Why there is no way to report a property ad?

After seeing an ad at olx i once went to buy an iphone and the guy tried to sell me a replica iphone i reported that ad, the admin sent me an email asking for more details and within 12 hours i saw that all ads related to that user went offline. But here at zameen i don’t see any such option its been a month i am looking for a property in lahore and one out of every three ads which i selected were either fake or sold. It is so disappointing that management at zameen has no concern regarding the safety of buyers and their hard earned money.

1 Like

Dear Noman Ali,

I don't think any good or reasonable property at Zameen or OLX both are good to understand market value.always believe ground reality and search yourself in local market.

Who give ad at both websites?Most Dealers.one plot and 100 dealers if you call to any dealer and ask plot number and demand at same time call to second dealer he will tell you same plot number both will claim that owner is with us.

If you like any property if it reasonable then first ask to dealer please send me allotment letter or statement if he have both things means he have owner.

Really i didn't purchase any property by any website but i always check ad to know market value and again i say good valuable property you can't find in ad.

Admin should care this complain.

Regards

I am looking for a residential house and just saved myself from a Token money scam the dealer was a criminal and I am sure house owner was fake, it was a horrible experience. And yes you are right its really a bad idea to trust these ads because some of them with attractive prices are actually honey traps set by criminals.

Btw do you have any tips what should I check before handling over Token money? and how much is good enough for a 5 marla house?

Noman, first you should find a reliable dealer, someone who has a permanent office and not a walking salesman.

Second, you should check some basic papers and make sure you will be dealing with the owner and not some intermediary.

Third, get a receipt of payment from the dealer on their letterhead.

Fourth, never rush to a decision. A fraud person would create panic, "O ji, bara acha plot hey aur qeemat bohat kam hey, jaldi karain warna nikal jaye ga."

Yes, you are right, Zameen should enforce some measures to exclude fake and repeated listing. But they care less, because end of the day, it is a marketing company and property listing and discussion forum are the ways to attract traffic to generate leads.

Many social media platforms to the scale of FB, Twitter thrive on ads driven revenue (fuelled by likes/shares) and fake stuff has more masala for likes/shares so it suits their agenda and revenue model!

Zameen is no exception. So far so, they charge people to put paid adds and after getting payments, their agents sometimes call the Lister that they will help sell the plots if they are paid some commission!!

@Isloo1

Thanks for the tips. The guy had an office but he was kind of a professional "Badmash" he pushed me hard for Token money right after showing me a property which was listed 20% less than the actual price I had only 10K in pocket he said it is good enough lets meet with owner, when I met with owner he pushed me for 1/3 money as Token, papers were apparently looking OK but there was something weird in their body language therefore I decided to not buy it and when I tried to get out of there the dealer started to bully me by accusing me of wasting his time, his tone was so threatening, I almost had to beg him to let me go and bring me more money (I just wanted to get out of there) but he wanted me to at least give him whatever money I have in pocket Oh my God it was a horrible experience.

Every platform you listed has a reporting system and they actively take action against reporting even the Pakistani sites like OLX but at Zameen it is an open play ground for fakers

So, clearly you had been looted. Expose that badmash, share his full credentials and office name/address here so that others are aware too. Lodge a written complain with local property dealers' association. Always take precautions when dealing with such "nosarbaz".

Everyone should be aware that such nosarbaz exist every where. Sometimes they put vacancy ads on job portals and then invite candidates to remote places for interviews and then either kidnap or extort money.

Never fall prey to fancy stories. Always check credentials before you deal. Hameesha atta patta kar key deal krain. Blind dealing risky hoti hey.

Very good advices from the learned members. I have posted my friend example who has been victim of fraud right in bahria town. It will not hurt me to post again:
Let us suppose my friend name is "x".
Mr x is a prominent bzness man here in Qatar and runs a multi million industrial project.
Bought a plot from, a nice looking dealer, in bahria phase-8. Paid money and came after confirming from bahria office that confirmed ownership document could be collected later from bahria office.
Bad luck to my friend, the dealer name was exactly the same as of Mr. X.
After Mr. X left Pakistan, Dealer approached bahria office in phase-8 and reported that " his father name was written wrongly" on the very plot, name was corrected in bahria office. Dealer got the ownership and my friend lost his plot.
I am telling him to file a law proceeding against the fraudulent dealer but He says, he cannot leave his bzness and proceed to Pak to file the case. He has added a loss to his account.
Pls bear in mind this unique way of fruad,too and it happened right inside bahria town. Mr X can afford that loss as it is a peanut to him but for us, it may be a disaster!
This all looks impossible as bahria takes IDs, photos and so much more but it happened to my friend and he is reluctant to tell me the specifics as it hurts him but it did happen!
How exactly, I myself stand stunned to know!

