Rental income needed - small plaza or house

Friends,

One day all overseas pakistanis (foreign workers only) are to come back home including myself.
To meet my expenses when i come back, getting job quickly might be challenging. So, i am thinking to invest in a property which could give me best possible rental income - whether commercial or residential.

I count on your like brothers’ advise which investment is best for this purpose in rawalpindi/islamabad and in which location.
I am not interested in buying shop in bigger shopping malls, as i prefer to own the land underneath too. Moreover, i also heard in some group that property tax in islamabad has been increased; will it revert or stay?

My budget is like 1.5 to 1.6 crore and i also need to know how much could i earn monthly with this investment?

I think Zone-5 is best location wise; but only experts living in Pakistan can give best opinion.

Brother

I am an overseas Pakistani like you.
With the same concerns and purpose I collected information during July-August from zameen dot com and OLX for a budget of ~ 10 - 12 millions.

I got a 1st floor shop option in Amazon Mall on GT road near DHA phase 2. Like that there are some other options also in surroundings with shops already on rent.

For a 12 million shop monthly rent was around 70,000 with a 3 years rental contract.

For myself, I almost finalized that option but could not do as I could not go Pakistan due to COVID.

For rent annual % it’s a good option.

15 - 16 million is a decent budget for an average area shop.

For rental purpose shop is better than house. As maintaining over a period of time is easier than house.

Pre rented for a period like 3-5 years reduces the hassle for people who normally visit Pakistan once a year on average.

If you are interested house with land ownership.

Then you can get a 5-6 Marla double story house in CDA sectors I-9 and I-10. It’s plus point is that these houses are good for rental purpose being at a very good location of twin cities.

One negative point is that these are mostly old houses.

Annual or monthly % age rent will be more in shop but the land ownership will not be there in case of shop in malls.

Not to mention (Allah Forbid), unfortunate events like Ghakkar Plaza RWP and Hafeez Centre LHR. In such cases only remains is Land that's in the name of developers ...

Mini Plaza in Populated Abadis = Yes

Mini Plaza as Mini Commerical in so called hosuing project = (pretty much) No

Flat or house is a liability but a shop or commercial unit with plot ownership is an investment.
Brother, you have good funds and go ahead taking risk, if you like, in investing shops distinct from land ownership but do not put all your savings in just one shop.
But in Pakistan CEPEC is red marked with most of Europe, Uncle Sam and with our several Muslim saviours!
One floor of the hyper market already has gone under fire near DHA-2( omitting name for obvious reasons)!
Also bad news for Dubai and Oman ports.
Which means terrorist attacks, fires....Allah Forbid...high risk investment until you get ultra high premium insurance of your shop.
Alternately you can get a commercial plot in bahria phase-8 in small commercials in safari valley , as it is mostly populated, make a unit...one shop and one studeo at top and put it on rent with 10% annual increase.
If you need a brand new quality constructed unit, my brother who is a General Manager and want to make a Masjid in village, want to sell. The unit, shop and studeo, already rented with good renters.

AQ Sab,

The unit what you referred,

What’s the plot dimensions, covered area, total price and monthly rent of this unit ?

Located in which block of safari valley ?

Thanks a lot @Zubair and @Abdul Qayyum brothers.

Considering all the suggestions placed, I think going with a small commercial shop with land ownership in populated areas is the best deal.

Zubair sb
The mini plaza is located in bahria town phase-8, Usman block street 39 and covered area is about 700 Square feet.
Plot diemention is 15*20 ft with back open.
Ground shop has bath room and the studeo above has bath, hall and kitchen.
Due to Corona business dip me and my brother reduced our all properties rent, some properties down to 50%.
This unit is now rented at 18,500 but after 6 months it will be 20,500 per month with 10% annual increass.
Demand is 57 lacs which has room for negotiation.
Also now plot itself started appreciating as population is constantly increasing in Usman block.

Is the rent 18,500/month rent for both shop and studio or only studio?

Rs 20,500 for both shop and studeo. But as per market forces, you can renew the contract after a year with new amount with new renter.
My brother is keeping the same renter as He is Ma Shaa Allah well off , being a GM of Lahore Imporium Mall and been helping renters on corona bzness effects but now business is in full force and hopefully second layer subsides with The Grace Of Allah.
It is not a bad buy, sir, if you imagine RRR and ever increasing residency in phase-8. Plus you are owner of the plot.