E-16/17 Islamabad: The Next Giant

Cabinet Division E-16/17 is one of the largest society in zone 2 Islamabad sprawling over almost two full sectors and beautifully developed by Habib Rafique Limited. From the higher sides of the society you have the nice serene view of the Margallas and the Sandaimar Dam. Its a vast, peaceful and pollution free place.

Its just few minutes drive away from the CDA G-14 sector and the best one in terms of location wise as it is the first society on the GT Road after Tarnol railway crossing going towards D-17, ECHS, Wapda Town, AWT, RCHS and B-17.

Construction on plots have started off while work is in progress for the provision of gas, electricity and water services.

Possession is being offered on clearing dues and you could start construction straight away.

Not much have been discussed on E-16/17 on this forum but i am sure that this society is a next giant. Once the utility services are in place this society will go out of reach. Though water and electricity is already available to the few residents in E-16 specially through tanker service/bore water and temporarily erected power lines, however underground electricity network and water supply system is being developed.

Similarly according to one senior official of the society the gas connection to the society has already been approved and it will be available to the residents soon after the gas pipe lines work in the streets is completed.

Last time when i visited the society i saw quality construction work going on few plots. I hope construction on plots will accelerate in the coming months.

The society exists physically and its not on the map only. Its not long term but short term investment opportunity. And if you want to construct your house you can do that as well.

Since it is developed by the market leader HRL (developer of DHA and Bahria) it gives similar look of DHA 2 k-m blocks.

But in my humble view soil quality of this society is much much better if we compare to DHA-2 k-m blocks.

I have observed that most of the people at this forum discuss about the societies that are close to the new international airport. Interestingly, I have been to Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Multan existing airports but i never noticed the kind of commercial activities around them that we are expecting from the new Islamabad international airport.

I admit that Lahore in some way is an exception but it is due to DHA Lahore and not because of airport itself.

Societies close to new airport are obviously airport oriented but societies like E-16/17 and B-17 are Islamabad oriented and yet close to the new airport. Whats more, Margalla Avenue will change the picture for it altogether IA.

For those who think that they should buy plots close to the new airport they could do so in its E-17 sector which is close to the airport and will be connecting it through motorway and Fateh Jang road.

E-16/17 and adjacent societies are at the the "junction" of the GT Road, Margalla Avenue (under construction and will directly connect it with Islamabad posh sectors of E and F series), Fateh Jang Road and Motorway.

**Prices in E-16/17 are still very reasonable which actually started appreciating since last year or so but still attractive and lower to the neighboring societies and offers significant growth opportunity of your investment in the near future.

Mind you that the price gap between this society and the neighboring societies such as D-17 (Margalla View), B-17 and ECHS is shrinking fast. Because of the quality development and easy accessibility from all directions it has all the potential to catch up and even surpass others in the competition and come at par with B-17.

A very good Society where you can still buy 30x60,35x70 and 50x90 plots in very good price.

It varies in this range:

30x60: 17 to 23

35x70: 21 to 27

50x90: 28 to 40

Tip

Though there are no typical issues in the society but still to be on the safe side consider the following:

1-buy only those plots that have possession or ready for possession if dues are cleared.

2-check the plot physically on the site.

3- though development work has been slow but still steady. It will just take utility services to be functional and you will see construction every where IA.

Indeed, this is the buying time in the society or you might miss the opportunity.

nextgrand.e1617@gmail.com

Agreed. Good analysis.

Very nice and detailed info about E-16 and 17. Can you give us some info about the price ranges of possession plots.

Hi Boss ,

I am taking your lines....

Electricity is available through temporary poles( Cables you have to buy yourself which cost upto 1 lac)

Water is provided by tankers is not a good thing..

NO Gas.. Is also a big issue..

No doubt the society has potential... But still a medium potential society.....

Good Safe investment,.!!

Gas facility was inaugurated last year but supply yet to start. After some it will start. Electricity they will give after elections

Really good info and update about the society. Definately the potential is there, just hope the higher ups in the society start speeding up the development work overthere.

Very Nice Analysis.

Would any informed member update the prices of possession plots for different plot sizes in E-16/17 please? I am looking to buy if got a good deal.

Dear Idris,

You have summarized well about E-16/E-17...

The development is by HRL but the quality standard is not same as that in Bahria... A bit low quality work, but still reasonable.

Cost wise the society has very good potential... Returns will be very good for 2 to 5 years time frame...

So, in my view, it is safe and good investment.

Thanks

Agree with Khan.

Great potential here.

PS: I am an investor in E-17

How about Roshan Pakistan as both Cabinet and Roshan Pakistan are located there.Please comment.

Any ideas about the prices of small plots in CDECHS and their availability? Thanks

Dear S.Arshad Sb,

I think access of Roshan is not good at all.... There are some other issues also associated with Roshan... So, not worth investment, if you have better options available...

Dear Junaid, there is another thread on CDECHS, in which the price and availability of 10 marla plots is discussed at length. Please go through that discussion.

Regards

When I visited Roshan Pakistan, I noticed that roads are not properly carpeted and streets are narrow. They have only painted the footpath sidelines so that it looks good in photos and advertisement but when you go there you notice that the development is very bad.

Also, I have heard that Roshan Pakistan management has locked their office and disappeared. CDA has cancelled their NOC. In short it is an investment suicide.

Thanks Khan and PK1 for valuable information.

Zone 2 overall has good potential - and once infrastructure projects are commenced like Tarnol flyover, Margalla Avenue - airport operations, GAS Supply and Water supply from a dam or Indus River - the prices will really sky rocket.

Cabinet E-16/E-17 seems good potential and value for money at this point in time - due to low prices compared to surroundings. It should be able to catch up with surroundings in 1-2 years in terms of prices - considering people have started building houses and more people living there will make it more attractive

CDECHS on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/CDECHS?fref=ts

I request our senior and well informed friends here to post the prices of plots in this society for the purpose of comparison.

But its varies in this range:

30x60: 17 to 23

35x70: 21 to 27

50x90: 28 to 40

(Disclaimer: Prices mentioned above are only for the purpose of information. Prices may change and vary as per sellor's demands, plots demand and supply, and market sentiments in general.)

Keep it in mind the prices of G-13 or G14 just few kilometers away. Or the societies in its neighborhood.

Its a short term investment for good returns. Prices are low for the obvious reason and that is because the development is still in progress and it will take some time.

Of course, You will not get the plot in this price once the development is completed. I heard that society has plans to sell its commercial plots to generate sufficient money to expedite the development work.

Yes if you talk about cosmetics things like fancy entry gates, date palm lined roads, colorful brochures and other marketing techniques to attract buyers than that is its weak point.

What should matter you most if your investment is safe? if the location of the society is good, the development work is of good standards, if the prices are affordable and good for short and long term investment, dose it have good accessibility and close to the Islamabad city center if compare with others? The answer is YES.

Margalla Avenue is under construction its not a false claim but a reality. Tarnol Interchange or over head bridge is the project that can not be over looked and ignored by CDA anymore. You know very well what dose these two mega projects completion mean for this society and those around it.

The existing members of the society are working to network with each other to get the development work done sooner.

nextgrand.e1617@gmail.com

How about Roshan Pakistan now a days? Many people claim that they are doing development now… If anyone has visited the society recently, please update. Kindly shed some light on investment option here for small budget people who can’t buy on ground plot on lump sum