Living Near Airport

I have seen in many parts of the world that airport is built away from city/dense populated area and there are even laws in few countries no population near airport whereas here on this forum I can see most discussed topic nowadays are societies near to New Islamabad Airport.

Why would one make his life miserable by living near to airport ... Aircraft sound every other second, and many other hazards.

According to recent studies living near airport can cause heart diseases as well please refer to the link below for study about hazards living near to airport.

http://www.bu.edu/today/2013/living-near-an-airport-could-be-bad-for-your-heart/

This is just one link you can find many studies in connection to this topic on Google.

??

I agree with the above mostly ppl dont buy near airports…too much noise pollution

Exactly.

And why would prices go up due to the airport? Residents don't need to catch a plane every day...

It should be the other way round due to the noise!

Please no airport in Rawat.

Agreed 100% very good post

Very good discussion. I have been facing aviation noise pollution since 2001 when my family moved here in Rawalpindi. Spend 5-6 years bearing army aviation helicopters and training planes in Adiala. Then moved to Islamabad area near Koral. My town is exactly located under the runway (landing) approach :(

Thanks God I've not got any heart disease most probably because I'm young and the other reason is I do physical activities like hiking, mountain biking and walk a lot!

Now I as my family has decided to build a home, I'm trying to find a land away from these flying machines :@

Talking about the benefit that a person can catch a flight fast is true only for following persons:

1) Flight officers

2) Flight attendents

3) All flight crew and ground crew including ASF and Customs

4) Frequent flyers like businessmen and ambassadors

Otherwise, unlike West and some developing Eastern nations, aircrafts are not the primary source of commuting inside the country in Pakistan. Road and railway commute many times more passengers than the passenger planes do!

Kiani bhai even for frequent flyers/ambassador airline would never drop them on their way before landing (kohistan buses) or one can't even pull a chain to stop aircraft on its way to drop them.(trains), same is the other way around while catching flight.

Living near to airport, aircraft voices would catch your ears even if you are an ambassador

@KIANI and aziz …Well said