Islamabad property trend

What is the general trend of islamabad property?
What areas are gaining and what are the areas that are losing on property values?
What is future trend ?

Place where prices are being driven by genuine housing demand are sustaining…Artificially inflated places such as phase 8 or b-17 has depreciated a lot…Especially b-17 has depreciated very much.Places like g-13,g-14/4,dha 2 are good to invest.

Dear Alpha_K,

1:Bahria phase8 prices drop but will rise best investment.

2:B-17 was best project of zone2 but unfortunately decline because of mismanagement but i hope management will serious in project and prices will rise inshAllah.

3:G-13 and G-15 stable and rise.

4:Dha phase2 is stable and rise.

5:Bahria Enclave1 stable.

6:TOP CITY and Mumtaz City stable and little rise after tender news.

7:Dha Valley drop and rise on daily bases like stock exchange but good for long term investment.

8:Gulberg is stable but in some blocks prices fall.

Regards

Agree with Nadeem on this one. These are some good options.

However, it doesn't matter where you invest or decide to build a home for yourself, first and foremost talk to the people who are actual owners. Investors and property dealers should be the last people to get any opinion from.

Good Luck with your search.

Thank you Nadeem bhai, your assessment is really insightful.

Regarding Gulberg What blocks have suffered drop in prices…?

@ Imran A Khan i think investors and dealers should be the first on list to get opinions from as they are well aware of the market and most do give genuine good opinions. An actual owner is a layman who does not know much about the market but only about the area where he resides (to some extent). They are even good at bargaining and finalizing at a cheap rate as most are not aware of the market rates.

Saadi and nadeem brother i would like to know as you mentioned DHA 2, G-13 and G-15 being good for investment so are these areas good for investment in houses or plots?

I think that areas where normal people are building their houses have not lost their value and may have even increased but where prices were pushed up due to speculation, they are now going down to their realistic values.

Arshad sir…Plots are better than houses because in house you have to pay profit to builder as which which is usually a good amount.

Saadi bhai what about G-16. I recently visited the place and saw a lot of houses constructed in sub-sector 4. Is it worth investing and is g-16 all land acquired

Sir i personally dont recommend g-16…No its land is not acquired completely.

Thx saadi brother. Please just tell your reason as to why g-16 is not worth investing?

and other than G-13, G-14/4, G-15 and DHA 2 which other areas are worth investing in islamabad though some maybe stable now but are more likely to see price appreciations in the near future

@Arshad

This is your personal opinion and I respect your right to have one.

CDA sectors preferable

Kami2k bhai i think d-12 might be the only option left in cda sectors

As far as I know possession areas of G-16 are good for investment.

Saadi, why do you advise against plots in possession areas of G-16?

I think G-16 possession area is only in its sub-sector 4 but is the whole G-16/4 in possession or partial? G-16 dealers, regarding investment in G-16 have only one thing to say that G-16 will rise like hell once the link road to motorway materializes but when will this actually happen. I think its been almost 3+ years and no development of this road yet not atleast any work started. Is it possible that after the expansion of KH motorway then the plan to make link road maybe initiated?

When is expansion of KH gonna actually materialized? I heard about KH expansion quite a while ago but so far no signs…

Arshad, you should take the advice of dealers with the pinch of salt. No doubt G-16 possession plots 1 Kanal are on the low side compared with neighbouring G-15, but G-16 society management suffers from all kinds of problems which makes this wonderful sector suffer. So if you are not in hurry and want to settle in this sector in next 3-4 years, then perhaps it is good move to buy a plot now. Otherwise, in short term, I do not see big movement in this sector.

Most of the houses built are by the investors themselves. So don't trust on dealers unless you see some families living there. And right now, there are none !