Good Steel

Where to get good steel from in Islamabad city and not outside DHA. Many say not to get from small vendors so where are the main dealers?

AOA.

For a lay man get it from ittehad steel in i-9 Islamabad

417 Service Rd E Islamabad (051) 111 500 300

Bro main dealers will definitely be in Islamabad’s main construction market. Small vendors might present you with a slightly higher price but that will be compensated with the transportation money needed in order to purchase from the main dealers.

@AHSEEN KHAN

the main dealers charge more than the small dealers.there is a difference of atleast 7 to 10 thousand Rs. Per ton.

Do its best to get it from G11 market if your constructing near to that side. Sorry for asking but I am new at this game as u can tell!

AOA.

Well if your getting from locals than do shop around its not easy to find the rite ppl which dont exits. Simple rule: .5 inch steel would have 80 to 81 lenghts and teseri ka seriya should have 135 to 138 lenghts...... If they are less than either he has a faulty measuring equipment or he is selling you over weight steel...

Lighter steel is more expensive compared to heavier steel.. Lets say if you buy .5 inch steel which weighs 13 or 14 kg(each lenght) than your quantity of lenghts will go down. And the dealer will make more profit.So most of the smaller companies make heavier steel because than they will have to make less lenghts in one ton and labour cost is saved.

The quantity of steel lenghts i have mentioned are the perfect weight. So where you getting it from ask them the weight of a single lenght and than do the multiplication according to one ton...

Thanks bro, any particular brand to look out for or the most popular?

I’ve sent you my contact details you can contact me through that.

H–T bhai…is heavier steel better quality (stronger) as compared to lighter steel? yes or no?

@pk, 5 inch steel average weight is 12.3 kg to 12.5 per length anything above that is over cooking it.

Yes the heavier steel is better as to strengthen but there is no need for that. It will not make much difference..

Where can I get the best price for steel if I wanted to buy direct from factory or buy all my steel at one?

How is MIZ steel? Grade 40