Karachi - DHA City Vs. Bahria Town

I am considering investing an amount of around Rs. 1.5 million in property in Karachi as long term investment (5-10 years time horizon).

Have been advised to consider only two projects:

1. Bahria Town, Karachi (125 sq. yrd. residential plot) - own: 1,80,000/-. Amount already paid: 3,00,000/-. Price: 17,25,000/-. Total price: 17,25,000/- + 1,80,000/- = Rs. 19,00,5000/-. Balance: payable in rs. 1,50,000/- quarterly payments

2. DHA City, Karachi (200 sq. yrds. residential plot) - own: Rs. 11,50,000/- to 29,00,000/- (depending on the location sector) amount already paid: 4,00,000/-, price: rs. 7,66,000/- total price: rs. 19,16,000/- - 36,66,000/- balance: payable in 20,000/- quarterly installments.

Kindly advice which project can possibly yield better return.

Looking forward to actionable advice.

So you are saying that you will have to pay 4,80,000 rs for bahria 125 yards. Correct?

@Paracha, current own for 125sq is 160 to 180 which includes initial booking & registration amount of around 160. So whoever saying to you that you have to pay Total price: 17,25,000/- + 1,80,000/- = rs. 19,00,5000/- is robbing you in day light.

Total plot price is 17,25,000 - 150,000 (discount) = 15,75,000.

Sohail and Wasi:

Total price of Bahria Town 125 sq yrds. Plot mentioned is the amount payable till the end of all installments. It includes the amount I would pay today.

Rs. 4,80,000/- is the amount that I have to pay today. This includes Own and the 2 installments of Rs. 1,50,000/- already paid.

The own for 125 yd Bahria Karachi is 1,35,000.

kindly check it here. Its latest......

http://bahriatowntoday.com/bahria-town-karachi-payment-schedule-125-sq-yds-residential-plot-inland-pakistani/

DHA City is much better in terms of investment

Dear Paracha,

The installments are 90k each for 125 yard plot, if there are two installments paid = 180k + token and registration = 160k to 180k so the plot file should cost you around 340-360k + the remaining installments of 90k x 14.

In my opinion what indicators showing, Bahria Karachi will be a very successful project after some time, the indicators are as follow.

the way MR started and looking so focused to the project, the speed of the development work experts mentioning, the location compare to DHA city, promise of hand over of one sector by end of this year and the prices stability so far in such a property crisis time, are all positive indicators for bahria so far.

It will be a very good investment for some one who can wait 5+ years.

Amir, why DHA city is better than BTK, while it is quite away from toll plaza. If you compare the master plan of BTK with DCK, you will find BTK alot more smart and professionally drawn that can also reflects the chances of success too. I see in the near future these two projects will be the focus of buyers and investors.

Allah knows best.

@Salman. I have visited your link . It says nothing about an own of 135K. Please explain.

Also the prices given on right side are the prices including token amount.

For more recent updates on BTK prices....

Http://property365.pk/bahria-town-karachi-latest-rates-september-10-2014/

When investing between DHA & Bahria, i think the following.

Fact 1:

As Bahria Town says "Bahria sab key liye hey",

while

DHA We know for the fact "it is only for rich"

My Opinion:

When both societies fully developed, mid income, lower mid income all will be able to afford bahria (referring to awami villas, etc.) but not DHA.

Fact 2:

Another reason, Keeping past track record of Bahria & DHA in different cities.

Bahria has over supplied, therefore prices never went up then one limit. Around (around 8k- 10K per marla)

While DHA has always short supplied, therefore price is even higher than (14K per marla)

My Opinion:

I personally believe at this time (not future) Buy in bahria if you only want to live there, if you want to make money, invest in DHA.

Fact3:

I personally is considering buying in DHA City, because 4 years ago, 1 Kanal was about 20 lac. Today it is 57 lac in red zone sector 3, else where is about 35 lac. Plus i do not have to pay all money upfront. Take an average of ROI, it is not bad.

Having said that Karachi market might tell different story for Bahria, because of unrest in karachi, People in existing DHA and high end societies will not move in to Bahria, but people in mid and mid lower will move there to have better lifestyle & security.

All above is my personal opinion. Feel free to share yours...

What do all other friends think about Mr. Arif's opions?

Do other agree? Why or why not?

Which project is better: Bahria Town, Karachi or DHA City Karachi?

Regards.

@Arif, I think this time DHA is supplying more units then Bahria, they are currently developing 11,640 Acres or land and they have already bought another 8000 Acres of land. So, I personally think limited supply is no longer case for DHA and price may not get too high when Bahria is just around the corner and developing too fast.

I conquer to what Wasi has said here. Old lone-star days are gone for DHA. Now they have to face a competition and which is known to be fierce. DHA in Lahore and Islamabad has already snubbed to Bahria. I guess people from Islamabad and Lahore can appreciate Bahria more since they have seen and experienced bahria’s superior development and quality. Whence Karachites see a full blown Bahria project they will forget DHA and herd toward Bahria. However only if DHA improves it’s quality and speed it can survive and give a competition to Bahria.

Wasi- Acquiring land does not equal supplied, it will be equal when completely developed and possession given. DHA is giving only 3 sector in 2016 (i highly suspect they will go beyond their deadline), and not all of the phases within those 3 sectors will be given possession. Each sector has about 1200 plots, means all of Karachi will have less than 3000 plots. Now compare 3000-5000 plots to demand in Karachi's population which is nothing comparatively, you will see the clear picture.

Zubair - I am a investor from Lahore. Bahria when fully develop, price never crossed $8K-10K per marla. DHA when fully developed you won't find things below $12-14K per marla.

We need to understand who is catering what audience. Bahria will entertain everyone, while DHA keep itself most sought after area, cause they know that is there value. If they will supply more then demand they will loose their charm. They have to keep their supply less than there demand in order to be valuable. Also take into account the high brand maniac & status conscious mentality in our country.

Please do share your thoughts on this...

Both the projects are good, but the choosing one as a good project is more kind of personal preferences..

To be more safe side... Invest in both...

I like the comments made by Mr. Arif. Good one.

I agree with the reputation of DHA but in case of BTK, its accessibilty from karachi, that will help it alot to appreciate its prices.. Anohther factor that is fast paced development of BTK is cuasing worries to DHA city investors too.

BTK and DHA city investors are paying their installments promptly... There is a good competetion ahead... Huh.

lets sit back and watch.. Who plays more smartly.. To ???

I agree with Mr. Arif,

both are good and save investment,in my opinion Dha city is best at this stage.

Regards

Dear All Experts, here is a query by a novice:

Are: a) the Supply and Demand, and b) Brand/reputation, the major factors need to be considered in this case, or there may be other important factors that could/should influence the investment decision very significantly? e.g.,

1. Distance from the toll plaza/Karachi.

2. Size of the plots in Bahria and DHA (for the similar amount of price) and Amount of installments.

3. Speed of development. Livability within shorter period of time.

4. Town planning, landscaping and amenities within the project.

5. History of previous projects in Karachi by the developer.

6. Ease of selling the plot.

KIndly keep in mind that the intention here is INVESTMENT, rather than living within the project.

Looking forward to more useful, insightful, analytical, research based and actionable opinions.

Best regards.

@Sohail bro the list I provided is the latest list of all instalment plan................the rate of 125 yds in market these days is 135K...............

Rest u can check in on zameen.com as well

Today rate of 5 marla file is 195k,

http://www.bahriadeals.com/bahria-town-karachi-pricing-update/

its like a stock exchange, every day going up and down, yesterday it was 210..hahahaha