What is Coronavirus?

What is Coronavirus?

So, by now, all of you have heard about ‘The Coronavirus’ as it is presently known. Since nobody talked about it, I thought I will make an informative post about it. The Coronavirus or COVID-19 is a virus that belongs to the Coronavirus family. The scientific name of the virus is ‘SARS-CoV-2’.

The novel Coronavirus started spreading among people in Wuhan, China and was transmitted from animals into humans towards the end of 2019. At first, the Chinese government tried to suppress it but what would you expect? They are not a democracy.

The COVID-19 virus has shown a higher mortality rate in comparison to other virus-induced illnesses, which is why it has thrown the whole world into a panic. If you do not know that, log in to Facebook and witness the doomsday prophecies and absurd myths flaunted everywhere by common people.

Besides, the Coronavirus is highly contagious and its capacity to spread is higher – which is why countries throughout the world are trying to contain it and limit its damage by implementing lockdowns. Pakistan has also started implementing partial lockdowns.

There is also a misconception that it affects old people only. No, believe me. That’s a myth. People of all ages are susceptible to contract the COVID-19 virus and manifest symptoms; however, it has shown severe to critical symptoms mostly in the elder groups.

What are the COVID-19 symptoms?

Now let’s talk about the symptoms. There Coronavirus manifests both mild and severe/critical symptoms. The mild symptoms of the COVID-19 virus include fever, dry cough, and a general feeling of exhaustion. In certain severe/critical cases, the novel Coronavirus can cause body pains, shortness of breath, runny nose, and sore throat. In some cases, patients have also suffered from nausea and diarrhoea.

What are the COVID-19 precautions?

The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends that you should wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds. You should also avoid touching your face – especially the mouth and nose area as the COVID-19 virus can stay alive on surfaces up to 72 hours.

Besides, you should maintain distance from other people and sneeze/cough into your elbow I public places because the Coronavirus can move in droplets and infect others around you. Please, do not go out and keep your family indoors because they can carry the virus back inside your home.

In Pakistan with due respect Qismat ki Devi for opportunists.