Kartarpur corridor

Me and my friend were discussing investment prospects right now in the country. He seemed really keen about investment in areas near kartarpur corridor. He was saying he thinks property price will go up very soon over there due to the new developments and the tourism-related businesses located near there will become profitable. But i am not sure. What do experts on this forum think? Any advice would be helpful please help out a fellow brother thanks

For now, it just a visit/passage corridor that is also heavily guarded. It's like specific street in a community where ones inside may not go outside freely and one out not allowed to get in, as per routine affairs.

It would for sure skyrocket, if access is more open but doesn't seem to be the case in foreseeable future. But by then the big fishes, years in advance would start buying/extorting/encroaching or whatever one likes to call, the land that counts!

Though its along the border but not the usual turbulent area.

For now, its a gun too early to be jumped!

There is going to be a designated area for hotels and such and some people must know where that area is. I was asking if anybody knows so I can buy land there maybe, try my luck. Why should we let the big guns and the rich win? Why can’t we get there before them?

Sir, virtually unlimited possibilities could exist beyond the foreseeable future. It for sure will develop, however, the priority of the state is more on geo-political rather then economical, as of now and years to come. Even $20 per entrant is the start and it can continue to move towards religious tourism. Once stabilized then comes infrastructural development and consequential economic side.

So far, Govt. At max have hinted at proper railway infrastructure, road and a vague statement about 5 star hotels, nothing beyond those rosy statements, if I am not missing something obvious. Even for the 1000+ land acquired there are some issues with local villagers (adjoining areas of Shakargarh). As of now I guess even in the inner of the circles much less know how exists on what, when and where exactly as far as economic model of it.

Re Land Acquisition:

It can pay big time, but the reality remains that before being public the inner sources decades in advance share even the blueprints of potential development to guys wit big pockets. By the time common man comes to know, prime land has already been bought.

There are also tons of issues on buying open land by individuals, that has already been discussed (pros/cons) on other forums.

This is my view that its a long long shot from now to get any conclusive inference on it. Of-course other valuable members could add/correct the missing dots to keep the discussion going on an apparently interesting topic.

Yes you are right. I agree, the rich are always on the lookout to make more money while pushing the poor even further down the social ladder. They take away even the little opportunities people like you and me have. Such is the circle of life I suppose. Allah hi pooche ga inhe filhal tou kuch nahi ho sakta.

But anyway, do you think buying land around the potential railway track is a good idea? To open up a dhaba or small chaye cafe. It might grow into something bigger with time I suppose. What are your views on this?

Yes, that is if its around some station or passage stopover.

For commercial CDA, BT, DHA, etc., etc. Doesnt matter, what actually sells and matters is

Consumer's Footfall + Supply Demand

That is why kachi abadi, and possessed area (CDA/Satellite Town, etc.) despite outdated and pathetic infrastructure remains super high in demand.

As long as there is consumers' footfall and no oversupply, doesn't matter whatever spot that is, that will be super hot commercial (rental/appreciation/liquidity).

@Zain Malik

The area around kartarpur grudwara is mostly agricultural land. One side meet up with river ravi. Go towards narowal-shakarghar road (other side) you will find agricultural area.

Area in immediate vicinity belongs to auqaf department/govt land.

Currently land prices are high in this area even though it is classified as agricultural land. Buying and selling is happening to a certain degree. Due to future Prospects, land owners are reluctant to sell it.

Now about the big fish(more like sharks), Narowal has lots them who are already eyeing the most important areas (Govt. Land) near the durbar. But hopefully this area will be given to big investors in the future not local N-League goons.

There will be prospects of investment for general public in future but not anytime soon.

And I am from Narowal.

Re: Land Acquisition

These games are way too big to be played by any local goons or their immediate higher ups. The mafia carries local goons as some left over change in their back pocket. The state with it machinery and legal system supports such exploitation.

Bottom Line (unfortunate reality): The mafia will forcefully get it @ Lacs/Acre and with a dictation sell it @ Lacs/Sq.ft. or Marla to the common.

-------------------
When even the state is not fair, what else to say...

Farmers Not Compensated For Land Acquired To Build Kartarpur Corridor
https://nayadaur.tv/2019/11/farmers-not-compensated-for-land-acquired-to-build-kartarpur-corridor/

Pakistan: For a Fair Compensation to Kartarpur Border Area Farmers
http://www.europe-solidaire.org/spip.php?article48169

Pakistan: For a Fair Compensation to Kartarpur Border Area Farmers
https://www.dawn.com/news/1470750

@Imtiaz

Area around gurdwara belonged to the govt so most of the darbar construction happened in the govt land. Corridor is a different matter, it covers area of 5 km, agricultural land had be used for road infrastructure.

Now according to dawn news

" Around 600 villagers in Shakargarh tehsil of Narowal district were ordered by the district administration to vacate their houses immediately."

Do you really believe 600 villages will be ordered to evacuate. This many villages dont even come in the vicinity of kartarpur.

Situation of local goons is a little different right now. In the last 20 years, most of the state area that belonged to govt schools, colleges in Narowal city which was disputed due to patwari system, was occupied by N league mafia and converted to commercial markets. Now situation is different because of PTI provincial govt, Local mafia is not as strong as it used to be.

So hopefully, the areas around gurdwara will not taken by them.

Sir, its villagers not village for sure, on avg. May be something less than 140 to 120 houses. If the later would had been the case that would had been exaggeration by any means.

Now the Mafia comes with a rosy face of housing societies or commercial developers to let the goons do the ground stuff dirty work. Goons survive on leftovers, local land, buildings could go to the goons, area with potential overseas religious tourism will only go to Mafia.

@Imtiaz

Sorry about that, i misread the sentence.

Anyhow, whatever happens to the Land, we will have to wait and see.