Gulberg mall islamabad

Hi experts, i need advise on gulberg mall islamabad. I am thinking to invest in comercial shop in gulberg mall. What is your opnion about the project and return on investment. Kindly help.

Thanx

Experts kindly advise

???

All guruz @nadeem , @imtiaz, @nasir, @khalid, @isloo

Any advise sir???

Kahif Borther, can you share the exact name as in Gulberg there are these three that are more or less referred to as same name (common people)

-- Gulberg Mall & Signature Living (Greens)
-- Gulberg Arena Mall (Greens)
-- Mall of Gulberg Islamabad (Residencia)

Which one exactly?

Also, do share:

-- Size of Shop
-- Level of Floor (Ground, First etc.)
-- Price per Sq. ft. offered to you
-- Project Delivery Time (as per developer claim)

===============
Gulberg Commercials from 2017 - 2019 were fastest selling but now too much commercials and its a surplus.

In general future is good but will take time, minimum 3 to 5 years to get good appreciation.

Gulberg Residencia may be cheaper but it has much more residential around so may prove better value for money.

Greens commercial suits more to Big Brands. Gulberg Residencia suits better to Residencia Population around.

Commercial worth takes decade before getting in lime light when 1000s ( not 100s) residencies show up in the vicinity!
Otherwise no good rental or resale value.
Gulberg is very good for flats/houses for rental projection as it is an excellent place for commuters working in the capital.
If one is determined to invest in commercial then one has to wait for years before coming on par with other societies hot commercials, such as BTs, DHAs, PWD, Media townn, B-17 ( but B-17 also full with oversupplied commercials like BT phase-8)and other sister locations.

Rightly said

Its simple demand and supply rule, in gulberg and other isb/rwp societies there is demand of residence right now. Commercial is over supplied. All major societies are building big malls. So many plazas are under construction due to the amnesty scheme. But businesses over all are not growing. So in next 2 years there will be more over supply of commercials. But in CDA there is limited supply of commercials. So either invest in CDA commercial or private society residencials.

I would just like to add: It's about being at right place at right time. Example: CSC pre-lauched commercial within 2 years grew > 100% even without a single (ballotted) residential plot around and without a single brick laid on any commercial. CDA mini commercials (class C I guess) keep growing even in a jungle around.

In any private or lets say non CDA commercial always starts with oversupply. Cooperative housings are a bit better than private like BTs as they still try to adhere to Master Plan (well sort of).

Gulberg and BT/DH are non-comparable as one being private and other being an authority will have much faster pace of development. For Gulberg, after prime comelmercials like E, F, G (CDAs), it's the closets to mainstream ISB and it's 3-way access makes it best among any other cooperative or private project.

Yes, for now it's in oversupply but my anticipation it will be far better than BT/DH combined, in times ahead.

Yes, even in a single project some Commerical can be a hit, other at few meters apart can be a disaster. Gulberg doesnt need any Rings or Avenues, Expressway as is, it's selling point. Any future access added bonus & for sure widening of express way!

There is a reasosn many of these high profiles in pariliament have their farms in Greens after Chal Shahzad Farms.

Bottom Line:

- Commercial for sure, will take time but will rise, in particular (Express Way, Business Square, D-Markaz)

- Gulberg is gradually becoming a disaster for Farm Houses due to high rise commercials overseeing the farms.

In any new society initially investment finds its way in both residential & commercial.
Appreciation does happen and smart ones sell and exit on lucrative profits as they know in veeranas no one would rent and come ask for commercial on resale!
DHA Valley 4 Marla commercials touched 70 Lacs initially and now same back to 35 Lacs.
BT phase-8, muhalla commercials reached 62 Lacs at launch and now at 32 Lacs...people lost billions in phase-8 commercials.
Residencies around commercials dictate supply & demand as Nasir sb said.
Even DHA-2 shop n shop crying for getting sold after launch more than 10 years before!
If in any society underdevelopment commercial reached double and still in veerana, I would sell, exit and run like hell without any hesitation.

Hi gurus thanx for sharing these details, so nice of you.

Imitiaz saab, it is in

-- Gulberg Mall & Signature Living (Greens).

First floor, where i am getting a 265sq shop on first floor in aprox 36000sqt which include the profit around 16lac. New booking is now in 62000sqft.

What do you suggest?

Also Project completion is by end if 2022 as per management claim. Though i doubt on that.

???

I will strongly advise you against investing in shops, these large projects will take a long time to materialise even then there is too much supply of commercial. If you really want to invest, invest in plots like i do.

I would agree with Raja, unless the commercials are in CDA, these types of societies will be oversupply… Residential plots cant really go wrong if stick to main players CDA/BT/DHA.

As other brothers have rightly pointed. Shops/Apartments seem tempting to purchase on installments but they becomes easy to sell of in such projects.

However, let me be Devil's advocate to suggest:

- Such shop/apartment based invetmemts can still be profitable or booked at pre-launch. As soon as deposited Installments grow, the profit starts to decline. Once full payments done, unless there is a an exceptional case, even recovering full cost as lumpsum becomes hard.

- Such project located on Markaz or Prime Part. In Gulberg's case that prime is Expressway Commercial.

- Never trust a Developer, he will revise pricing almost each 6 months and those pricing are not reflective of market. It's mostly developers game.

In that amount, plot at Residencia can be a much better investment. Yes, that may not be installment but for sure will have the growth.

For commercial, now TC is doing good but it will suffer the same fate, i. e., oversupply.

For now, if he geniune price apprecaition is the motivation avoid such commercials!

Dear Kashif,

Better to stay away if you like to invest in commercial then go to GR road around Dha-2 which will give you good return.GT road commercial location is best if you see this area Dha-2,Bahria 1-6 and other hand Dha-3 and Bahria 7,8 which is fully populated.

Regards

Thanks.everyone for your kind suggestions.

You Gurus always help to make a right decision.