New property tax for only seller or both?

Hi

As per the new law,
Will the buyer will also pay the tax money ? Or only seller?

How much i have to pay, ifi am buying a house of 10 million pkr?

It depends on which tax you are asking about. Capital gain advance income tax stamp duty or something else.

Please list taxes to be paid by buyer as well as seller?

And the new percentage?

Dear @asif ,Cvt,stamp duty & advance tax has to be paid by the purchaser, while the seller ll pay CGT (capital gain tax) on the amount of calculated gain.

Thanks Hisham Sb,

Could you please compute the latest CVT, Stamp duty and advance Tax for property purchased at 1 lac as an example?

I think these have no time limitation.

Yes Khan sb, these are the taxes that has to be paid by the purchaser at the time of transfer,so no time limitation. Percentage of taxes is as below:

CVT: 2%

Stamp-Duty:3%

Advance tax:2% for tax-filer & 4% for non filer.

Thanks Hisham.

Pleasure is all mine…Khan sb :slight_smile:

But one advantage for filers…Advance tax is adjustable for filers in final returns.

Hisham, so the total tax on 1 lac property will 9000 for non tax filer. Too much

The tax will be calculated based on the value provided in the market valuation table to be released by FBR, not on the actual transaction price. If you sale for less than the value in the table, FBR will not accept it. If you sell it for more than their value but only show the amount mentioned in the official table, they cannot question it. Only if you Declare a higher value can the FBR ask for an additional payment if they detect that in audit.

Kashif Sahab/Hisham Sahab

Another query for a goof like mine, please!

If I am a seller: Suppose I sell one Property with the following attributes:

Evaluated Table Price: 60 Lacs

I sold at 70 Lacs

How much ALL, I have to pay for this sale, as a seller?

Yes it is @sadi

& kami sb CVT+stamp-duty+Advance has to be paid on the DC value of the propety whether the Capital gain tax will be paid on the value provided in the market valuation table by the FBR. Market value declared by the FBR ll be 100-200% higher than then DC value.

Yes it is @kami. CvT+Stamp Duty+Advance tax ll be calculated on the DC Rate whether Capital gain tax ll be levied on the value provided by the FBR in market valuation table.

One more thing..This stamp duty is a provincial matter and is applicable in Punjab not on Islamabad properties.

Qayyum sir..I think you have to CGT only.It would be calculated using the following formula.

CGT= 0.1*(Market value price declared by FBR-Value decalred in sale deed) if sold within 1 year of purchase.

CGT= 0.075*(Market value price declared by FBR-Value decalred in sale deed) if sold within 2 year of purchase.

CGT= 0.05*(Market value price declared by FBR-Value decalred in sale deed) if sold within 3 year of purchase.

After 3 years no tax..

Can you please confirm CGT is paid on the total value or the profit above the capital invested. It must be the profit otherwise it would be difficult to afford.

Profit

My heart and mind both are unified in this intention of not to pay any tax to the Govt when I look back to the health and safety situation in country. People are dying due to lack of medical support. Load shedding has made life miserable. Billions vanish in corruption. Only elite and the ruling class grow and get fatter day by day. The middle class is shrinking.

Thanks Hisham, Kashif and Saadi, you are really being helpful to us novices Saadi, if i buy a plot in Bahria Enclave there will be no stamp duty and if i buy a plot in bahria ph 1-8 i have to pay 3% stamp duty?

Yes sir the area falling in the bounds of Pindi has the stamp duty..Secondly in Isb, cvt is applicable on the plots of 500 sqyds or more so its better ti invest in smaller lots in ICT limits.

mkhan CGT formulae is given above.