Living in Rawalpindi - Askari Society VS Bahria Town-7

Friends,

I have future plan to buy a house either in any askari society like 7/14 (or any recommended society) or otherwise in bahria town phase 7/8 (or any other recommended phase).

I think prices are almost same for a 10-12 marla constructed house in both location.

Mates who have living experience in both are requested to shed some light on goods and bads of both to make the decision easy.

Requesting expert’s advice.

In my opinion, living in smaller societies such as Askaris could be much secure than Bahria Town.

On the other hand, you have more facilities in Bahria Town compared to Askari Societies, such as roads and markets.

Bahria 7 looks better since it is more close to isb & rwp.

@Fahad, but there is not much difference in Bahria-7 and Bahria-8 from isb/rwp distance point.

Well both have advantages and disadvantages. I think Askari are more secure but house design are very typical. In bahria you can design your own house based on your own view but comparatively less security. Other factor is your office location if your office is far from bahria then its not very feasible option. Rest schooling , shops all are almost there in bahria.

Very true @AM Abbasi sb.

Lets add backup Electricity as an add-on when you consider Bahria-7 or Bahria-8; which will not be available in any Askaris. Isn't it?

@S Anwer yes very true but now the loadshedding has decreased a lot but still their is nonstop electricity in bahria.

One of the big factors of reduction in load shedding is more and more usage of solar panels.
Some people think tis is due to more and more houses shifting to UPS system. Wrong: When electricity comes back millions of UPSs start taking electrical ENERGY from the power lines and balance the overall usage of energy from WAPDA.
Now one DC AC, couple of fans, several LED bulbs & a water pump can comfortably run on solar/battery system costing around 5 lacs Rs.
In my village most of the houses roof are looking blue and that's where load shedding is reduced now. Even if govt produce more power into the feeders, the system cannot pump enough electrical pressure country needs, on the transmission limitations!
WAPDA has introduced the "Two way Electrical Meters" and we can sell energy back to govt. Those meters are good to be installed in house for good saving on bills year around.

True that sustainable path to energy is renewable one. However, it still has to go a long way in Pakistan's context (talking about individual home level). The usage is increasing However, as of now the panels still expensive for majority (as initial investment), need more optimization for better efficiency and prone to physical maintenance.

Yes, agreeingly that is the future...

One of the best reason for controlled shedding is CPEC Power and Energy Projects that have started to add power into grids and more to come. There is still power outage but mostly in main cities due to decades old infrastructure that trips with additional load, gets physically damage to get the power supply cut. Part of the problem is old infrastructure that transmits power from stations to the end users.

At national level, its still Coal-fired, Petro, Hydro and Wind

CPEC Energy: http://www.cpecinfo.com/energy-generation

CPEC-Energy Priority Projects: http://cpec.gov.pk/energy

True Imtiaz sb.
I think solar cells are not expensive for country side papulation. It does mainly for a good portion of salaried people in cities.
In village, even being a Tennent for others, a cow of farmer is selling min at 100,000, a buffalo at 300,000, an honey bottle at min 3,000 Rs. Desee Ghee same.....Chickens ...eggs..sheeps..goats..much expensive to buy.
I think solar is expanding at exponential rate and coupled with CPEC units, our beloved country will be self sufficient in energy, In Shaa Allah.

Heard there are some ares of Bahria Town which have land disputes… Can someone shed some light which ares are these?

@S Anwer, true that.

That's why I am also scared of Bahria Town at times :(

Experts are requested to enlighten us with such disputed areas in BT-7 and BT-8 Rwp please?

That was before .Now bahria town is fully inhabited. And for safer side go for possession area / Blocks where you can see houses are constructed or are under construction.

@Siddiqui sb, thanks for your reply. Can you please tell which areas of Bahria Town ph-8 have court cases; so these could be avoided?

Avoid Phase 8 extension . Block E , F1 ,G, H , I , C ,D these all block are fully possessioned and people are living .

I suggest go for block G .at present prices are lesser as compared to other blocks , construction of houses in full swing and its very close to safari valley Umar block which is fully populated . You must visit these block to decide .

Thanks Mr. Siddiqui for mentioning to avoid ph 8 extension areas.

I am actually out of Pakistan and can't visit myself. Isn't block-G too far from access point of view. I see on map that it is not directly connected with Japan Road and from main Bahria Expressway, it comes towards the end. Any idea of price ranges of one kanal in G sector?