Regi Model Town Peshawar vs DHA Peshawar

I just saw a news item appearing in daily dawn regarding award of contract to fwo for bringing basic necessities in regi model town. You can find the link below

Http://epaper.Dawn.Com/detailnews.Php?Storytext=15_12_2015_181_004

It was the only issue in lifting up the regi town and i think it will sharply increases the prices as everyone will try to buy land in regi now. On the other hand, dha is also planning to develop near to the regi area and hence it will result in further populating the whole area. What do you guys think? Any comments on the future of regi vs dha keeping in mind the above update. I will call it a very big news.

Junaid sb you did not compare the both.

I think both would have a positive impact on each other when it comes to security and safety of community. However, Regi prices are much lower compared to DHA. This would give DHA a tough time till the prices are balanced.

Dha is always better option for investment.

Regards

Dear Shumaiyl,

I wanted the opinion of others. If you want my opinion, I believe this overall area will rise in the medium term. In short term, I think I can see more potential in Regi Town as the basic infrastructure is already in place there. Moreover, FWO is credible organization and hence I expect them to complete their part of the bargain well in time. Lastly, there is no other area available for organic growth in Peshawar and Regi is the next best thing.

DHA would have taken that place if their prices were lower and start the construction immediately. However, my sources tell me they are not planning to start development before end of 2016.

It will also take sometime for the development to bring the area in some shape.

In summary I believe Regi is more short term gain and DHA is medium term gain. However, I would love to hear the gurus give their opinion.

DHA safe investment with guaranteed payback.

But regi is also owned by provincial government i.e. PDA will be managing it and till date no one has ever complained about its earlier project Hayatabad. So i think Regi is also safe. DHA has its bad experiences e.g. DHA Valley

Both the projects will compliment each other in the long run.... Good effect of one will have positive impact on the prices in other project.

If the development goes as per the news, than RMT could be very good investment for short term. However, I do believe DHA is also not bad option for medium to long term investment.

Regards

Very well said Khan. Any idea how was the response for the balloting of DHA Peshawar?

Junaid bhai PDA is nothing infront of DHA/NLC etc, even nowadays PDA and KP government is making army backed organisations do its work. PDA is nowadays very interested in putting huge cats eyes or speed breaker bars everywhere on the roads. PDA cant even stop the noise pollution by street hawkers and trash collectors in hayatabad or give playgrounds to children so that there is peace in the streets. Cleanliness is pathetic, hayatabad is full of dirt and garbage everywhere.

Junaid saab ,don't you think , the location of DHA being more optimistic with agriculture university and professors colony in proximity, compared to somewhat tough lawless proximities of regi model town?

Besides DHA is a brand with excellent residential track records , while this regi is a dilemma from the beginning.

The peaceful cool surroundings of educational institutions will certainly make DHA Peshawar a more attractive residential place than regi model , even it can easily surpass hayatabad(the most expensive place in Peshawar), its simply my personal thinking ,as i have spent the golden years of my life in the beautiful cool environment of this educational hub of KPK.

@Junaid: I humbly disagree. I am currently living outside Pakistan but i have lived in Hayatabad myself. I think things have improved a lot in the last two years. As far as hawkers are concerned and playgrounds, yes i agree and also the safety record is not impeccable. However, things are much better now due to the improving situation in the adjoining tribal areas and operations on afghan refugees as they are the main cause of all the problems.

Cleanliness of Hayatabad has remarkably improved.

DHA is still better but if you look at DHA Valley episode, i think its a mark that will be hard to remove from the face of DHA.

Moreover, DHA is already charging premium for it. PDA gave contract to FWO because FWO guys wear military uniform to do the work and tribal people will avoid harming military people compared to weak civilian contractors.

Lastly, i consider it a wise move by PDA to use military to do the development in such a risky area. It means they want to get the job done in Regi and FWO is not their competitor.

As per my information, the response to DHA Pesh was excellent despite some early concerns about location, development time frame, cost etc... Huge number of people have deposited applications... Many of them may be short term investors... But still reasonable number of genuine buyers are there in the market.

Hope things will be good in the coming future, if the development goes at reasonable pace because no one has objection to the standard of DHA development.

I pray that security situation gets better and better in the coming days... This will have positive impact on the overall property market in Peshawar.

Regards

Dk you are right to an extent but generally that area doesn't have a good reputation. Northern bypass might change it as more settlement will be done but that might take another 10-15 years. And that beautiful educational environment is not there anymore by the way, that was long ago.

Junaid: It seems like things have improved but if you look deeply, I don't see much improvement. Yes, Afghanis have been a lot of pain for everyone but they will never go, they will kick people out of Peshawar instead.

@Mr Khan: I am glad to know that the response was good. Competition and development is always a good thing and DHA may bring the economic activity back to Peshawar in real estate. Even though I didn't apply but I am glad to know about this news.

@Junaid: I am in agreement with you on the Afghanis issue. However PTI government is doing good job and I am satisfied with them. I hope they start work on mega projects now as our people are somehow inclined toward them compared to the structural issues that PTI tried to sort out till this time of their government. I am sure if PTI is elected for another term in KPK, it will change the fortune of the province iA

What ever DHA make development inside the society, but if you have to pass from the same road is pathetic.

The difference between PDA societies and DHA will be the same as you guys see in CDA sectors vs DHA / Bahria etc in Islamabad...

Hyattabad will remain the best what ever DHA and Bahria makes in Peshawar, it is the center now with biggest schools and Hospitals in Peshawar, including new Shaukat Khanam also coming in Hyattabad. The DHA was very good for the people who could not make house in proper zone 1 of Islamabad, and same will be case in Peshawar.

Time will tell Junaid, I am not very hopeful from PTI but let's see..

Sohail Khan has some very good points.. I agree.. But in Peshawar's dynamics, all the good educated people who want peace of mind and a better environment will leave hayatabad and run towards DHA. Hayatabad is not a place for family and educated environment anymore.

Guys I visited dha peshawar today but disappointed to see that the boundary wall that they shown few weeks back in a video on fb is left same, no signs or intention of development.

Good thing I saw is house construction in regi is in full swing and a lot of constructed houses can be seen from nasir bag road. The road itself is not bad but needs improvements after which I can lift the area, as the traffic flow is quite good due to regi.

Thanks Imran for the update from the field. Anyone got any pictures of Regi town and the construction?

This competition between DHA and Regi will benefit Peshawar Real Estate market

Sohail Khan,

But how wil ur compare the price difference of DHA and Hayyatabad (early phases) ?

You need to take this into account... The roads will ultimately improve, once the some proper projects like DHA and RMT will be livable.

Regards