Ownership of property after giving up pakistan citizenship

If i own a property in pakistan which is on my name on my cnic and later i give up pakistan citizenship, will there be any problems? Since my cnic will no longer be valid.

Of course, i will get a pakistan origin card (poc), but that will take some time, and the number on poc is not the same as on cnic.

Can someone knowledgeable please advise? Thanks!

Imran

POC card has a reference to old NIC at the back, if citizenship is surrendered, so it should not be a problem. But then it is Pakistan, and you never know some obscure rule might jump up to bite when you least expect. Best to double check with NADRA, and authority that issues paper for property transfer.

Thanks Bilal for your answer. I agree, I will contact Nadra and see what they say. Many thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t known which country you are living in but for most countries you don’t have to give up Pakistans citizenship and you can have dual nationality of both countries and in that case instead of POC get National identity card for overseas Pakistanies(NICOP)which is lot better because with 'NICOP ’ you can keep your Pakistani nationality you can keep and renew your normal CNIC which is in Urdu to use it inside Pakistan or you can Evan use your new NICOP card which is in English to get your Pakistani passport if you want to you can open bank accounts buy property do any thing you want just like normal Pakistanies.lets say you are dual citizen of Pak/America so when ever you have to visit Pakistan you don’t need a visa at American airport show your American passport and Pakitani NICOP and they will let you fly and same is at Pakistani airport this card is valid for ten years and every member of the family should get it regardless of age so when ever a new child is born don’t forget to register the child at Pakistani embassy and get the registration of birth certificate and the NICOP.

What to make of a cow ,that's not milking anymore with consent?( just have a good mood buddy)

I think on a serious note, whats pertinent here is just your identity , and that you can prove officially via some international identification rules....

your fingerprints on property documents along with original name father family name proven in documents along with personal photograph on documents( ideally computed on documents..if you have that already ,should give you some tension free sleep

some kind of international driving licence attachment via some lawyer........

best would be ,"contact some lawyer", they are abundant outside kachehries(civil courts ,waiting for such headaches solutions.

Thanks a lot Malik Hameed and Dk for your input. I contacted Nadra on their helpline and the helpful lady on the phone told me that there is no problem as they will have record in their system of my CNIC even if my CNIC becomes invalid due to giving up of citizenship.

She said that once you get a Pakistan Origin Card, you can easily transfer the property on your POC and until that time your ownership will be maintained via CNIC. Even if CNIC is cancelled, Nadra's database will have complete history so no issue would arise.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to give up your Pakistani nationality unless you are in India or Israel.

@Alpha_k yar there are many countries which do not allow dual citizenship. I happen to be living in one such country. Nothing to do with the countries you mentioned.

Assalam alaikum,

Imran Zafar:

Thanks for the post, I am actually in same situation and wondering when you said that one can tranfser property from NIC to POC not exactly sure if it requires a complete new registry process?

appreciate for your help thanks

Atif

Thank you for the thread. Same applies for me. Can you please advice if you did actually execute as per guideline of Nadra. Did all go well? Thanks