Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Suleiman Kan..
( 1 post )

[45 Replies]
I need some expert opinions from some of the forum experts.

I have been looking to a buy a house in islamabad where i can favourably pay through installments.

I have one seen one such house being sold in naval anchorage. Its a double story with 2 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, one car park garage and its a 5 marla house.

The questions i have are this :

1- how good is naval anchorage as a society ?

2- is it worth investing 40 - 50 lakhs in a double story home there ?

3- i know security there is pretty good and because its army run their are no issues of embezellment. So what are so of the other drawbacks ?

4. Is their any water, electric or any such issue that you may know off ?

Your opinion on all these matters would be highly appreciated :)

2782 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Suleiman Kan..
    (15 posts)
    Some opinions would be greatly appreciated !
      2782 days ago 

Prop Guide
      (6959 posts)
      Dear suliman,

If the location of naval anchorage is ok for you, then i think you will not any further problems over there.

Regards,
        2781 days ago 

Suleiman Kan..
        (15 posts)
        So is the location not a very good one ? ...Like what are some of the drawbacks ?? ...Is it safe ?
          2781 days ago 

Hiba Raheem
          (9 posts)
          Dear suleiman

I think that you will face hardly any drawbacks. Not only naval anchorage is secure place to live but its also a secure place to invest and make a purchase. The double storey houses are well built and well styled. The best thing is that they are space efficient and offer you a lot more domestic facilities in considerably less space. The budget you are stating and the amenities they are offering in that are pretty good. As for water and power issues are concerned, power cuts are being done in all over Pakistan, so for that you might need an alternative but other then that, the society poses no issues regarding water and power.I think this would be a very good purchase in terms of investing and living.

Regards
          Hiba
            2780 days ago 

Prop Guide
            (6959 posts)
            Dear suleiman,

As far the location is concerned, i does not mean that it is bad, but it is actually a bit outside islamabad, so if you can bear with that then i don't see any problem with that.

Regards.
              2780 days ago 

Gated Commun..
              (78 posts)
              Rumour is, actually if you know someone in telenor they can confirm this, but the rumour is tha telenor is setting up a campus around their and will move most of their offices in the twin cities. If that happens, that may help to get th area going. Just check out what the situation is with water supply and where they are getting their water from. At the end of the day, they are so many different societies, but those who have thought out their water supplies in the long run should do well.
                2778 days ago 

Suleiman Kan..
                (15 posts)
                Do we have any builders on this forum that are currently building homes in naval anchorage ??
                  2767 days ago 

FooBar
                  (55 posts)
                  I'm a small builder, i'm building a one kanal double story house in naval anchorage. Naval anchorage is a nice place to build a house and, live in it and call it a home. Insha'allah, i'm hoping to complete it in next few months and put it up for sale.

1- how good is naval anchorage as a society ?
                  Answer would be, very very good, in a fact it is so good that we're hoping to build at least three more houses there, ranging from 5 to 14 marlas

2- is it worth investing 40 - 50 lakhs in a double story home there ?
                  The asking price for a new double story house is atleast 50 hundred thousands. A 5 marla plot at a relatively good location now costs upwards of 17 hundred thousands. A single brick which is just good enough would cost you 6.20rs. Then there is cement and sirea, i call them the new booleans of construction industry, any ways the cost adds up and then finally there's a cost of waiting for the right buyer and hence my pay day, on the lighter side, i'm heart broken ever since i read and came to know that you are in favor of buying a house on installments(just kidding). Is it worth investing? My advice would be that, decide what you are shopping for, a house or a home. When you are shopping for house then you've liberty to think like an investor(may be), otherwise think like a father, a husband, a bread earener, a guardian... Beacuse cost of living in the naval anchorage is(atleast for now) bit on the higher side. No good schools(i know there are atleast three schools in naval anchorage), no hospitals(there is a clinic run by navy, it operates in duty hours only), fewer shops for groceries, cost of services are high, then there is also a cost of travel in terms of fuel and time, so the cost of living there adds up.

3- i know security there is pretty good and because its army run their are no issues of embezellment. So what are so of the other drawbacks ?
                  It is a naval venture, so things are running very smoothly.

4. Is their any water, electric or any such issue that you may know off ?
                  No shortage of water, if you are construting a house then you can face some shortage of water in summer but no shortage when you are living there. Electric? At least as much as the other societies.
                    2767 days ago 

Prop Guide
                    (6959 posts)
                    Foobar:

Very good response for info.

Thanks
                      2766 days ago 

Suleiman Kan..
                      (15 posts)
                      Foobar

Thanks for the response foobar.

A very good and articulate response. My natural question then in this case would be that how quickly do you see this area developing ??

- will the development be quick ?

- if not which other areas in the vicinity will be a good investment ?? From both a schooling, healthcare and living (grocery/shopping) perspective ?

- the price range should be the same.

Thanks for the great advice and can you also pm me your contact number please..

Thanks
                        2766 days ago 

Post Answer (45 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 5 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL