Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Property Evaluation discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Property Evaluation advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Property Evaluation discussion.
Gohar
( 67 posts )

[15 Replies]
Brothers, I have read on this forum that these things are an important consideration while buying a plot but honestly I do not really know what do they mean and how can one tell if a plot is level with no depression and filling. Do you have to run soil tests in the lab or you can tell by simply visiting the plot?

1875 days ago In Property Evaluation
    Post Answer
    PAKISTANI-1
    (3020 posts)
    Depression plot is easy to spot. If it is below road level then it is easy to see. A couple of feet below street level is not a problem but if it is deeper than 3 feet them it is considered single basement depression. If even more deep then it is double basement. If deeper compared to double basement then it is a ditch not a plot (in my personal opinion). As for filling plot that cannot be seen by naked eye. You have to do a soil test! But it is not expensive. Do it just before bayana stage.
      1874 days ago 

Dk
      (814 posts)
      @PK1

very informative,

can you please judge how much[feet] deep is called double basement,

2 years back in g-15 /1 a property dealer was trying to convince me about a plot,1 kanal @80 lacks,which was ,now i can recall as more than 8-10 feet deep ,means lower than road level,

regards
        1874 days ago 

Gohar
        (67 posts)
        @PK1: Thank you for your valuable input and expert opinion. Is it a game changer if you buy a plot that is leveled but it is land filled? Does it effect the construction cost or the re-sale value, a lot? Also how common it is for buyers to run the soil tests on plots to make sure that it does not have filling?. Regards .......
          1874 days ago 

HT
          (1115 posts)
          Land filled plots are very costly wen it comes to construction. You will have to build a raft on the whole plot. Which will cost you as much as 1.5 lanter cost......
            1873 days ago 

Gohar
            (67 posts)
            @HT: So does that mean that a soil sample should be a MUST before giving a Bayana?

(Also i have heard that Bahria, DHA etc they all have land filled plots since its impossible to not have fillings in such large projects and areas).
              1873 days ago 

Anu
              (131 posts)
              What is the meaning of land filled plot ?

What is a soil test ?

How much is costs ?

Why it needs to be done ?
                1873 days ago 

Baber Rabban..
                (1628 posts)
                But isn't it so that instead of having a raft on landfilling or depression plot, one can have pillars ( concrete columns) base reached to the hard soil, connect all the concrete columns through plinth beam and than start your normal construction.

I had a depression plot and two engineers inculding map approving engineer advised the same.
                  1873 days ago 

Nasir
                  (2512 posts)
                  Yes, bahria and dha are gurus in this, mostley their plots/land is filled which is dangerous as well as not everyone can built raft plus not every society can keep an eye like who is building what...

CDA is failed, but yes, in this regard, CDA is way much better than these private societies as it is CDA's rule that it does not ever fill a plot, jaisi kaisi hai zameen wohi hai,,, they sell that very part in market.
                    1873 days ago 

Baber Rabban..
                    (1628 posts)
                    Original terrain is much better. One knows what to do.
                      1873 days ago 

Ahmad11
                      (248 posts)
                      May I ask to seniors that in Islamabad where can one do this test? I mean which lab is better and how this test can be done?

regards
                        1873 days ago 

Post Answer (15 Replies)
                        1 2 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL