10 marla corner or 14 marla non corner plot?

Slams
Please give your expert opinion. If a 10 marla corner will be better than 14 marla non corner to give you more space to play with and give the house some spacious feeling ?

14 marla

For your own house 14 marla

if u planning to rent then ten marla corner for extra access from the side

Thanks guys

I might opt for 10 Marla and make the basement to get that extra covered area. 40x80 max covered area is 2400 sq ft per floor and 35x70 has 1820. Diffrence can be covered in basement. Corner always has open look while 40x80 would still have close look.

For kids playing factor, one can make roof top a clear making with 4 feet walls for security. Clear making means having no pipes, small mumty with attached water tank.

B R Malik sahab

thanks for valuable advice.

What do you think if someone wants to build some extra stuff like a small laundry room, study and servant quarters?. Dont you think 14 marl will offer more space. Agree that corner plot has a more open look , but the usable space will still be more in 14 marla ?. Please also comment, if we use the basement to get some extra covered area, then it means building a larger basement ?. Will that not push the construction cost up?.

I like the idea of a clear roof, maybe a rooftop garden with artificial grass etc.

Thanks

14 Marla would surely have spacious look. Laundry is usually at the back setback which is enough in both 35x70 and 40x80.

Both has pros and cons. In 14 Marla, adjacent homes still hinders the view.

On the other hand, one floor living is ideal. Stairs in Pakistan are not as comfortable as in UK or elsewhere because roofs are higher in Pak. One cannot have low roofs here due to summer. More roof height, more will be steps.

By the way, I have some maps of 40x80 and corner 35x70. If you want, I can email you. 35x70 one is of my friend.

Please email the maps thanks

Email?

If you are going for cda sector then definitely a 14 marla is the best option.

Emailed.

By the way, even if you do not plan to make basement in any size, it would be better to make small basement of two servant quarters with bathroom in ground floor to save cost of basement sewerage expense. Ideally servant rooms should have access from front in car porch.

Servant at Mumty is not at all a good idea. It compromises a lot of privacy which results in limited movement of family and little area is fully utilised.

Br malik sb…Sir can you plz mail me the maps of 40x80 at saadzafar92@outlook.com…Will be greatful.

Done.

So nice of you sir.

Please also email me maps ammar.khan8423@gmail.com

B.R Malik Sir can you please share those maps on some public hosting like, google drive or dropbox so any one can download those files, it will be a great contribution from you. Or just email those files in pdf to me and I ll host those. Thanks and Jazak Allah.

My email address is nice(dot)isb(at)gmail(dot)com

Dear friends on this forum,

May i request you for a favor: I'm looking for maps of my 40x80 plot and would highly appreciate your help if you could please share maps (Duplex house) designed by some professional architects or designs. I know i will have to come up with one according to the plot and my family requirements however the one you will share will help in some ways to give me some ideas. The plot is in B-17.

Grateful for any help in this regard.