Rawat Rumour Still Alive

Although new airport in Fateh Jang is almost complete I am sad to say that the Rawat Airport rumour is not dead.

This is for two main reasons:

1) there is a nuclear plant in Fateh Jang

2) Army base also in the area

Planes when they land or take off can take images of up to 70km in surrounding areas and this will pose a risk to both security and technology in the area. This is why an airport elsewhere, most likely Rawat, is still being considered.

This is new from my sources from 3 days ago.

Allah knows best.

This is really sad to know about it. Govt officials shojld have to take notice about this matter while selecting the place for airport. Why PPP govt allocated funds for it? Didnt they know about atomic plant at that time? Now so much amount and time have spent on it and such rumours at this stage are not good. I dont know why our Govt officials do such things with our beloved country.

@Irfan

Now you got the answer to your question that you posted in my thread about airport :-)

1. When Pak or any Govt decide about new airport then they get permission from security agencies and Fateh Jang airport ws planned long back .

2. Current airport is hardly 60 KM from Kahuta, so i dont accept argument of taking picture.

Nawaz Govt will do their best to move it to Rawat to feed the investors who invested in their election campaign .

Well if fateh jang airport is cancelled then no doubt that zone 2 prices will crash. Especially those built with airport as the face of their marketing campaign

@MB Ali

I agreed with the comments from Mr. Apple.

Nawaz Govt can do anything to appease its investors but it looks very difficult practically tochange the location of airport. Frankly speaking; I also heard the news that Punjab govt Iissued instruction to acquire 100, 000 kanals land near rawat area. I dont know what punjab govt wants to do with this land.

Despite of all these info; I still feel change of airport ks not good for country coz so much amount has been spent on it.

Few weeks back Nawaz Sharif was in Kashmir and they were insisting for international airport at Mirpur (as majority of people from Mirpur r in abroad).

Nawaz sharif refused them by saying we will build new airport at Rawat and it will be close to Mirpur.

Mian Mansha is key investor and now Malik Riaz also made its way inside PMLN.

Brothers; I already have all this info. Rawat airport not only benefit DHA, Malik Riaz but also chaudhry nisar because his huge land is in the surrounding of rawat. I also know what NS said during his kashmir visit.

The question is what would he say to nation why he is cbanging the location of airport from fateh jang to rawat?

Irfan, they can change it without saying a word and nothing will happen. Look how many changes, price increases, etc, nothing happened. Airport is not big on the list for most of our beloved awaam

They will say to Nation :

Sher Bano Sher

I havent visited personally but I heard work is in full swing at fateh jang airport.

During this discussion; a naughty idea came into my mind. Malik Riaz can ask the Govt to give him the land of existing airport and in return Malik Riaz will bear the whole cost of new airport at Rawat. In this way; Govt will not spend a single rupee at rawat airport and Malik Riaz will also be in benefit. Its just food for thought

Lage Raho Munna Bhai…:slight_smile:

I can't buy the theory that residential property hike depends on airport location, it's construction and completion.Normally airports are built outside of residential area due to several reasons.Property price hike has nothing to do with airport location, construction or completion.If it could be true then rawalpindi property prices should be higher than islamabad and societies near airport should be expensive than far ones but this is not reality.

There is another thread going on regarding societies near airport which updates information about develpment and property prices near to airport.I thought these investors are looking inexpensive investment opportunities as zone 1 prices are too high now.These societies prices will go up with their development standards and facilities, they will provide which common man needs to live and airport doesn't come in top priority list of common man's list instead it's irritating to live nearby airport.Prices of zone 2 will go up or down because their development standars and facilities they will provide and not beacuse of airport completion.That's my point of view, I might be wrong though.

Ok…Lets assume there will be new airport at rawat…if then somone can make educated guess about its exact location and nearby societies/surrondings to be beneifted from??

I can just smile at the innocent friends…who still are looking forward for rawat airport :slight_smile: lage raho muna bhai, sum1 well said…anyways day dreaming is a common habit of our nation, but reality never changes and fact of the matter is new Islamabad airport is near its completion and will definitely affect the prices of societies near by.

Well said,“lagay raho muna bhai” :slight_smile:

Any Source for this information ?

Well, What would you like to say on this:

Kahuta Laboratory Security if there is a airport in Rawat ?

Rawat has a lot of water, Fateh Jang is like a table top, that is the reason most of the times we see cracked roads in Rawat and not in Zone 2.

Rawat Airport is was a rumor, PM Nawaz played in the hands of Malik Riaz Sb. Of bahria town.

May be they plan to build a airport for Economic Zone is zone 5 but that too will take 20 years. We are in real need of a Internation Airport and that is Fateh Jang Airport.

Lol…Well since the rawaat airport is getting built I would like to offer my dha valley file for 100 lakhs in lilly block. Any takers…its gold mine?

Bluedoctor well said man,Lagey raho muna bhai.:slight_smile:

People think making an airport is a joke, New islamabad airport how long took already. PMLN government said so many things like they will make new airport in Rawat, Motarway from Lahore to karachi,Expressway from Hasan abdal to Mansehra,Many nuclear plants in karchi,Under ground metro in Islamabad etc etc.The country which not have funds to boost work on Kashmir high way, which is under construct last from 2xyears. How we can expect them they will make big projects in 5 years time. As blue doctor mention day dreaming is our common habbit.