Dha 5 or dha 2 islamabad

Which phase is better for living in a 1-2 years time?

Constructing 1 kanal is better option or buying 1 kanal; in terms of quality and savings? How much cost could be saved if we construct new?

I still think that DHA-2 is still better then phase 5 in next 2 years time but their are people living in phase 5. I would always recommend to build the house as per your own need. If you can hire a good company even then you will save atleast 20 to 30 lac instead of buying the house.

Agreed with Abbasi sb

An honestly made house can easily give 15-25 lacs profit. Variances make big difference such as wood ,tiles , fitting etc selections.
I know one retired Major, bagged 30 lacs profit on a house in DHA2

It totally depend on budget .A good plot in phase 2 around 225 lakhs where in 100-110 you can get a good location plot in Phase 5 .The future is destined for phase 5 . 8 KM belt on Dha expressway and direct approach to Islamabad Highway .not to forget one day after the expansion of Highway and underpass the growth will match close to phase 2. Rest Allah knows best.

Actually phase 5 is more scenic than phase-2 proper. Development is also good. Islamabad highway is partly done on flyover and rest is hopefully done in future but now not in budget.

Dam will be a nice picnic point in vicinity and land acquisition money already in pipeline.

If you are looking at 2 years time then its DHA 2 but if you look at long term then DHA5 is better

Thank you friends for valuable responses.

If we decide DHA2, which sectors are good in terms of family living and reasonable n price? And what would be the reasonable prices? I see in sector H ranging from 160lac to 200lac for one kanal.

I heard some years back tha some of the sectors had smell issues bcoz of neighboring poultry farms on Kahuta road side, may be.

This poultry farm is news for me and I am living in DHA-2. Never heard of this but will inquire about.
I can point out some problem ( if they could be defined as problems) in some areas of DHA-2:
...Around some plots located at boundary wall toward village side DHA-2, plots are in deep depression and surrounding neighbourhood is at height. You cannot sit in your lawn as depression is some 30 ft at your house.
... Although sewage treatment plant is all stainless steel imported from Malysia and totally covered but if wind direction is not favourable, you still get smell from the plant, it is not very frequent, though.
Having all said that, DHA-2 is a success story and probably only one which has been appreciated much above all the twin town developments.
In VIP CDA sector, F-11, old Kanal houses are selling at 5.5 to 6 crores and DHA-2, same one Kanal with similar construction has been reached 4.5 crores!
Horse race is on and within few years, if Islamabad highway becomes signal free, DHA-2 will become on par just on quality of living, even being far away from capital.
Regarding plot selections, it is always good to get near entrance gates as all of visitors do not have personal transport and there is no internal transport.
A visit is must before buying.

Thank you Abdul Qayyum brother.

Which sectors/blocks are near gate 7 ( Islamabad side) and gates on GT road side and what are price ranges in them?

Sir GT road side blocks are A, B, C, F, H and Islamabad highway side D and J
However B block is some 1.5 km away from the very first gate at GT road and sector J on Islamabad highway is old commoners town where, although DHA has improved a lot after buying constructed J block from commoners town, still some shortcomings can be seen such as narrow roads, small drain lines etc.
But even in J block a 5 marks costs 75 lacs and hard to find.
Best is go to DHA property exchange in phase-1 and buy from DHA itself, you will save money.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-1frM3_U-kZ_WKiBXMQVJZGzS1RP-Em6

We are looking forward to sell our 2 no of recently constructed commercial units located in Bahria town, phase-8 safari valley, Usman block:
Street#39
Units located on plot# 4 & 8
One shop at ground and a studio flat above
Size of plot, Each Unit: 15*20 ft.
Construction at Ground: 300 sq ft
Construction at Studio: 400 sq ft
Back side open park.
Minimum rental: Rs 20,000 (both)
Personally made, 100% compliance with new BT laws on earthquake protection.
Pictorial record of all construction phases available.
The way Usman block is developing these units have sure possibility of appreciation both on rental and resale.
Some 6 months before, Rs 65 lacs were offered for one unit.
Now as we need money for our incoming project, Rs 60 lacs can be accepted.
Pls click above to see the units

@S anwer Sir.Let me reply you in detail.

First we need to evaluate dha 2. Comparing dha 2 with dha 5 is a bit unjustified for many reasons.First of all, I personally feel that the location of dha 2 in terms of accessibility is far better than dha 5.Dha 2 has 10 different access points out of which 4 are on Gt road and rest are on Isb highway. These accesses provide easy commutation to Islamabad as well as Rawalpindi where as Dha 5 has two entrances that leads to Islamabad only.For Pindi, one needs to come through T chowk or via dha 2.
Secondly,dha 2 is all equipped with facilities for perfect living. You get shopping malls,food chains,grocery stores,parks and every other facility right within the vicinity.These facilities will take time to be in Dha 5.
Thirdly,dha 2's development and infrastructure is better than dha 5.As you enter dha 2 through Jinnah boulevard from gate 1 or from Iqbal boulevard from gate 3, you will get a feeling that you have entered a very well developed society with wide roads and state of the art infrastructure.While in dha 5,as you enter through Liaqat Ali Khan boulevard, one gets a bit congested feeling.The other access to dha 5 is fine though.
Lastly,dha 2 is getting populated at amazing pace while dha 5 will take time to get populated.

Dha 5 also has its own merits ,foremost one being lower in price in comparison to dha 2,have scenic views.

So my take:Go for dha 2 with eyes closed if you do not have budget constraint and if you have budget constraint, go for dha 5.

For guidance,queries and best deals in dha islamabad (all phases),you can contact me at 03455370978.

Thanks Falcon for such a detailed response.

I heard sometime ago that electricity supply continuity in case of IESCO loadsheddling in dha 5 is better managed than dha2. Not sure how and what does it mean.

Secondly, I also got an advise that majority of the good location plots in dha 2 are already occupied and rarely on sale in a reasonable and justified price.

Agreed to Falcon sb on the full comment.

Why we shall consider govt electricity?

Rs 5 lacs, can run 2 DC ACs, couple of fans, some LEDs, and if you add little more, water pump can be run, too.

Duel electric meter, can sell energy to WAPDA as well.

When solar heaters are perfectly working in Nathiagali and Naran to heat water in winter, they can sure be utilized in Pindi and Islamabad.

DHA phase 2 , even if you get just ok plot. Because dha phase 5 would take another 10 years

Dha phase 5 is getting populated day by day. Commercial and Askari apartments are getting ready .

At present off course no comparison with phase 2 but yes in a budget of 1-1.15 crore a kanal plot is worthy.

I endorse falcon very detailed reply

DHA2 took 23 years to reach up to this level.

DHA5 will be an equal success but will take time, even being populated.

Attractions in any society is directly proportional to the residency, especially schools.

But Yes, DHA5 being so scenic has all ingredients to surpass DHA-2 in future, not very near, though!

I agree, for long term, do invest in DHA 5. DHA 5, will be much better then DHA 2.

I will sugegst, do go to Sector H (previous Q) of DHA 5 which is next to Blue Area of DHA 5. It is plan and also green. This is the time, to invest for DHA 5 (but keep in mind for 10-15 years).

@ Aftab Khattak .Which sector you consider Blue Area of Dha 5 ?