Visit to I-16

Hi all,

Today i have visited i-16 and it seems that cda has not put much attention to this sector since development.

There is no construction activity in the sector. Road through i-14 to 16 also not good.
There is no proper access to 1-16.

Most of the electric poles does not have cables.

Still should i invest in this sector?
Is there any other option in 2 to 3 million other than i-16?

Dear Kashif,

Can you share pix of your visit? I am karachi based and i also have the same question that you have posted above.

I hav not taken any pictures as my mobile battery was low… And rain was also started. And also i observed tht strèet boards were broken and numbers were deliberately removed so nobody could identify plot themself.

Approximately how many constructed houses did you see there? Less than 100? More than 100?

Its not much i guess 10 to 20 only

@khan saab and other senior members, plz advise as i need to take decision based on this discussion.

many thnx

@nadeem ahmad saab plz advise

Me too. Also if anyone can advise current market price of 8 Marla Plot, shall be thankful.

8 marla price is in between 32 to 45 depending on location.

Kashif sb,

I agree with the current situation as described by you regarding I-16...

The construction activity is there and it will increase with time .... Main factor is affordability and being cda sector.... So, people will do construction of homes despite being very poor infrastructure in this sector.... Due to this reason, prices are not going to come done... But I see slow and gradual increase in prices with time.... And especially, with airport getting operational the prices in good sectors/ projects of Zone-2 will further increase, which will also have trickle down effect on prices of I-16 as well... I-16 is good for long term investments...
I-16 if gets access from Kashmir Highway through H-16 side in future, will be a plus point (though long term option).
Regarding other options in Zone-2,,, you can get 5 marla plots in MC and GC with ready for possession around 3 Million....

Regards

I-16 is for cold blooded investors and had been beneficial to long term investors only.

Thnx khan saab for detail answer.

can u plz provide details on MC and GC? i am not familiar with these?

Well currently there are 40+ houses in I-16 and around 15-20 families currently residing in the sector the plus points are first the prices and then the unlike i-14 it has 40feet+ streets and double roads all around then if one wants to construct a house the cables installation is not a problem for them plus water is available underground at less than 100 feet and gas infrastructure is complete and gas supply will soon start. The only thing is the access road which may improve as it is in CDA’s agenda.And you can reach saddar and zero point 20-30mins.

Thnx for ur reply..i have given my observation.. To me it looks like abondened sector. Rest everything depends on how cda maintain this sector.

there is no other facilities for shopping grocery etc.. Dont know how people are living there

anyway i agree with khan and naved.. It may be gud for long term investment.

Kashif sir how long one can wait?It’s already been more than 2 decades since the sector is launched.No positive factors asscoaited with it i guess.

I know MC = Mumtaz City, but what is ‘GC’ ?

Saadi saab yea thts my point…do u knw any other option for 2-3 million?

CDA has been very pathatic. But this is time to invest in CDA sectors. If PTI government comes after next elections, CDA will start delivering and things will improve dramatically for all CDA sectors.

Why nobody has recommended Foreign office housing society adjacent to I 16 where development standards are better and prices are low?

Thanks

I think the actual issue is access thts why nobody recomend tht FO society.