Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Where to Buy discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Where to Buy advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Where to Buy discussion.
Ali Khan
( 22 posts )

[45 Replies]
Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of investing in property and would really appreciate some advice on where to invest in Lahore.

I have current savings of Rs. 10 million and my preference is to invest it for not more than 2 or 3 years. I have above average risk tolerance and don't mind investing in relatively riskier investments provided the return increases as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2242 days ago In Where to Buy
    Post Answer
    Ali Khan
    (22 posts)
    Moazzam, thanks for all the information provided.

Can you share your views on why you think the commercials in Sector D have depreciated and are undervalued currently?

Also would this be a long term investment?
      2218 days ago 

Ali Khan
      (22 posts)
      Moazzam how are Overseas B and Bahria Springs commercials compared with Sector D? These also fall within my budget.

Also I would like to ask whether you also deal in these plots? If yes, could you please inbox me your contact details. Cheers
        2218 days ago 

MBS
        (1157 posts)
        The best blocks are W, T and lower part of V.

Then its U, S & X.

Suggest you visit the place and see on ground location of plot before buying.

I'd not recommend an 88 lac file even over a weak location plot.

Although there's some news that some allocations could be in Parkview/Air Avenue pockets whilst most of the files are for Z block which is across barki road, opposite LSE.

Suggest with this capital, you should go for a plot.
          2217 days ago 

PAKISTANI-1
          (3020 posts)
          Bilal you are citing DHA Phase 5 as a reference for DHA Phase 8. How close to Phase 5 prices in percentage terms can Phase 8 prices reach after possession?

Why in your opinion is Phase 5 (instead of phases 6 and 7) a good reference point for Phase 8?
            2217 days ago 

MBS
            (1157 posts)
            Hi Pk1, here's the phase wise price range:

DHA Lahore Phase 5 220 To 260 Lacs (approx)

DHA Lahore Phase 6 115 To 195 Lacs (approx)

DHA Lahore Phase 8 90 To 165 Lacs (approx)

Phase 5 as ref. Coz you'd always reference from towards the city not away from it.

Phase 8 prices already equating to 6's now (prior to possession). So upon possession, they must be higher which is supported by the better location, better town planning, and access points of 8. Even if you take the average of the two (5 & 6 prices), ph 8 prices should be higher than 6s.

So phase 5 is a more appropriate reference. However, phase 8 can't beat the populated phase 5 prices any time soon.
              2217 days ago 

MBS
              (1157 posts)
              And even the conservative estimate of 30% increase on the top price of 165 lacs in phase 8 will take it to the minimum of phase 5 prices, i.e 215 lacs.

Though i reckon it could easily go beyond that.
                2217 days ago 

PAKISTANI-1
                (3020 posts)
                Ok thanks. Sounds like Good logic.
                  2217 days ago 

Irfan
                  (1106 posts)
                  Interesting points raised by MBS.

I think one more factor is involved in price rise i.e market momentum

We cant be sure that Phase-8 prices would rise 30% upon possession.

Phase-7 (5-blocks) possession is announced by DHA few months ago but plot prices didnt increased which everybody was anticipated upon possession. I think biggest reason for this is "market momentum or dull market". Whenever activity starts in real estate in near future, price of Phase-7 possession/non-possession plots along with Phase 6 & 8 would start rising.
                    2217 days ago 

Shoaib Manso..
                    (328 posts)
                    Dear Folks,

What do you think, an average plot in phase-8 would cost currently?? I mean not too ideal kind of location... And not too bad like a boundary wall stuff...

I ll visit pakistan by next month.... I have a budget of around 8.5M... What would be an appropriate choice in that case ?

Thanks
                      2217 days ago 

Ali Khan
                      (22 posts)
                      Shoaib, majority of the Phase 8 plots are now priced over Rs 10 million and those that are not are located close to graveyard, grid station, boundary etc.

You might still be able to get a better location in Block S.
                        2217 days ago 

Post Answer (45 Replies)
                        < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL