Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Junaid

Expert Authority
1018 posts
1 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Investors Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Investors Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Investors Advice discussion.
Syed Ibrhaim
( 1436 posts )

[76 Replies]
There is a big change of prices specially in d 12 g 13 g 14 g 15 f 15 f 16 e 16/17 b 17 i 14/16 . In g 15 6 months ago 60 x 90 plot price was around 62-65 lac now it is 1 crore 10 lac plus. G 13 30 x 60 price was around 55 to 60 lac and now it is 85 plus.E 16/17 kanal price was around 18 to 21 and now its 35 plus, almost same situation every where in islamabad what can be the reasons?
Law and order situation of peshawar wazirstan queta karachi.
Artificial boom by real estate agents/investors
Ending of a corrupt government
Black money ( due to tax immunity scheme)
We should be careful now a days before purchasing in any new scheme or already high rated sectors due to peak prices

2185 days ago In Investors Advice
    Post Answer
    Talib-e-ghil..
    (248 posts)
    Ibrahim,
    I appreciate your thought full and thorough assessment of the real-estate market. We really look forward to such assessments from you mbs, pk1 and others. Inshaallah you will get the reward from allah. Please keep up the good work!
      2185 days ago 

Suleiman Kan..
      (15 posts)
      Ibrahim,

I have noticed that as well as i have been visiting this forum for a few years and the prices have absolutely sky rocketed.

Im therefore thinking of investing in some schemes where the prices are somewhat reasonable, so that they may appreciate more. Can you please share your views on :

1 - paf tarnol - is there a water shortage ? ..How's the development ??

2- pechs - is it better than paf tarnol or the other way round ?

3. Naval anchorage - how is that for investment ??

4. Army welfare trust - this was recommended as a "reasonable" option by one of the real estate agents...What are some of the factors that go against this scheme ??

Can you please share your expert opinion.

Thanks
        2185 days ago 

Prop Guide
        (6961 posts)
        Dear syed ibrahim,

Thanks for sharing this information.

I think the prices will remain stable if not increase further, i don't see any major decrease in any of those schemes listed by you.

People prefer to invest money in islamabad due to its relatively safe market.
          2184 days ago 

PAKISTANI-1
          (3019 posts)
          Dear ibrahim bhai,

Lets not forget 2 very important factors behind the recent surge in islamabad real estate prices:

(1) islamabad has the highest population growth rate in pakistan 6% per annum (as compared to 2.7% of pakistan and 5.6% of lahore); and
          (2) record depreciation of pakistani rupee against us dollar (about 8% per annum as we speak).

The high growth rate in population is fueled by births and immigration from other cities of pakistan and return of overseas pakistanis who are after completing their working life abroad prefer to retire in islamabad instead of small towns and cities like chakwal, sargodha, mandi bahauddin etc. By building their home in islamabad, they can easily educate their children in good institutions like nust, islamic university, quaid-e-azam university and find good educated match for marriage etc.

And massive rupee devaluation coupled with inflation means that the increase of property prices that we see in the market is not as big as it seems. In fact, the real value of the property has not changed so much. This is because rs 30 lakh now has the same purchasing power as rs 27 lakhs a year ago.

And another thing to see is whether there is a sudden spike in real estate prices or is it a steadily increasing graph. I thing prices of property in newer areas have increased more or less steadily but some higher growth rate in the last one and a half years is because of the karachi situation which has impacted priced mostly in 3 cities:- lahore, islamabad and multan. In lahore and islamabad, bahria town and dha have benefited from the unfortunate situation in karachi. In islamabad, jkchs, interior society, multi, g13 and g14 have also benefited. People affected by adverse operations in northern areas, drones and waziristan have moved largely to places like barakahu etc.

My conclusion is that over the next 6 months, property prices is islamabad will increase even more.
          When the national assembly sessions begin, a new bunch of politicians and their circus (of workers, supporters and opportunists) will descend upon islamabad. Many of them will set up homes in the capital - some will rent property in cda sectors like g-9, g-10, g-11, f-10 and f-11. Others may buy homes. This will push up rents and increase the guess-house business of islamabad.

But also, invariably, this kind of activity will create pressure on the prices of residential property in and around islamabad.

Frankly, i dont see the prices coming down if you consider the next 6 months as a whole.
            2184 days ago 

Prop Guide
            (6961 posts)
            I agree with the comments of pk1 regarding property situation in islamabad in the coming year and so.

Regards,
              2184 days ago 

Syed Ibrhaim
              (1436 posts)
              Dear all
              Thanks for the replies but a little change is in market almost specially in developed sectors there is a minor decrease but i personally also think that these prices will be stable for another few months inshallah. Mian sahab 100 days agenda and june budget will also impact on prices.
                2184 days ago 

Prop Guide
                (6961 posts)
                Ibrahim sb,

I think due to the two reasons mentioned above by you, the market will slow down a bit for some time.

Regards,
                  2184 days ago 

PAKISTANI-1
                  (3019 posts)
                  I agree with syed ibrahim. If they impose a high wealth tax, then prices may come down.
                    2184 days ago 

Syed Ibrhaim
                    (1436 posts)
                    And another point is that now a days sale purchase in main sectors specially price above then 70 lac is slow however small projects sale purchase is good like f 16 e 19 b 17 etc that means investors dont want to invest there whole money in a single bucket
                      2184 days ago 

Gated Commun..
                      (78 posts)
                      Another reason is the recent rise in the stock market. People booking profits in a rising market will then reinvest some of the money in an asset such as property. In addition the outlook for gold has worsened globally. Gold prices have tumbled with little reason for it to start going up again. Makes property attractive as well.

However, rising prices in sectors which are not developed completely is mostly due to speculation, while rising prices in sectors where houses are being constructed and people occupying homes, is a different case altogether.
                        2184 days ago 

Post Answer (76 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > >>

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL