Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Khurram Riaz
( 1 post )

[26 Replies]
Assalam-o-alaikum experts!

I am currently residing in riyadh, saudi arabia and have been contemplating for a while now to do some investment in pakistan real estate which has luckily landed me to his forum which looks more than useful for a newbie like me.

Below are the details for my details for the query and will appreciate your guidance.

-my budget for the investment is 20 – 25 lakhs pkr
Would prefer 5 marla plot in a safe society in lahore or islamabad

-buying this more for investment purpose and willing to hold it for 3-5years if the value can appreciate

Thank you in advance.

Br,
Khurram

431 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Abdul Qayyum
    (2274 posts)
    Dear Mohammad

You are right. RS depreciated by 21.9% for the last 2.5 years since I bought the plot. I checked the price of my plot today and it turns out to be a raise of 11.9% per annum.
    But think how many people got their earning, starting from the tea boys in dealer office, dealer's family, the transport used during the buyout,......
    Whereas if you keep $, your are benefitting and America
    I do not know whether or not, keeping money in $, give a benefit to Pakistan's economy. If it does it is OK otherwise let the ball rolling and invest where state gets benefit.
    If I had traded this plot several times since then, I might be well above $ deposits.
      425 days ago 

Imtiaz
      (1842 posts)
      Sir, slight correction:

USD-PKR on Jan 1, 2017 (approx 2.5+ yrs ago) was 1 to 103 approx. Now it's 1 to 160 approx. 1 USD in 2.5 yrs gained 57 PKR, i.e.; PKR losing 55% approx. to USD.
        425 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
        (2274 posts)
        Sir Jee

I talked of calculation rounded to PER YEAR.
        As per your figures it balances around 22.0% (RS).
        Mine is 21.9 but I did not get the date-wise figures just talked out of my memory, which does not qualify for being a great one!
        We both are at the same figures, Imtiaz sb.
          425 days ago 

Imtiaz
          (1842 posts)
          Context: USD-PKR Parity (predicted)

https://longforecast.com/usd-to-pkr-forecast
            424 days ago 

Abdul Qayyum
            (2274 posts)
            If big tax evaders are successfully put under the tax net, which seems happening, tax base gets broadened, which also seems happening, import/export balance gets improved, seems happening as well, this prediction does not mean anything!
            In Iran, a good sitting office chair cost in millions, In Indonesia same, in ………long list……
            JDM sb is also convinced on the tax collection improvement by Imran govt.
              424 days ago 

Imtiaz
              (1842 posts)
              I dont wanna turn it into another 'Devaluation' thread. Posted the prediction, solely for the fact that people can interpret and decide for themselves as things predicted, whether to preserve in foreign currency or invest that into Pakistani Real Estate. Along the way, Iran is never even least decent of an example for economic model to compare with, even if its inflationary comparison.

No matter how much tax net broadened, Local Currency nose diving against the Universal Currency will hammer our economy. The only bail out is increased exports to counter that. However looking at industries and PSX that seems doomed as well.

Rest, Oil, External Debts, Imports are just a few of the factors that will put cold water on all tax and GDP as long as PKR crashing.

Just see, even half decent locally produced 1300 cc vehicles have jumped up by almost a million approx in last 2.5 yrs and specifically in last 1 odd year. These local manufacturers who used to be seriously under supply (delivery times) are now in surplus because with crashing PKR and skyrocketed inflation, sales have deteriorated big time.

Back to the point:
              Having said that, I am pro Real Estate investment but not at the cost of vested interests or ill-advising. only 25% - 40% of that saving at max should go to Real Estate for the enthusiasts who like to play around in Real Estate that too smaller investment rather than traditional 10 Marlas and kanal+ sorts worth multi-millions and high premium on files. It's not as extreme bad as portrayed elsewhere, also no where as rosy as it used to be 1.5 yrs ago. During that 1.5 yrs ofcourse USD has climbed quite sharply.
                423 days ago 

Aftab Khatta..
                (111 posts)
                Khurram, i am also an expat for last 15 years. My suggestion, keep your money in Riyal. I am not investing for last 2 years and keeping my money in foreign exchange. In next 4 months, the dollar will touch 184. Just invest in middle of 2020 when the Ruppee will be stable and plot prices will dip further.

Currently cash is the king and Riyal/$ r the gods.
                  423 days ago 

Isloo1
                  (807 posts)
                  If wishes had wings, sheep would fly.

Today Pakistan is put under APG's Enhanced Monitoring List. Whatever it means, it is surely one step further down in darkness. This is another blow after winning the "World Cup" from the US (you know what I mean).

When will we hit the bottom, I still wonder.

423 days ago 

@li
                    (343 posts)
                    Dear fellows:

What about in investing in Bitcoins ?

Does it has any worth ?

If yes please guide on this topic.
                      420 days ago 

Imtiaz
                      (1842 posts)
                      I think the issue correlating the following two factors have been discussed explicitly almost line N-times.

A. Saving in a Foreign Currency (ideally pegged with USD)

B. Investing in Real Estate of PAK.

Facts: Post June-2018 there is minimal growth of real estate investments and ROI in PAK. Jan-2018 to May-2018 was progressive, infact quite good (stable PKR, GDP>5, lower inflation), however, beyond mid-year the growth is slow and mostly stagnant. Whereas if one compares rise in USD during the same time, it is quite high. All data, facts and ground realities are explicitly self-explanatory.

This by no means discouraging people to invest in Real Estate. However, it does suggests to consider the context before decision.

** Investment in B

- Genuine buyers who want to own a house or property of their own (getting rid of rentals etc.), anytime is best time to get your own house/real estate asset.

- If holding power is >2 years, things bought now will for sure be beneficial. However, question is would it be more beneficial to invest in A or go for B? no one knows precisely. Context suggest USD may hit 169 mark to PKR come Dec-2019.

- Smaller investment (
                        419 days ago 

Post Answer (26 Replies)
                        < 1 2 3 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL