Is it the right time to invest in UAE?

Guys,

The UAE residential market is currently close to the bottom of its current cycle. I believe the UAE residential market offers good long-term growth opportunities. Moreover, purchasing around the bottom of the cycle is always a good time to buy for those taking a long-term view.

Best Places to invest

1. Discovery Garden Dubai, Return on investment from rents around 8% per annum. Also possibility of another 5-10% increase in property value.

2. Reem Island Abu Dhabi, Return on investment from rents around 8% -9% per annum. Also possibility of another 5-10% increase in property value.

Rental yield in the emirate are globally unrivalled, with gross rental yield for apartments ranging from 7 to 10 per cent per annum compared to mere 2 to 3 per cent in other global cities.

Dubai is the host city for Expo 2020, which will run for a period of six months, starting October 20, 2020 till April 10, 2021. Over Dh25 billion investments is expected in infrastructure-related projects, with 277,000 new jobs being created

Bhai dont know anything about UAE property but in Pakistan we are at the verge of very serious money printing. Therefore, we need to hide behind real estate to fight inflation.

Can we buy in UAE property on Installments.How much we ned to pay as down payment? I Stayed Reem Island area last month. It is beautiful area. What is the current rate of 2 bed apartment? What is annual rent?

UAE property market isn’t not much lucrative for small investors…i believe that active trading in Pakistani Property market yield more gain than UAE. People have lost trillions in UAE during 2008 economic crunch.

Dubai property titanic is sinking and it has not reached the bottom yet. Every year, property pundits predict recovery, but for consecutive third year it is sliding down. Let us not forget that Dubai thrives on black money, but no more. With UAE announcement of implementing G20 and OECD procedures for sharing tax information in 2018, this black money will flee to find new homes. I personally do not see this as cycle, I predict start of serious correction that will continue for next few years until black money is replaced with white.

Agree with above comment.I spent last two weeks in Dubai and saw market is very slow.I visited EMAAR office in Dubai mall and observed very flexible deals because of less buyers.

I think investment in Ajman is better option where is cheap and reasonable rent and it will rise.

Regards

Yes, Ajman can prove better investment avenue after Dubai & Sharja as there is lot of room for improvement in Ajman. Rental potential will keep improving in the years to come.

But one has to see the next of kin situations in UAE real-estate sector.

When I sold my property in Dubai, years before, the main reason being no clear cut rights-proof was available if next of kin and the 1st owner make peace with Allah together.

May be it is stupid to think but there are examples!

For a rich man, it could be joke but for a person who is putting his life-earned savings, it may be a legitimate question.

Don’t miss this opportunity.

Oil prices are very low, lot of new projects recently handed over, big bank mergers and layoffs already completed and market is now at its bottom.

Major reasons to invest in UAE

Did you know that rental returns in Dubai are much higher as compared to major real estate capitals in the world? The best performing areas of Dubai are generating up to 10% rental yield on average. The average rental yield in New York is only 3.91%, in London it is 3.21%, in Singapore it is 2.83% and in Hong Kong you will not get more than 2.82% rental income.

One of the biggest benefits of buying property in UAE is that, people from all over the world are coming here in search of better career and business opportunities. All these people need a place to stay after all, no one is going to stay in hotels for the rest of their lives, right?

Among the many benefits of buying property in UAE, one is the sense of security that residents of UAE enjoy. This is one of the major reasons why people find it reliable to come here in UAE and start their new lives. While many countries in the middle east region have gone through and still going through their fair share of political disturbance, UAE remains the most stable country in MENA region.

L@la: Expatriates can buy in only few areas in the Abu Dhabi and Al Reem Island is one of them. Lot of new buildings recently handed over in Reem Island and rents have dropped due to reduction in headcounts by banks and oil companies.

Price and Rent of 2 bed room depends on building and area. Shams and Hydra is a cheap area because it is not yet developed while Marina Square is most expensive area in Reem Island.

In Shams good buildings i.e. Beach Tower, Amaya Tower, Sun Tower, Sky Tower you can buy 2 bed good apartment @ AED 1.3M to AED 1.8M which will give you rent @ AED 110,000 to AED 140,000 per annum.

At Marina Square 2 bed room in good buildings i.e. MAG 5, RAK Tower, Durrah Tower will cost you around AED 2 million and rent from AED 130,000 to AED 160,000 per year.

For more details you can visit www.bayut.com

Agree with the above comments. The government is still regulating the supply and delaying handover as ample amount of buildings are available with no tenants in sight. In the last one year, thousands of white collar people lost their jobs and hence more and more apartments/villas are getting vacated.

Discovery Gardens and Intl City still offers better returns but that's not the case in other areas where the yield has significantly decreased and villas owners are the hardest hit ones.

Moreover, in UAE the government closely control the media other wise things are not that rosy economically. The best judge is the stock market and the performance of their best stocks in real estate i.e. Aldar and Emaar and Emaar Malls... All at same levels and way below where they were in 2014 before the oil crises. Values are cut into half and no signs of improvement visible even though Expo2020 is fast approaching

The central location of Dubai, its status as a global business and leisure hub and the ongoing preparations for the Expo 2020 remained the key drivers of growth.

Dubai property rental yields are significantly higher than those offered in popular cities such as London and New York. Choose the right agent, pick the right Dubai property and home ownership can be a very rewarding experience. Recent data also lists Dubai as the most 'affordable' city to purchase a home compared with other major international hubs such as London, New York, Hong Kong, Paris and Singapore.

Pakistan property business is facing a bubble for the last few years, and it is bound to burst sooner or later. Property is becoming very expensive in Islamabad even though quality of life and earning power is dropping. This all is due to “TOP” by property dealers. Look at E-12, G-14. I-11, I-12, Bahria Enclave 2, DHA Phase 2 extension, B-17 Sector D, Top City, Mumtaz City etc. These all will be livable in next 15-20 years. People are taking huge risk due to trap by property dealers and putting money in these sectors. How come a sensible person can put his hard-earned money i.e. Pak Rupee 3 Million to 10 Million in above mentioned sectors where all the facilities will be delivered maybe after 20 years?

The emirate offers low property prices, lucrative rental yields, zero rental income tax, investor security, residence visas on property purchase above AED 1 million, and an unprecedented quality of life.

Below are key points to note while comparing investment in UAE vs Pakistan

• UAE Dirham appreciated by almost 100% in last 10 years against Pak Rupee

• UAE Rental return on investment is highest in the world

• Property advisors expect average prices to be higher by the end of 2017 than they are currently

• Real estate is a long-term investment and in the long run the UAE market looks promising

What’s this next of kin situation for buying in Dubai , how does it effect property purchase, can someone pls tell

@YC

They do it as per the Islamic law. Well I tried my best, used Dubai friends but failed to get any clear cut papers showing the full freehold property deeds that how the " Tarka" would work?

In Islamic law uncles and many other relatives are eligible but who will sit in hotels and follow up the expensive law suit ?

You cannot get RP until you invest more then one million Durhams!

There are historical facts for a country to prosper:

--Agri industry: None in UAE!

--Industrial base; None in UAE except biscuits

--Management expertise: None in UAE

-- Natural resources: None in Dubai. They are producing oil in buckets not in barrels!

Think hard before investing!

Right time to invest in lahore , karachi

Thanks AQ sb, I have no plans of investing, was just curious to knw abt next of kin thing in buying in UAE, didn't know about this

Dubai is a city without soul...

@ASAD Sb,

where would you recommend in Lahore to invest now ?

No