Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
General Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable General Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new General Advice discussion.
Junaid
( 162 posts )

[100 Replies]
I just saw a news item appearing in daily dawn regarding award of contract to fwo for bringing basic necessities in regi model town. You can find the link below

Http://epaper.Dawn.Com/detailnews.Php?Storytext=15_12_2015_181_004

It was the only issue in lifting up the regi town and i think it will sharply increases the prices as everyone will try to buy land in regi now. On the other hand, dha is also planning to develop near to the regi area and hence it will result in further populating the whole area. What do you guys think? Any comments on the future of regi vs dha keeping in mind the above update. I will call it a very big news.

1399 days ago In General Advice
    Post Answer
    Sohail Khan
    (531 posts)
    Best Reply
    Dear All, I visited both the location during my short visit to peshawar couple of weeks back, The DHA was on opposite side of Regi Model town, almost at the end of the Regi model town, the road going towards was narrow and broken, it was all village atmosphere started as soon as the road to regi side ends and we took the other side road to DHA, lot of Kachi Abadi and fields, no ploting, no wall , no sign where it starts and where it ends, there will be miracle only if this area boost with in 3-5 years.

On the otherside the road to Regi was expanded on both sides, the Drain Nala that I saw few years back was also covered and walls were made on both sides, there was a boundry wall already, on the way and inside regi we saw gas pipe lines were laying, zone 3 & 4 were alomost ready with more then 100+ houses in zone 3 and few in zone 4, the electricity light poles, street lights and roads were there in both the zones. There was a main road between zone 3&4 on one side and 1&2 on the otherside, which as per the plan will be the main entrance to Regi and will touch the university road just opposite to Hyattabad, this road was beautiful and wide and just ready for traffic, if this road opened the plots in zones near to this road will boost more faster. Curently we saw more construction towards the entrance from Canal side road of regi.

zone 1 & 2 were looking clear with no kachi abadi but no light poles or gas pipes seen but main roads were constructed, few property dealers were showing around the plots to the customoers and on asking one of the property dealer mentioned that after Imran Khan recent visit and fast pace development the prices are going high day by day. I did not witness in fact any major development work going on in non developed zones, might be that was off day as we visited on Saturday.

In my overall observation DHA curently is not existing at all, location was not good and there were no signs of any near future development, Regi zone 3&4 were attractive, house constructions are slow but area is looking ready to live, people just waiting for each other, a mosque and utility store was there. Zone 1,2 will take time it seems, and about zone 5 we could not figure out as from where it starts.

In future this both societies can give boost to each other if development going on and the entrance remain the same which is curently the regi road, but if the center road of regi opens then the location and entrance will effect DHA very negetively.
      1280 days ago 

Shumaiyl
      (33 posts)
      Junaid sb you did not compare the both.
        1399 days ago 

Alpha_K
        (125 posts)
        I think both would have a positive impact on each other when it comes to security and safety of community. However, Regi prices are much lower compared to DHA. This would give DHA a tough time till the prices are balanced.
          1399 days ago 

Nadeem Ahmed
          (4338 posts)
          Dha is always better option for investment.

Regards
            1399 days ago 

Junaid
            (162 posts)
            Dear Shumaiyl,

I wanted the opinion of others. If you want my opinion, I believe this overall area will rise in the medium term. In short term, I think I can see more potential in Regi Town as the basic infrastructure is already in place there. Moreover, FWO is credible organization and hence I expect them to complete their part of the bargain well in time. Lastly, there is no other area available for organic growth in Peshawar and Regi is the next best thing.

DHA would have taken that place if their prices were lower and start the construction immediately. However, my sources tell me they are not planning to start development before end of 2016.

It will also take sometime for the development to bring the area in some shape.

In summary I believe Regi is more short term gain and DHA is medium term gain. However, I would love to hear the gurus give their opinion.
              1398 days ago 

Musakhan
              (108 posts)
              DHA safe investment with guaranteed payback.
                1398 days ago 

Junaid
                (162 posts)
                But regi is also owned by provincial government i.e. PDA will be managing it and till date no one has ever complained about its earlier project Hayatabad. So i think Regi is also safe. DHA has its bad experiences e.g. DHA Valley
                  1396 days ago 

Prop Guide
                  (6961 posts)
                  Both the projects will compliment each other in the long run.... Good effect of one will have positive impact on the prices in other project.

If the development goes as per the news, than RMT could be very good investment for short term. However, I do believe DHA is also not bad option for medium to long term investment.

Regards
                    1396 days ago 

Junaid
                    (162 posts)
                    Very well said Khan. Any idea how was the response for the balloting of DHA Peshawar?
                      1396 days ago 

Junaid
                      (1015 posts)
                      Junaid bhai PDA is nothing infront of DHA/NLC etc, even nowadays PDA and KP government is making army backed organisations do its work. PDA is nowadays very interested in putting huge cats eyes or speed breaker bars everywhere on the roads. PDA cant even stop the noise pollution by street hawkers and trash collectors in hayatabad or give playgrounds to children so that there is peace in the streets. Cleanliness is pathetic, hayatabad is full of dirt and garbage everywhere.
                        1396 days ago 

Post Answer (100 Replies)
                        1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > >>

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL