Security situation in bahria town phase 8

I recently spoke with a friend who was on holiday living in bt p8 and i was surprised to hear about the bad security situation in bt p8. He was saying that robberies etc. Are now an almost daily occurance in this area. Is this the same for bt phases 1-6 or only relevant to bt phase 8?. What about dha 1 & dha 2? Are these locations more secure or more or less the same. Thanks for your kind replies in advance.

Khan sb
Phase-8 does not have a boundary wall and transforming into a new city.
There are examples but not every day!
Mainly robbers enter from the neighbouring or the villages INSIDE bahria town...these are the litigation locations backed up by strong currupt cartel and MR not able to get the possession although this Shaihid Malik guy ( having raw powers from MR) started having successes making deals with them and getting lands piece by piece.
Bahria 1-6 is bit better being small in size and surrounding wall.
DHA-2 and 1...theft cases exist but very low occurrences.
Resident of both BTs and DHAs must think that those days are gone when people were not even locking their houses!
One thing, I could say with confidence that in DHAs, robberies are zero but thefts are being heard but not frequent.
Mainly the maids and servants involved as per the security office record.
In DHA-2, cars were stolen being not on mechanical locks during Friday Prayer in sector B where I happen to live.

Bahria phase 8 is not secure at all. Every other day thefts occurs. I personally being the victim of such thefts. Sometimes village people came and jump into the property and took taps, motors, pipes, gas water heaters, and lawn chairs.

Robberies are much frequent as compared to past. Security guards to street ratio is high and one guard could not able to safeguard 10 or 15 streets. Sometimes security guards are also involved. I think DHA is better than Bahria in terms of security

@Abdul Qayyum sahib and @Khalid sahib thanks for updating me on this subject. @Khalid sahib sorry to hear about your loss. I can appreciate this is not a pleasent experience.

So should we avoid buying phase 8?

Perhaps BT-8 residents will eventually share-hire street chowkidars, as everywhere else in Rep/Isl outside BTs and DHAs.

Qau sb
Phase-8 is nice place to invest, rent and live.
Much better than Mihalla abadees where no sewage, no security and have been raided by Afghan brothern!
Just make a thump rule to keep valuables in bank lockers and leave only furniture for thieves. No one will come and steel furniture as maids and servants know there is no gold or big cash exists in house
In CDA sectors, exactly same situation exists and even arms robberies being heard there!
For cars, keep them on Mechanical lock even if you go for 5 minute prayer or shopping.
Thieves select the most easy target.
In BTs and DHAs, police aided robberies do not exist which is a luxury indeed.

Have been highlighting this + deteriorating services!

There is a reason people prefer far flung BTs compared to Abadis... Is that reason diminishing? May be too early to judge, however things are on a down-hill in each part of BT!! Do hope situation improves!!

@Imtiaz sahib my personal feeling is that MR has lost interest in BT Rawalpindi as the big bucks are in BT Karachi and other newer BT projects. BT Rawalpindi was a showcase project that launched the BT brand in to stratosphere and it is indeed sad to see BT Rawalpindi going down hill due to short sightedness. I think DHA are doing a better job in this regard as mentioned by Abdul Qayyum sahib above.

The things stolen from back lawns etc are nothing to be so concerned as its possible in any main communities, even in UAE townhouses we hear sometime it happened, kids bicycles in front of the Houses sometime been taken.

Such things can be controlled by adding CCTV or a dog at back side garden.

In this world of BIG-FISH-EATS-SMALL-FISH, clown Malik Riaz is in the claws of the biggest shark of the pond. So any rupee that he extorts from petty investors, would eventually land in the stomach of the shark. So it is in the benefit of smallest fishes, if clown Riaz is not actively chewing them up.

BTW, where is that 450 bn going that clown Riaz is paying as penalty for grabbing BTK lands. Does anyone know about it. And where did dam fund go? What suddenly happened to Pakistan's water crises? Is it over?

Rauf sb, IMHO, Age and Health are not helping MR and his buddy Commodore that made what BT is today over the years. The next generation lot (sons of both mentioned above) are nothing but gold diggers and incapable to the core. Yes, BTK is a priority now but BT RWP is fully developed and too massive to be ignored, hence the issues get more visible, otherwise, mismanagement and deteriorating services are evident across BTs, anywhere. Ye

Isloo: things in the name of tabdeeli have escalated from dams and water crises to a defaulting state whose official accounts and national air carriers are detained for recoveries!!