Strange to know AQ sb & thoughts go for the brother who seems to be the victim!

Just wondering BT, in today's age and time not into Biometrics and stuff?? Well, yes it's PAK and anything and everything actually happens!

On a similar note: "Bought a plot from, a nice looking dealer"

Sir this entire qoum actually bought Naya Pak from an apparently nice looking (political) dealer and end result is way worse actually ...

Sir, we do not need niya Pakistan amid currupt Judges, police, politicians, corrupt retired brass, govt currupt baboos, I must say the man at helm as if he cannot control/pick/punish the currupt ones under him, he is more dangerous then the actually currupt flock!
We want old Pakistan but who will give us?
Election process? No hope!
Privileged class has come out in open telling us "whatever you do, our kids will prosper on you cost. You will nourish our generations and you have no choice ".
It seems we have accepted this by bringing them at power again n again!
Allah Pak koee gudrhi sey lal Nikale warna andhera hi andhera hay.
یہ منحوس شعبدہ باز کیسے بسم اللہ پڑھ کر اپنے کرپٹ لیڈروں کے گناہوں کو نیکیاں ثابت کرتے ہیں۔ ان کے بکواسوںسے سنڈاس جیسے بو اور گھن آتی ہے۔ یہ شیروانیوں کے اندر بھیڑیے ہیں!

Sir under current circumstances, any sane soul would love to get that PAK where

USD was under 110 & GDP above 5.2+ with increment each year in 5 consecutive years. Even ignoring the perto, inflation, power tariffs, sugar, wheat etc. etc. of now ...

Bahria itself is the biggest nosarbaz (fraud). But like every looter, they have their principles too. A fool-proof plot transfer system is one of their pioneering effort that everyone else has followed. Live photos, signatures, thumb impressions, CNIC nos, address, there are so many checks and balances that stealing a plot by simply changing father's name is impossible. Yes, someone can collect your transfer letter by fabricating an authority letter, but changing the title rights of a plot, sorry I can't buy it.

Isloo1

That was years before and it did happen with my close buddy. I asked him several time to tell me how exactly it happened so that I could share here as " Sadqa e Jaria", to tell all to avoid the similar happening recurrence.

But I am not successful. He is not a " nobody in my district", lot of people know his name. May be it was just a certificate, he trusted to keep with that fraudster dealer who was an expat, it came out later!

I think all fault is with my friend trusting that fraudia.

Yes, you are right, property transfer in BT and DHA is covering all safety aspects now a days.

It's shocking to know such things could happen regardless of time frame... Especially land transfer in BT. Not knowing specifics of case that AQ sb shared...

However,

I am a first hand witness myself, where apartments transfer on BT transfer letter/possession certificate have gross miscalculations and actually less size in sq. ft. on ground measurement (even including circulation passage dedicated parking etc.) than size written on transfer letter and possession certificate. There is a day light discrepancy in size on documents & actual on site measurements! This happens to date on official documents!

One Residential Project Owner Used Space reserved for Car Parking of project to construct his own multi Marla Villa at prime spot and BT was all unaware/silent since 2015 to 2020 until recently they asked to demolish and reserve for car parking.

It doesn't happen on Daily basis but behind those corporate buildings and glass constructed fancy offices there is a full incompetent/complicit/fraudster lot that will sell their soul each time for the right bucks on table!

The lot that can encroach on widow's land and default on orphans' money to launch new projects across country can do anything, given an opportunity!!

@Isloo1

No I wasn't looted but definitely trapped, I am very busy person and don't have time or any interest in going after that criminal through any dealer association.

I saved myself from a bad event and that is good enough I would not like to publicly share his details because that guys knows my house address and I don't want to get into any more trouble but the guy deals in Allama Iqbal town, Lahore that's what I can share for the moment.

However I must say if reporting is not in favor of Zameen then they can at least allow some discussion or comment area below every property ad so that people can share their views specific to that property or agent.

Above suggestion by Mr Noman Ali should be considered by Zameen.com admin. Property ads might not be feasible but Dealer/Agency reviews are a good idea. Although generaly speaking online reviews can also potentialy be manipulated too(positive or negative) but atleast those people who have a genuine good or bad experience with some agent could leave comments that might help other potential users with their choice.

3rd class platform for buying property 99% of ads are bluff and the prices are not real. They try their best to loot overseas pakistanis.