Detection Of Encroachments

I think it's good move to stop encroachment in the city. please see the link below:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=20131214story_14-12-2013_pg11_5

or

http://www.thenews.com.pk/todays-news-6-220005-satellite-imaging-of-islamabad-to-help-

The interesting part is past encroachments of last 5 years are also detectable. "By using the overlay imaging technique the authority would be able to identify encroachments made in the last five years."

I do not know how to detect previous encroachments. However, if they so what sector is likely to be found more encroached? Forum experts may please share their views on the pros and cons of this move.

Excellent idea but only problem I have is that why are they only going back 5 years and not to year 2000. 90 % of encroachments are older than 5 years so it would do little to help.

@Arshad: I think this would be due to the availability of only last 5 years data may be.

Maybe Suparco has only 5 years data but older data is available elsewhere, as you can see older images on even google earth.

To detect encroachment, they will compare current images with past images and then see what new houses or buildings have been built illegally, for example in new sectors like G14 sector or E12 sector where they are trying to acquire more land. . They will also mark their own land and monitor it regularly to know if it is being encroached. It will remain a lot of the human element and corrupt officers in the process and it should be more difficult to encroach state land in Islamabad.

Thanx Arshad for your opinion. I do not know how much construction has been done during the last five years time. However, if govt goes back to may be 10-20 years then almost no one get any thing for their construction. If images are available for more than 5 years time, then setting five years time would mean people who have done construction may get some financial benefit. In other words, its just a little support to people who are still occupying CDA’s undeveloped sectors like g-12,14, e-12, f-16 etc?

Not a good system as it will endorse some areas as legal, knowingly or unknowingly, flop scheme, they have the authority, then can check door to door for enchroachments, nothing is done without their interest.