Rawat Airport ...

PM Nawaz Sharif again mentioned "Rawat Airport" during his AJK trip on Dec 3, 2013 ... Link below.

What's going on here ??

http://express.com.pk/epaper/popupwindow.aspx?newsid=1102033417&issue=np_isb&date=20131204

Nothing is going on. I have already mentioned in some earlier post that Federal Secretary of CAA and many other officials are already supervising the construction work of new airport near Fatehjang. I don't know why PM is still trying to create confusion.

It is quite clear that his subordinates are already officially advertising the NBBIA which is near to completion now.

Salman enough have been written on this topic, 60 % work is completed at new airport, PM visit is soon expected there, these statements are just paid ones by few self centered journalists / investors.

Keep calm..new Islamabad airport will be functional in 2015 and property adjacent to it will flourish more in the time to come. See the progress on the airport in the below given link and cheer up. :)

Http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=196127&page=193

@ Blue doctor but why PM is still pressing on new airport at Rawat??I mean just yesterday , he cant be that naive or ignorant of the fact that 60% work is already completed at current site >> because according to the news he mentioned land has already been identified and work is in progress on Emergency basis.....

Is there any chance to utilise new airport at Motorway just for Cargo etc etc and build new at Rawat etc??

Really confusing.....CJ Supreme court also retiring so they might try something funny later....

If you remember two months ago; Punjab Government issued the notification to procure the land between Rawat GT Road and Motorway. Private sources claimed that around 100,000 Kanals are procured. I do not know what Punjab Govt wants to do with this huge piece of land either for Economic zone or Airport. There are so many villages located in this area and villagers also staged protest on the GT road to stop this development. Couple of Government MNAs went there, negotiated with villagers and then handle the situation. All these things are on record and published in different newspapers as well. In my humble view; there is no need of any economic zone or airport in this area BUT silent developments from the government side is creating the confusion.

Chief Justice is getting retirement on 11 Dec and then Nawaz Sharif and PMLN ll do whatever they have in pipeline.

He said it right Rawat airport will be good for people in Mirpur Azad Kashmir.

Well, the people who are having some interest in rawat and surroundings are on watch to listen anything from PM or from any other tom,dick and harry, and are beating the drum of rawat airport. No money in the treasure, and new airport near rawat!!! what a bhonda mazak yar. For your own sake, use your common sense,that who all are behind this fake game.

My dear friends....please consider following facts :

1. Do the Government have enough money to start altogether a new mega project of airport at Rawat?? Fact is "NO"
  2. Have the Government carried out any feasibility study of airport near Rawat?? " NO"
  3. Can the Government put the current airport in the dustbin where more than 60% work is completed? Fact is "NO"

Well as far as PM statement is concerned, its a political stunt, and to some extent "game of interest". If at all they go for wishful thinking of making an other airport, it will be completed after 15 years, even if they start now, and in any case they have to complete the under-progress NBBIA first.

Its my personal analysis basing on the common sense and ground realities..wot do u think my friends???

Lot of regards and best wishes.

Well there is a possibility of another airport in islamabad but not right now definetly they will complete this airpot and after completion govt can start another airport nobody can bound them. However this airport work is in full swing visited few days ago and work speed is too good and this new islamabad airport will be one of the beautiful airports of asia.

I hope you a right Syed Ibrahim that this airport becomes one of the best in asia. As I have been travelling quite a lot this year and I was very impressed with some of the airports I came across. Comparing them to our current Islamabad airport, which is over cramped, outdated, small, full of corrupt customs that just ruin and give the country a bad name!

We need a good airport as soon as possible, and so far from what ive seen I am happy. It depends now upon whether this project ever gets complete as with constant delays and rumours is not reassuring. But we definitely need a new airport in Islamabad as quick as possible. This fateh jang airport had huge potential to be the best out there as another tiny rawat airport would not be good enough either!

Rawat airport could be an additional terminal like in Dubai Terminal 4 is built in Jabel Ali

We are living in Pakistan not dubai. Dubai has lot of money to do what ever they like but we don’t have money even to support our currency this is a bitter fact . Any body can say anything but facts can’t change

Our current Government can’t afford to construct Dams but discussing a new airport in Rawat.

I thought only blondes 're ‘Smart’ ? Bald are included in the list too ?