Level Plot/Depression/Land Filling

Brothers, I have read on this forum that these things are an important consideration while buying a plot but honestly I do not really know what do they mean and how can one tell if a plot is level with no depression and filling. Do you have to run soil tests in the lab or you can tell by simply visiting the plot?

Depression plot is easy to spot. If it is below road level then it is easy to see. A couple of feet below street level is not a problem but if it is deeper than 3 feet them it is considered single basement depression. If even more deep then it is double basement. If deeper compared to double basement then it is a ditch not a plot (in my personal opinion). As for filling plot that cannot be seen by naked eye. You have to do a soil test! But it is not expensive. Do it just before bayana stage.

@PK1

very informative,

can you please judge how much[feet] deep is called double basement,

2 years back in g-15 /1 a property dealer was trying to convince me about a plot,1 kanal @80 lacks,which was ,now i can recall as more than 8-10 feet deep ,means lower than road level,

regards

@PK1: Thank you for your valuable input and expert opinion. Is it a game changer if you buy a plot that is leveled but it is land filled? Does it effect the construction cost or the re-sale value, a lot? Also how common it is for buyers to run the soil tests on plots to make sure that it does not have filling?. Regards …

Land filled plots are very costly wen it comes to construction. You will have to build a raft on the whole plot. Which will cost you as much as 1.5 lanter cost…

@HT: So does that mean that a soil sample should be a MUST before giving a Bayana?

(Also i have heard that Bahria, DHA etc they all have land filled plots since its impossible to not have fillings in such large projects and areas).

What is the meaning of land filled plot ?

What is a soil test ?

How much is costs ?

Why it needs to be done ?

But isn't it so that instead of having a raft on landfilling or depression plot, one can have pillars ( concrete columns) base reached to the hard soil, connect all the concrete columns through plinth beam and than start your normal construction.

I had a depression plot and two engineers inculding map approving engineer advised the same.

Yes, bahria and dha are gurus in this, mostley their plots/land is filled which is dangerous as well as not everyone can built raft plus not every society can keep an eye like who is building what...

CDA is failed, but yes, in this regard, CDA is way much better than these private societies as it is CDA's rule that it does not ever fill a plot, jaisi kaisi hai zameen wohi hai,,, they sell that very part in market.

Original terrain is much better. One knows what to do.

May I ask to seniors that in Islamabad where can one do this test? I mean which lab is better and how this test can be done?

regards

I am not an expert but still say that soil test is even done by expert architects on site. As far as I remember , its simple.

Better to check with architects if forum is unable to give proper answer.

Another thing which many people do not know. You can check your developed land on google earth. First make favourite your plot. Go to option in Google earth and click Historical Images. When dates appear, go back a few years and check original terrain.

All this is quite interesting and helpful.

But this has to be done in computer's google earth. Such options are not available in mobile and ipad google earth.

Thanks for the tip Malik!

Welcome. I almost changed decision of a plot in E-11 when I came to know through that a nullah used to pass through the plot before the development.

Few people know about this option. So it would be good if someone can share the tip with maximum forum members.

Thanks Malik sb for the useful information in fact series of information

Residential Plot Land filling issue ... Is it OK to have a plot that is LEVEL but with FILLING (Since its common in Bahria and DHA projects to fill the depressions and sell them as level plots).

... I communicated with Mr. Zulfiqar @ design source to get an expert opinion and this was his final verdict .."Its OK to have filling as long as its earth work (Debries filling is NOT OK because it will likely be a VERY DEEP PLOT".

Would appreciate comments and feedback from experts since this is one of the most important consideration while buying a plot.

I have filling plot. In soil test backside on 20f hard soil and 25f from frontside hard soil came.. Now i am confused what to do, either

I should go with basement?

Or if with basement then how deep i should dig.

Do i still need piling(btw its 10 marla plot) with basement.

I am worried if i invest money on it and then in future i dont face issues even investing big money on it.

Pls suggest