Say MashaAllah ... else Ghaddar/Agent tag is trading well these days

Wonder who to be credited at top position if grading them on the fraud scale!
Would it be Moeez of Top City?
Malik Riaz of bahria town?
The brass ganged up with other culprits of DHA valley?
The 100s of currupt to core CDA officials?
The IB currupt lot of gulberg playing games in residentia, did not claim an inch more on litigation pieces since years?
RDA playing noc/noc with most of the societies in its domain?
Is not it funny to single out anyone among all fraudsters?
Malik Riaz no less than his alike gangsters but is not it true that construction history has already saved his name in history introducing international standards in Pakistan?
Is not it true that All others have to follow his example if want to sell their societies?
Answer is not an impossible task?

Sir, the point is not counter comparison of A with B, C and whatever else, as question and topic relates to a specific situation and context.

The issue of CD, DH etc. etc. and all being class A incompetents have been raised again and again and again. Here, the ultimate questions:

why? a pretty much world class project housing community on a decline... how? situation could be improved ....

If we gonna counter compare the thug attitude of let's say CDA by bringing in BTs and whatever we are diverting from the issue into a usual no brainer discussion!!

Let us keep focus on respective threads and to be specific and leave comparisons when the situation demands ...

My point is lost in comparison. It is not that I do not give credit to clown MR for introducing high quality housing projects in Pakistan. In fact I am a great admirer of his sense of aesthetics, town planning and systems development.

It is just that he also happens to be the biggest money making machine in country and an easy target for those eyeing any big money to grab under one pretext or another.

My thesis is that BT is not down because of MR's wrongdoings or that he's getting old and frail, but there's bigger bully in town, who wants to extort his money and grab the business as well. Hope you got the point.

Bahria on decline?
Cannot understand where and how?
If you visit main office, you suffocate with rush.
Plots prices going high on a natural path. We cannot blame if one bought on bherh chall or being greedy and bought closing eyes, thinking miracles would happen.
Greenery, cleanliness and normal maintenance did not deviated much in whole phase-8.
Earth moving machinery working in extension and orchard with an impressive speed.
Now thefts being different domain for discussion as non of the societies are fully clean from thieves nor it can possibly be claimed!
Development pace is much better than gulberg, CDA and all othere in twin cities.
Why fast foods, multi gas stations, high profile hotels and eateries, community centres, schools exist and ever increasing in numbers?
We are in business in phase-8 and qualified to assess the on ground realities in phase-8.
Bahria is less expensive than muhalla abadees property, having no sewage, no nothing and here we are sitting and cursing 24/7 on a nicely developed and ever developing township which can challenge any international standard
Township.
I bought 15*20 commercials in safari valley at 62 lacs when priced were at top...now these plots are selling at max 35 lacs...shall I blame Malik Riaz?
Negative...I must blame my stupidity and lust...
There are lot of investors like me and now blaming MR which is not justified at all.

I think there is no development going on in Bahria orchard. Whole machinery is in extension.

Definitely prices in phase 8 are appreciating much, six months ago I sold two plot of mine in 60 lac rupees at no profit no loss basis but now I am getting offers around 75 lacs of these plots but now I only have regrets. Just today a dealer who is my relative told me that good plots in good blocks of phase 8 are difficult to find due to high demand, it may be due to RRR or construction package of govt but in any case its appreciating.

--> BT on a decline in Quality of Service It is now, has been for a couple of years and will continue on that end, unfortunately unless drastic measures!

In an continuously increasing population, any possession land (without litigations) will always appreciate financially regardless of whichever project, though appreciation can be slow or rapid. Having said that, new launched deals that used to sell like hotcakes and at times in black are not that glittery across BTs. Price appreciations doesn't always mean Quality of Service. Visit the head office in P-1, Safari and see for yourself the sort of short-sighted clowns running the whole BT RWP show and hell-bent on destroying it for the sake of some quick bucks!!

Counter comparison of Crook-A with Crook-B, or for that sake Crook-C doesn't lead to any thing :).

Let me reiterate, BT is still better than 95% of housing projects across PAK as far as amenities but that doesn't mean not to highlight the issues that are increasing with passing time!! One of the reasons, I laid off my asset in P-1 last year and move out ...

Faisal sb
Just little time b4 Orchard was more developed than extension but in pieces.
Now RRR is dictating the extension development pace.
Extension prices have been appreciated once again out of proportions, particularly Pricent 1 & 6 which is now been renamed.
Kashif sb
My brother co-invested initially in one Kanal plot at 1 crore & 20 lacs, sold 3 times buying/selling different plots and got profit @ 10 lacs in about 9 month time in phase-8.
Contrary to the popular belief, bahria is declining...negative sir...it is appreciating.