Irfan

Expert Authority
1112 posts
8 best
Real Estate

Expert Authority
1052 posts
3 best
Become an expert on the forum, check Forum Ranks.
Investors Advice discussions and advice. Participate in ongoing dicussions and get invaluable Investors Advice advice from people who are experts in their industries or start a new Investors Advice discussion.
Ali Nouman
( 24 posts )

[20 Replies]
Economic situation not great. Alot of debts and imf. I think pakistani real estate will collapse very hard in next few years. PTI introducing alot of restrictions, taxes and regulations and its an economic studied fact if we introduce too much regulations then investor loses confidence.

214 days ago In Investors Advice
    Post Answer
    Ilyas
    (343 posts)
    @ Ali Nouman sahib,

A Kafir Uncle Ji, Steve Bolton says,

The only bad time to buy property is LATER.....
      214 days ago 

IB
      (270 posts)
      @Ilyas: Great Sir.
        213 days ago 

MUBASHIR
        (129 posts)
        @ Ilyas . Very well said .Come what may Property is and will be the best and safest investment option. And ideal for Overseas Pakistanis as it does not require physical presence .

The only caution required and check is needed in selecting the portfolio of the builder and developer.
          213 days ago 

Ali Nouman
          (24 posts)
          Thanks guys for it! Your answers are helpful
            212 days ago 

Isloo1
            (562 posts)
            Pakistani property market has been stagnant for past 3-4 years, owing to revised taxes and restriction on sale/purchase by non-tax-filers. The recent massive devaluation of Pak Rupees has further stopped foreign inflows in property market.

Before that, this was the easiest market to make money even for the casual investors resulting into over-inflated prices. Now it is settling down to its actual levels. Only genuine property which is used for house building is undergoing gradual price increase. This is natural and organic as opposed to overly-hyped speculative growth as earlier.

In short, I think in next 2-3 years, the property market will take more corrective course and will be established on more robust footing based on genuine demand-supply principles.

So my advise would be to go for solid projects with 10-15% price growth per annum.
              212 days ago 

Imtiaz
              (1241 posts)
              Right, but the million dollar question to be answerd that in such a context when market is slow and uncertain, how to identify projects that can yield 10% - 15% per annum...?
                212 days ago 

Muhammad Soh..
                (46 posts)
                I will go with the @isloo1. All the things happening right now are painful and the business has got a lot hit. But the positivity i see is that there are hundreds of dealers in the market. Once the market will squeeze only the professionals will be here to entertain customers. Plus all the regulations will always favour the buyer.

The more the clarity the more the buyers will be safe.
                  211 days ago 

Imtiaz
                  (1241 posts)
                  Unless regulated problmes will keep evolving... No matter how Geniune demand and supply can be. For the time being govt. See real estate as some sort of money minting machine. Unless serious efforts have been made the true potential will keep hitting deadlocks whenever the Rosy times gets harder
                    211 days ago 

Ali Nouman
                    (24 posts)
                    @Isloo Thanks, I will surely agree with you.
                      211 days ago 

Rauf Khan
                      (55 posts)
                      I think it will take more then 2-3 years to stabilise the economy and once the economy is under control property prices should rise significantly. Pakistan has a massive population increasing by the minute and they are not making any more land!.
                        210 days ago 

Post Answer (20 Replies)
                        1 2 >

Username:
                        Password:
                        Email Basket (0)
                        SEND EMAIL   REMOVE ALL