Property advice

I have property in pakistan
Uk resident,
My brother is controlling, while my mother and father built for me,
Now deceased.
I want property in my name, no one is declaring where deeds are, brother controlling for last 10 years.
Same tenant for 12 yrs, property about 27 yrs ago built.
I am coming to pakistan, where do i start.

Start by looking for a lawyer. I can refer one to you if you wish me to.

Ask your lawyer to file a "Civil Suit for Declaration and Injunction".

In this case, you will ask the court for issuance of (i) a 'declaration' that the property belongs to you and (ii) an injunction seeking issuance of duplicate title deeds in your name.

Use a reliable law firm and keep in touch with them on phone and email when you go back to UK.

Check lawyer cost as well, if they are expensive then try to find one through Solicitor Regulation Authority UK practicing in Pakistan. As they will be controlled by SRA (UK). They may provide good service.

Pk1 has nailed it.

Thankyou so much for all your replies this has helped me a lot and yes samra zulfiq, i would be happy if you or anyone could point me to as Ali azmat has pointed out a SRA lawyer.

and PK 1 Thanks for the invaluable advice,

I am coming to Pakistan on 11th for a brief period for a week attending a wedding where also i will try to get some solicitor sorted out.

Again Thanks a lot

Brother solicitors in Pakistan charge huge money as you are from the UK. What they say 'kar dian ga' sub kuch ho gai ga' but when only Allah knows. Instruct a lawyer who is controlled by SRA (UK), and ask him I need a fixed fee agreement, and send me all papers to my UK address. By doing that they will know that guy might complain SRA (UK) if not treated properly and they will provide proper service.

I am not ruling out Pakistani lawyer but I would instruct the one who is regulated by SRA.

Check the link: http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/search/results?Location=Pakistan&Pro=False

These are all based in Pakistan.

Remember this advise is not free MUST remember everyone on this forum in your DUAS.

Thankyou Mr Azmat Ali,

I have taken your advice and contacted 2 solicitors via email via the link you sent.

I await their reply, also can you advise me that i want to open a bank account in Pakistan so i can start receiving rent into my account, what i may need, i have dual nationality and have made my nadra card, do i need to renew my pakistani passport also?

I am happy i found this forum and even happier for the advice given by all and help, as i was totally baffled the way to conduct this,my duas are surely to all on the forum and to you.

We as a Pakistani nation have a bad name among our counterparts as being very cut throat people, please i aim to insult no one, and i am honored to find the opposite, having lots of valuable advice and helping a brother out.

I hope i achieve idhaayat first amongest all of us and May Allah forgive our shortcomings, We are a Beautiful Nation with Beautiful people, let us all have Unity and show people our loving nature,

i have visited Pakistan three times in the last 10 years and each year people scare you in saying, o pakistan are crooks and rich vs poor etc etc, this has made me come to Pakistan less and less, because of the sterotype set in my mind,

I would like to say speaking to people here is changing my attitude.

All advice is welcome

and i am very very grateful

Hey Shak,

After reading your last post, I feel proud. Thank you for making me and many of us here feel that way.

The lawyer i was talking about is Barrister Haris Azmat (LLB Hons, London, Bar-at-law, Lincoln's Inn, PGC, ICJ Hague). You can reach him through his email: haris.azmat@gmail.com.

Phone: +92-322-4228655
Office No. 6, 3rd Floor, SAF Center, 8-Fan Road, Lahore.

If your property is not in Lahore, he will surely refer you to someone else.

You should mention to him that Samra from Zameen.com referred him to you.

U welcome if my words can benefit u then I feel lucky as Allah mercy will be upon on all of us. I agree in your email that u didnt travel Pakistan due to some negative image in ur mind 'stereotype' I wouldn't call it stereotype, I will call it reality. What people say it is true in my beloved land. The similar situation happen to me when I needed some advise I didnt get but u know I approach the supreme power 'Allah' and try to struggle and Allah open door for me as u know HE said u struggle and I will help but it must be positive. There are indeed many good people everywhere buy you have to struggle to find them. As you can see you have a contact from Samra. Keep looking and make your connection strong with Allah.

First thing as you said you emailed these solicitors and waiting for reply. I doubt it if u ever get reply. Some may reply but we are not at that professional level yet. I would suggest personally visit them and explain them your situation and one important thing YOU MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE WHAT U R TALKING ABOUT mean read as much as possible before visiting them go Kachari (local place for solicitors) and get some knowledge about your case from local lawyers. Be informed before hand. Giving few hundreds to local lawyers will save u thousands.

Second after getting that knowledge be strong and talk confidently with these (or any other) lawyers. Tell them what you want and also them solution how could it be done and be bold and ask for total litigation cost, ask them a letter of engagement and must read all the conditions pertaining to your case and particularly your FEES.

In regard bank account you dont need Pakistani passport, your machine readable card will be enough for you to open your bank account. I dont know much about banks in PK but if I were you I would go for Askari bank, u can also gave foreign account.

AND KINDLY KEEP YOUR BRITISH NATIONALITY LOW PROFILE if you wanted to be treated fairly. If they know u r British u pay more and treated differently. What I mean is if u r in PK act like typically Pakistani, adapt yourself according to the situation.

I dont know which part of PK u r from, I'm from Lahore/London feel free to contact if need. I am leaving for PK soon to have fun with my countrymen.

Get looted and Lotao:) lets see what happen to me if I survive or run back.

Ms Samra is there anyone who cant protect u or APNI APNI HEFAZAT KHUDKARAN:)

May Allah helps everyone.

Again i have read the recent replies and let me say thankyou for the invaluable advice Mr Azmat Ali, truly inspiring and great.

Also thankyou Samra for the solicitor which i will be contacting in due course and will certainly mention you were the one to introduce me.

Although I dont travel to Pakistan on a constant basis, whenever i did, i found the country absloutley magnificent and the people a treat, i got to see Balakot, Kaghan,Naraan and saif malook,

breathtaking.

Once the ball is rolling i will keep you updated and please believe i wont forget the help and advice i am receiving,

thankyou so so so much.

I live in the UK and if there is anything i can help you with here or need anything, if it is in my means I will oblige.

Besides that Allah bless you, give you Rehmat and remove any obstacles from your life ...Ameen

Can you recommend some good lawyers? like 5-10.

If you list them, this will help other people to consult and this post will be more meaningful

You can also contact us for advice

Ghalib Legal & Corporate Consultants

0313-4442227