Inheritance While My Parents Are Alive

Aoa,

My parents are still alive while I got real estate in my name. I purchased this property with my own money that I earned on my own. On the other hand, I got a wife and a daughter. ALLAH forbid it happens but if I pass away, who gets my property? My mother, father, or wife and daughter?

Another part of it... If I transfer this property to my wife whose parents are also alive, who gets her inheritance after her?

Your answers are much appreciated.

Thank you!

What ever is in your name will be transferred to you wife and children. And in case of Wife, every thing whing will be transferred to your and your children name…

Why are you so superstitious?? Do it as you want now and don't wait for the uncertainty and it will be happened only when God wants....

Regards

DSA there is nothing wrong with asking this question. In fact our Prophet Muhammad (RasoolAllah SalAllahu Alaihi Waalihi Wasallam) encouraged the learning and spreading of the knowledge of Inheritance in Islam. So please do not criticize the person who is asking this question.

Asad, the short answer to your question is as follows:-

• Your Mother with get 1/6

• Your Father will get 1/6

In total your parents will inherit 1/3.

• Your wife with get 1/8

• Your daughter will get 1/2 if she is the only child.

If there is still something remaining, that will also go to your father (in addition to his original 1/6).

@pk1.

is this applicable if you have a Son or more than one child ?

Very informative....

Yes Shoaib parents of the deceased will still get 1/6 each even if there are sons and daughters.

But if a male child exists, then father will not get the additional residue (i.e. The remainder after distribution of all other shares).

PK1... Where I criticize but suggested to do what he actually want to do and dont think of future things as everything will happen by the God will....

Why here some1 can react -ve so quickly?

DSA…If he distributes his property now and his wife passes away Khuda na Khwasta, then there will be other heirs in her property too, and he will get only 1/4 of his wife’s property.

This is I suggested if he is countious and doubtful do it now as he desired nothing else....

You quickly act -ve on my comment that I discourged him...

Stay Blessed

I got the impression of criticism because you told him ‘why are you so superstitious’… Any way Im sorry.

DSA / PK1. I’m actually overwhelmed. I have no idea what to do. Should I retain everything in my name and write a will for my wife and children? I want my real estate to be passed on to my wife and child.

Asad,

Firstly, even if you write a will, it can apply only to 1/3 of your assets. Plus you cannot give by will to persons who are already your heirs.

Secondly, please realize the fact that Allah knows what is best for you and your family, and He knows it better than you do. If Allah has decided that your assets should be divided in a particular way, then have the trust and confidence that this is the best way for all of you.

Thirdly, although what Allah has decided is best for you, you are free in Islam to gift property to your wife or daughter.

Under Pakistani law you can gift your property to your daughter but it will be held by a trust (which you will have to create through a trust deed with the help of a lawyer) until your daughter come to an age when she can independently own property. But also bear in mind that these assets can also be misused by the family of your daughter's future husband.

Just try to understand that when you leave your matters to Allah Subhaana wa Taala He then takes the responsibility for looking after your assets and your loved ones.

Do take ordinary precautions and leave the rest to Allah. (Tie your camel with a rope, and then leave security of the camel to Allah).

Pk1 honestly i dont think any one could have advised better..... And asad bhai in my personal opinion this last msg by PK1 is definately the best answer..

We are loosing our faith in ALLAH by thinking that if we dont do it than no one will but we forget that we did not had nothing when when we came in this world and all is given and taken by ALLAH'S will

@Pk1:It looks like you are well aware of inheritance laws. Can you please explain inheritance laws in detail with examples. By laws, I mean Pakistani and Islamic inheritance laws. I do not know whether or not Pakistani inheritance law is different or same to the Islamic inheritance law. I understand explaining the inheritance law requires a significant amount of time. However, if you can spare some time for this purpose, you may please share this law with us. This is a valuable information.

Dear Asad,

I read all the questions and ans and mine small request to us is please have a firm beleave in God...As what God has told in quran about inharantance is complete and dont worry of now and than, as u dont know who is going to die first or how many more children you will have..so all will get the right inherantance...

On the other hand if u know kay u r ill in some kind of desease and u fear kay what will be the future of your childrend and wife than ofcourse u can make a will.

Best regards and may God help u.

It is simple, if it is not inherited, you have proof, it will go to your wife and children, and inherited property from parents will be equally distributed among your siblings.

Prepare a will and nominate whoever you want to.

Best Conclusion..... Belive in God and just carry on with normal life and keep all in your name and Rest God know better it should go to your wife and daughter or not so they will get what in their luck....

If you ever heared Hazrat Musa and Hazrat Zikriya when they were travelling together and they rebuilt the wall which was near to fall you will get all what you want....

You just forget all and see what God will do.... But the knowlege one should must have and all ratios given in Quran in detail or you should go to a local but authentic Maulana....This was my first message in this thread....

Stay Blessed you all

Dear better transfer the property to your daughter’s name with wife as guardian afterwards .

Yes dear do the best you think is the best. The best is to keep it on your name and see If there is a clause in your property developer to have the nominee after you. If it is there then kindly write the name of the person whom you want to transfer the property after your life.