Impact of budget 2020-21 on property market

After many years of suffocation, at least some good news on property market front. Holding period of plot for CGT is reduced to 4 years and tax is cut down to half.

This will help real estate market come out of stagnation and boost plot trade, development and construction activity.

I have started this thread to discuss anything related to budget 2020-21 here.

Timely thread:

Needs to be seen when budgetary measures started to be executed post Jun-30. 3 factors are critical to revival of RE & Construction in the context of Economy and Pakistanis (whethere locally resident or overseas)

-- Value of PKR post Jun-30
-- GDP/Inflation (that unfortunately as of now is nightmare)
-- Duration of Pandemic

Is there any benefit for new residential property buyers?

@FlySaad

No so much to the buyers.

It has been buyer's market up until now. With the Construction Package announced earlier and now CGT reduced, it will certainly boost market activity.

So if the big guns decide to capitalize on this opportunity and time it with COVID lock-down ending, then by September prices can take positive trajectory.

I think Corona is real threat to our economy.This is just start and thousands of people lost their jobs and business and due to corona overseas Pakistani’s also will not able to invest. So I think hold your money. Wait and See policy…

L@l@

On wait and see, I disagree. Reason: property market had already bottomed out way before Covid crisis. Transactions in major projects were almost zero, means there was no demand from the investors side. Only those wanting to build their houses were buying.

So it can not go down any further. The only possibility is that CGT reduction and hidden amnesty in Construction Package will give stimulus to market that can gain momentum specially when big fishes start a new game.

Currently, it is buyer's market and buyer is the king. Means, due to low demand and low turnover you can find a plot of your choice at your price.

For genuine buyers, I see more risk if they wait for further price decline.

Property on ground will get upward trend with such initiatives and on the other hand reduction of interest rates, despite other factors Pakistan being such a population will always have a genuine demand towards land.

Suggest where to invest 3.5-4 million for 2-3 years to get maximum return in Rawalpindi Islamabad areas?

I always feel zameen.com is a forum for rwp islmb ppl.i dont know why every 1 is asking about pindi islmb.why not lhr krchi mltn etc etc.

Muhammad Shaheer.

I've seen many posts discussing Lhr, Pwr, Khi, Mtan properties, but yes their proportion is very low. Perhaps they have other more active forum available, I don't know. And yes, Isl/Rwp folks are most active here.

We need more balanced participation, so investors from other cities should not sit quiet and make some noise here.

L@l@, look for a shop in a relatively new commercial that will become busy in next 2 years. This will not only give you good return on investment but also good rental yield.

For residential plots, B-17, Faisal Town and Capital Smart City have good prospects.

Isloo give few shop suggestions and in which sectors?

Alaaaaa!!! Ma Sha Allah i am seeing our one and the only one isloo with renewed passion!!! Deer Kha Zargia…

O Pakhair Pkhair, Ilyas saab Raglay de.

Good to see you mate. Its been very quiet here. Only I and Imtiaz had been holding the fort while everyone else took a long leave from the forum.

Hope you'll stay and contine to share market news along with baba ji's quotes.

(N.B. My Pashto goes only this far, which is a shame. I should take some online lessons during this down time)

L@l@, DHA, BT and BE offer good options. Gulberg is also promising.

I know one project in BE that will give possession to ground floor shops early next year. Capital Mall & Residency marketed by Property Time. You can get latest details from the website and facebook.

Salam Ilyas, Isloo,

hahahaha Ilyas Khana, very well noted the mood change of isloo sb. His Churut "happy mood" is a possitive sign for property investors:)

Manana Isloo one and the only one and sohail khan sahibans.... Actually the market was made still by the chinese or wuhan virus and was struggling in the production line but Thanks to the omnipotent things are getting better and the real gleam of hope is the grace of Almighty and then the vaccine to contain the chinese virus...... I wish the chinese had not manipulated with virus data so the world would have been in better position........ I had dumped my buck in B 17 F and university town commercials last year..... B 17 F markaz commercial proved to be great for me regarding return point of view while university town decision proved to be crap for a while......

:) as far kafir baba ji is concerned so he advised me while coughing due to Chinese virus.... " Lad, Buy when no one is buying"...... Learning different languages is a great skill.....

Ov kana Sohail Khana wroora, Isloo 1 is our all seasons man.... He is emotional and cool at times but got pure heart as per my experience...... His postive notes are really encouraging

Manana Isloo one and the only one and sohail khan sahibans.... Actually the market was made still by the chinese or wuhan virus and was struggling in the production line but Thanks to the omnipotent things are getting better and the real gleam of hope is the grace of Almighty and then the vaccine to contain the chinese virus...... i wish the chinese had not manipulated with virus data so the world would have been in better position........ i had dumped my buck in B 17 F and university town commercials last year..... B 17 F markaz commercial proved to be great for me regarding return point of view while university town decision proved to be crap for a while......

:) as far kafir baba ji is concerned so he advised me while coughing due to Chinese virus.... " Lad, Buy when no one is buying"...... learning different languages is a great skill.....

Ov kana Sohail Khana wroora, Isloo 1 is our all seasons man.... He is emotional and cool at times but got pure heart as per my experience...... His postive notes are really encouraging

WA Sohail, good to see you too.

Hope everyone is keeping safe from the china virus and no one tried hydroxychloroquine or injected bleach as Mr. Donald Trump suggested.

Iyas, B-17 was good choice. Faisal town also seem promising. explore that too specially its new sectors (D?). I hear they are expanding towards Kashmir Highway,

Our one and the only one isloo, i gotta tell you a story......

STORY OF SHORT TERM THINKINGS:

One of the early founders, Ronald Wayne, of Apple inc. sold his 10% of the company share back to Steve jobs for 800$ while thinking short term business and run away when Apple was in crisis and loss around 1980 or something.

LAST NIGHT, on our part of planet earth Apple claims to be a half trillion $ baby regarding APPLE STORE income ONLY.

This is the result of short term business and thinkings.

Ronald Wayne is still alive 85 years old.....,