for people who never file tax returns and eventually never declared their legal assets just being scared of FBR. In this case, such people only need to start filing returns and show their assets in statement. When audited and asked for proofs, they should be able to provide proofs of means they bought these assets with.

These are my thoughts to it and other friends can rectify me if wrong.
      14 days ago 

Rauf Khan
      (55 posts)
      @Abdul Qayyum, this is an excellent question to which I hope we will get many detailed replies. Also if anybody could advise if assets acquired in inheritance from deceased parents need to also be declared or not.
        14 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
        (1905 posts)
        Thanks Mrpoet & Rauf for being concerned upon my query.

I am surprised the people who are showing, their abilities on political and national issues, as the ones ” Aasmaan ko thigrhi lagaane wale” keeping themselves dead silent on this vitally important question of every Pakistanis?
        Cursing and cursing and cursing but no solution at all just competition of Gora’s language?
        Sorry to friends who encourage the present government’s good steps in spite of right criticism on govt failures.
        I respect with my deep heart for the friends who are maintaining balance in their comments.

---Gents, If I declare my assets which are made with justified money, shall I have to pay also xx% of fine on my declared assets?
        ---Same goes for my agri land declaration and plots investment?

Your much appreciated reply awaited?
          14 days ago 

JDM
          (678 posts)
          Abdul Qayyum Sb,

Please check this page. It has answer to your questions directly from FBR website. Go through the FAQ first.

https://www.fbr.gov.pk/assets-declaration-scheme-2019/132009

Myself, if I ever have any such question, I call FBR hotline during working hours and request them to have me talk to FBR's legal team. They are surprisingly nice and cooperative and will provide you latest and updated information.

I recommend you should try that. Call in the mornings before lunch time to avoid rush.

If you still are not able to get answer, let me know and I will hook-you-up with a trained KHIDMAT-WALA who will take care of all your tax needs and questions.
            13 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
            (1905 posts)
            Thanks very much JDM SB.
            Had a worst experience once with FBR when I was in Pakistan serving an oil company.
            Great surprise to hear that our organizations are turning towards good professional ethics.
            Once again many thanks sir ,
            Stay Blessed
              13 days ago 

JDM
              (678 posts)
              Abdul Qayyum Sb.

Good or bad people everywhere. This finance bill also proposed strict punishments for such FBR employees.

After this budget FBR employees will have no choice but work as per the law. If they don't, report them on PM Complaint Portal immediately.

https://e.jang.com.pk/06-12-2019/pindi/pic.asp?picname=547.png
                12 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                (1905 posts)
                "After this budget FBR employees will have no choice but work as per the law. If they don't, report them on PM Complaint Portal immediately"

Does not that sound good, JDM sb?
                Yet we say Imran govt is failure?

Now I have to tell our personal experience:
                We are running a private water scheme in our village. Our scheme came under CPEC. We loaded a compliant on web portal. The very next day, the Project manager came to see our self manifested project, next couple of days, the assessment team came... Unfortunately the AC is "Patwari" and using delaying tactics...We made another complaint against commissioner and again actins are being taken.. At least some sort of system's foundation are being devised. We may not get money due to the corrupt system but at least doors of hope are opening.
                Prays for IK govt to stay, the very last hope. In Shaa Allah our country will see good days.
                  11 days ago 

@li
                  (334 posts)
                  @Abdul Qayyum bro

the suggestion of JDM for helpline is good. I myself tried many time that helpline of fbr and became filer with help of that helpline first time 5 years before and each time they replied in a positive way.

yes that help line is very busy and you have to make multiple tries. They will test your patience :-)
                    11 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
                    (1905 posts)
                    @li bro

Truth to be told. I was not a filer, my decision, good or bad, was based on the corrupt govts of N & Z.
                    Upon JDM sb advice, I asked my lawyer to make me a filer and I feel glad upon my decision.
                      10 days ago 

JDM
                      (678 posts)
                      Abdul Qayyum Sb,

I think FBR should further simplify filing of returns. Personal Income tax shouldn't require anymore than filling a post-card at a Post office.

2ndly, I personally think that Asset/Expense declaration is a useless exercise. They should rather document and have excess to all ownership data of Pakistan. But asking citizens to file every year is plain stupid and put extra burden on citizens.

It should be FBR's job to cross-check everyone's income and assets through electronic data warehouse. If they find any discrepancies only then call-in citizens for quick audit.

10 days ago 

Post Answer (19 Replies)
                        1 2 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL