Investment In Naval Anchorage

I need some expert opinions from some of the forum experts.

I have been looking to a buy a house in islamabad where i can favourably pay through installments.

I have one seen one such house being sold in naval anchorage. Its a double story with 2 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, one car park garage and its a 5 marla house.

The questions i have are this :

1- how good is naval anchorage as a society ?

2- is it worth investing 40 - 50 lakhs in a double story home there ?

3- i know security there is pretty good and because its army run their are no issues of embezellment. So what are so of the other drawbacks ?

1. Is their any water, electric or any such issue that you may know off ?

Your opinion on all these matters would be highly appreciated :)

Some opinions would be greatly appreciated !

Dear suliman,

If the location of naval anchorage is ok for you, then i think you will not any further problems over there.

Regards,

So is the location not a very good one ? …Like what are some of the drawbacks ?? …Is it safe ?

Dear suleiman

I think that you will face hardly any drawbacks. Not only naval anchorage is secure place to live but its also a secure place to invest and make a purchase. The double storey houses are well built and well styled. The best thing is that they are space efficient and offer you a lot more domestic facilities in considerably less space. The budget you are stating and the amenities they are offering in that are pretty good. As for water and power issues are concerned, power cuts are being done in all over Pakistan, so for that you might need an alternative but other then that, the society poses no issues regarding water and power.I think this would be a very good purchase in terms of investing and living.

Regards Hiba

Dear suleiman,

As far the location is concerned, i does not mean that it is bad, but it is actually a bit outside islamabad, so if you can bear with that then i don't see any problem with that.

Regards.

Rumour is, actually if you know someone in telenor they can confirm this, but the rumour is tha telenor is setting up a campus around their and will move most of their offices in the twin cities. If that happens, that may help to get th area going. Just check out what the situation is with water supply and where they are getting their water from. At the end of the day, they are so many different societies, but those who have thought out their water supplies in the long run should do well.

Do we have any builders on this forum that are currently building homes in naval anchorage ??

I'm a small builder, i'm building a one kanal double story house in naval anchorage. Naval anchorage is a nice place to build a house and, live in it and call it a home. Insha'allah, i'm hoping to complete it in next few months and put it up for sale.

1- how good is naval anchorage as a society ? Answer would be, very very good, in a fact it is so good that we're hoping to build at least three more houses there, ranging from 5 to 14 marlas

2- is it worth investing 40 - 50 lakhs in a double story home there ? The asking price for a new double story house is atleast 50 hundred thousands. A 5 marla plot at a relatively good location now costs upwards of 17 hundred thousands. A single brick which is just good enough would cost you 6.20rs. Then there is cement and sirea, i call them the new booleans of construction industry, any ways the cost adds up and then finally there's a cost of waiting for the right buyer and hence my pay day, on the lighter side, i'm heart broken ever since i read and came to know that you are in favor of buying a house on installments(just kidding). Is it worth investing? My advice would be that, decide what you are shopping for, a house or a home. When you are shopping for house then you've liberty to think like an investor(may be), otherwise think like a father, a husband, a bread earener, a guardian... Beacuse cost of living in the naval anchorage is(atleast for now) bit on the higher side. No good schools(i know there are atleast three schools in naval anchorage), no hospitals(there is a clinic run by navy, it operates in duty hours only), fewer shops for groceries, cost of services are high, then there is also a cost of travel in terms of fuel and time, so the cost of living there adds up.

3- i know security there is pretty good and because its army run their are no issues of embezellment. So what are so of the other drawbacks ? It is a naval venture, so things are running very smoothly.

1. Is their any water, electric or any such issue that you may know off ? No shortage of water, if you are construting a house then you can face some shortage of water in summer but no shortage when you are living there. Electric? At least as much as the other societies.

Foobar:

Very good response for info.

Thanks

Foobar

Thanks for the response foobar.

A very good and articulate response. My natural question then in this case would be that how quickly do you see this area developing ??

• will the development be quick ?

• if not which other areas in the vicinity will be a good investment ?? From both a schooling, healthcare and living (grocery/shopping) perspective ?

• the price range should be the same.

Thanks for the great advice and can you also pm me your contact number please..

Thanks

This is my 2 cents worth of response and please read it with considerable doubt.

• how quickly do you see this area developing ?? It has two phases, phase 1 is developed and construction of houses is in full swing. Phase 2 is new and under developed phase

• will the development be quick ? As i said, phase 2 is under developed and it took phase 1 long long time to get where it is today and, it is not a bad thing for naval anchorage, 1. It is not a business concern, 2. It is merely a township for retired naval officers established and run by pak navy.

• if not which other areas in the vicinity will be a good investment ?? From both a schooling, healthcare and living (grocery/shopping) perspective ? If you expect an early relocation of your family then, you should visit the areas around pwd main double road

• the price range should be the same. Have you thought about constructing your own house, with 5 million you should be able to construct a 5 marla house around pwd main double road, it may not have high end ceramics and tiles but these finishings can wait and you can finish it while you live in it.

@foobar

Thanks for the response.

My family can wait to move into the new house. But yes the idea that we can finish it off while we are in it is good one.

Also, what are your thoughts on ghauri town as i have some family living their but i feel that the society once finished wont be the best from a facilities perspective plus its not secure like naval anchorage.

We dont need high end furnishings just yet and can make do with regular equipment for now.

Tell me how is the rental market for both pwd and naval anchorage for a longterm perspective and which will fetch me more capital return and keep my investment safe, as i might plan to rent out a portion.

Thanks for your valuable words

• my family can wait to move into the new house. But yes the idea that we can finish it off while we are in it is good one. If you plan to construct a house, then i would recommend that buy a plot way before the actual ground breaking date. The smaller plots are usually bought and sold at a relatively higher price but, even then be very very prudent and reluctant buyer. Visit the areas, check news papers, surf internet and try to find a deal at which you feel less pain of parting with your hard earned money. If you think that you are on tight budget then, i would also recommend that you don't buy a corner plot; i mean the best plot for you in that case would be the one which has only one open side(the front) and the rest of three sides are closed by the houses of your neighbors and, plot it self is a naturally leveled plot, that way(depending on your floor plan) you can save upon considerable construction cost.

• tell me how is the rental market for both pwd and naval anchorage for a longterm perspective Just a quick recollection. @naval anchorage rent for a 5 marla floor is twelve thousands, in Pwd a eight marla floor would cost you sixteen seventeen thousands per month and in npf 0-9 it would be eighteen thousand for a 10 marla floor. I heard that rents are low in swan garden(may be)

• which will fetch me more capital return and keep my investment safe Your investment in an established society/township is safe, be it a naval anchorage, pwd, pakistan town, npf 0-9 . If you decide to live around pwd main double road then you'll have a added benefit of living near a big bazar, you'll be close to hospitals and schools etc and, if you decide to live in naval anchorage then you'll have all the comforts and discomforts of living in a walled township.

Thank you very much for a very insightful response.

Can you also tell me about ghauri town ?

Is it safe to invest in that society ? Ghauri town 4 ?

Will it fetch good rent ?

I favour islamabad expressway since my present residence is close to margalla town.

Sorry, can’t help you there. I just don’t know any thing about ghauri town.

No worries. Brother can you tell me which area or street within naval anchorage would be favourable to buy in from an initial build and rent perspective.

And what are the exact steps to go through to make sure that their is no title fraud ?

Also what other societies are you knowledgeable on ?

Thanks for the response.

But can you tell me which area in naval anchorage would be cheaper and better to buy from a build and rent perspective ?

Also what is the procedure for procuring land in Naval Anchorage and the steps to make sure that their is no fraud involved in title transfer ?

Also which other societies are you knowledgeable about ?

• but can you tell me which area in naval anchorage would be cheaper and better to buy from a build and rent perspective
    As i recall, you are looking for a five marla plot. Only block g of old naval anchorage has five marla plots, you have no other choice and, i think the new(under developed) phase has only a kanal and bigger plots.

• also what is the procedure for procuring land in naval anchorage and the steps to make sure that their is no fraud involved in title transfer
      Procedure is simple, find a seller, prepare papers and go to site office, exchange money in return for transfer letter in the presence of the person who has the power to transfer the owner ship/title, so procedure is very easy and transparent.

• also which other societies are you knowledgeable about?
      Since you are building a house for your family and you are also looking for some rental income and, in this case you've to follow the herd mentality. Visit societies and if you see fewer empty plots then mark that area as a good society but even then always act like a very prudent, very reluctant and very conscious buyer.

----------------------------

http://tinyurl.com/qcspakistan

I replied a while ago but it got lost in the records of this site, it has been nice talking to you.