DHA Phase 9 Lahore

I have a phase 9 (5 Marla) plot and would request senior members to give me a view of when will balloting be done and till when is it expected to be developed and given possession. For the past few months I have observed that the prices have gone still, so I would like to know is it still a good investment or not?

Phase 9 is solid investment but it is long term. There is some correction in prices in last two months.Phase 9 is a huge phase and will take minimum 5 to 7 years for development. According to dealers balloting is expected anytime but these are all rumors no solid/official communication from DHA.

Thank you so much for the info KS. Yes i have kept it for long term as well. Lets hope that nothing wrong happens to DHA in the next 5 to 7 years. :) I hope they give the possession of the plot in next 2 years as i dont feel so comfortable with just a piece of paper call file.

Dear Mr. Zeeshan

Phase-9 is solid BUT very long term investment that means you should not expect possession before 6-7 years. Overall DHA is quite slow in development. No confirm news regarding balloting, all rumors but it can be done anytime. If you keep this file for next 7-8 year then it will give you HUGE return. Good investment for your kids.

Dear Zeeshan,

DHA is currently working on phase 7 and phase 8; phase 7 possession is expected within next 2 years and phase 8 might take 4 years. Phase 7 took long time due to litigation issues however some block of phase 7 are ready for possession it depends on DHA. DHA 9 town (under development) 5 marla prices are crrently between 35 to 45.

6 to 7 years for possession! Wow thats huge, i thought in an year or two they will start giving possession as i live in karachi but was in lahore a month back and the development of Phase 7 and 8, is going very rapidly. Well they do have some actual possession plot there in phase 9 too. What are those? I mean has some area been developed and possession is given as i had seen some possession plots being sold in the market for phase 9.

Possession plots are in phase 9 “town” which were allotted to junior army personnel Shuhda’s families and work was started before start of work on phase 8.

Dear All

I have purchased a 10 marla file in DHA phase 8 Z block in last month.

• What are the expectation regarding Balloting and Possession?
  • Now a days there is correction in prices in this block, what is the future expectation?
  • Is it a good investment, I can wait for 3 to 5 years.

Thanks

Thank you KS for the updated info. I was kinda confused with it, now i am cleared. Well I have a Phase 8 Z block 10 marla file as well which i bought along with Phase 9 file. Again i will say that Rumors are that they are going to start balloting for it in the early quarter of next year. Yes prices fell down a lot during last few months and it is an indication of balloting about to start as the big fishes want to gobble the smaller ones. So i will suggest to stick with it as very soon balloting will start and the prices will go up again.

Yet i would like more experienced members to give their expert opinion on the topic.

What is going on with phase 9? For the past few months prices are going down, a rumor was spread that balloting will be in january but that never happened.

Anyone having any news about phase 9 or the prices will keep on going on a declined track?

Not sure what's going on but is it a good time to buy?

I am thinking to buy phase 9 what are your sugguestions?

Well as long as i have seen, the values are going down, as investors have turned their attention to other high profit giving societies. I still have it and not so sure if its going up or down in the next 6 months or so. Balloting is the only thing which will increase its prices, yet when will it be done is not known to anyone. All are speculating.