DHA Valley.. Investment Option?

I know DHA Valley has usually been the focus of a lot of criticism and I have myself described it as a scar on DHAI's repute. However, recently prices of this scheme have risen sharply and all blocks are trading in profit, good location plots are hard to find and are at a huge premium, but dealers are recommending it strongly. I visited the site a few days ago but the development activity is not suggestive of any signs of possession in the near future.

Do you people think it could still be a good investment option considering that it is mainly files with no possession in sight. Can the prices rise any further or are we already near the peak in the current cycle? Thanks.

Amjad sb I also went there to see on ground. The current trading is probably by file Mafia. Actual growth will start in a couple of years

I agree, that its that group of investors which flocks to a scheme, causes a sudden rise in prices and then moves on to the next scheme, and there is little doubt they will do the same with DHA valley as well. However, the scheme may be a good investment option while the game is still on, and that is the million dollar question...When do you exit? Are the prices already at or near peak or is a further jump coming?

In Lahore, 5 marla files of DHA-EME Phase 2, whose even location is yet unknown were selling stable for 9 lacs only till a month ago, but in the last 4 weeks they have jumped past 15 lacs with No development on ground. I wonder if we are looking at similar levels for Valley as well.

No doubt dha valley is a great investment for long term. It has a good potential for growth as target buyers are middle class and in a few year it will get very active. Factor are dha brand, Bahria and hrl. Also by the time it’s ready we will likely have a Proper Islamabad expressway

Property dealers are quoting the example of Safari Valley prices and how DHA valley is superior in terms of its location right on main Islamabad highway. But i still think those dynamics will come into play once possession is given. For now though, its just a roll of the dice… It seems like a blind gamble. A 5 marla category plot in BlueBell is selling for more than 10 lacs…will it reach 15? lets see, but i have my doubts.

I think it cannot be like safari as dha valley has over 20,000 plots probably a lot more so there is ample supply. Dealers are just creating the hype at the moment. However prices can reach 15 lacks for 5 Marla’s. There are con artists anything is possible

@syed amjad…Sir they are expected to touch 1.5 million in the coming 6 months.

@Saadi. Thanks for that update. Do you deal in DHA valley also? I am trying to decide on making a move here.

I do not deal thoroughly in dha valley buti have an excellent deal right now..8 marla in jasmine block..You can contact me at my mail..saadzafar92@outlook.com... Btw its an excellent option for long term investment..

Well, nothing was left in Zone 5 in 10 lacs range, only valley was there, even DHA 2 extension files were being traded on 16-20, DHA valley was under valued, SyedAmjad, i also used not to recommend DHA valley but now i am telling people to invest if they have 9-10 lacs spare and it is better to buy in Real Estate rather than keeping that money in bank. DHA valley 5 marla price will be 15 and 8 marla will reach 22-15, if we can compare the prices with DHA Homes which are adjacent to Valley blocks, we can get a very good idea of prices prevailing and prices in future.

Nasir sb thanks for that very useful info. Which blocks in Valley do you recommend for investment and any idea on going rates for a good 5 & 8 marla plot there? The people I have spoken to so far are advising me to focus on BlueBell, Rose and Tulip only, if I am investing for short term, which is my likely intention. I do have 10 lacs "spare" as you called it :) but its hard earned money, so I need to be sure. Also do you deal in DHA Valley?

Saadi sb I am considering that option you gave seriously but I am trying to make up my mind on which block to invest in. This 8 Marla plot you have, is it corner? Thanks.

I won't recommend DHA Valley for short term investment due to the mafia risk, but it is certainly good option for long term investment.

Regards

Sir its not corner but it has excellent location…

No absolutely not

Well to be honest I am really unable to decide on this one, the more people I talk to, the more confused I get, partly because I am little conservative when it comes to investing in files. Some dealers are of the view that the original investor hoard behind the current rise have started slowly offloading their files at the present rate and the game could well be over by end January. While over here, both Nasir sb and Saadi sb believe prices could rise by about 50% in the next 6 months. Then there are rumours of a new scheme about to be launched by Bahria Enclave (5 & 8 marla on installments) next month and several ppl are advising to wait and go for that scheme instead.

I guess I will continue with my research for now and make a final decision by this weekend. Any further suggestions/advice will be highly welcomed. Thanks!

Syed Amjad, you are rite, but i won't suggest Bluebell, as it is now way too expensive, it is just a rumor that development is complete in Bluebell, development is going on but at snail's pace, so, i will recommend you to buy in any other block, may be close to bluebell as development will be the same and they will also take same time.

And yes it is investors game for sure but again many serious, end buyers, genuine people are investing now a days in DHA valley, reason being the most cheap plots in Zone 5 and HRL is developer, and Brand name of Bahria is being used.

DHA Valley at its peak. All Expert suggestions and opinion gone wrong (currently). Who knows where it stops. I have 2 plots in DHA Valley, (Corner + Main Blvd Corner). Should i keep it or sell it? Any comments on that.

If some one has a better offer plz let me know as well (thesaqib@yahoo.com)

@Saqib. I would strongly advise you to check with multiple dealers on current prices. I have a feeling that the party in DHA valley is coming to an end. I could be wrong though.

I just sold the files of my uncle on previous sunday…I would recommend you to sell it if you dont want to keep it for a long term…And one more thing,there is a lot of fluctuation in prices e.g one of our relatives sold the file for 2.7 lac own on sat night in jasmine block(8 marla)…when i checked the rate,it was much higher but dealers trapped them…Next day i sold a file of my uncle in jasmine block for 7 lac own…so thoroughly check the market…

Can any body tell me which blocks area of dha valley is in possession of dha and in which blocks development work is going on. I think that now dha valley will move further if dha phase 2 extension rates will increase. As dha valley 8 marla can’t be more expensive than one kanal of phase 2 extension