Bahria Town Vs DHA

I am just making a comparison of Bahria Town Lahore and DHA Lahore. I would rate Bahria Town Lahore higher than DHA Lahore for the following reasons:

1. DHA’s developmental pace seems to be very slow. DHA Phase 8 was announced in 2004 and its balloting was processed four years later in 2008; but even as of today, there is still no clue when its development work is going to finish.

2. If we talk about facilities, please keep in mind that Bahria Town has been operational in Lahore since 2003 while DHA has been active since 1972 – yet there is no big difference in the facilities on offer -
i. DHA Club vs Bahria Golf Country Club
ii. National Hospital Lahore vs Bahria's state-of-the-art hospital which has better facilities and is more economical than National Hospital.
iii. Dha cinema vs Bahria Gold Class Cine 3D.
There are some facilities which are available in DHA but not in Bahria, similarly there are facilities which are available in Bahria but not in DHA. For example, Bahria has a theme park in Sector E.

3. Most importantly, there is no issue of load-shedding in Bahria Town because it has its own power houses.

4. Additionally, in Bahria, we don’t need to worry about sanitary and other electrical and other maintenance issues at home because Bahria has a huge services and maintenance department which is available on call 24/7 at a nominal cost.

5.Finally, you all know the great security in Bahria with 24 hours monitoring from Bahria’s own control room and CCTV cameras installed everywhere.

I would rate Bahria better than DHA in all terms. Bahria is future of Lahore. Comments awaited from all friends and experts. Hope to learn from your experiences.

As far as facilities & development standards are concerned; Bahria Town is better undoubtedly. The only problem is distance & location. Bahria Town is far away from Lahore. Its residents have to move to Lahore for job/business daily & its not very easy. Apparently; it does not look big issue but frankly speaking it is very serious issue if someone has to do it daily. My cousin is living in Bahria Town. I know what he feels when he has to travel so much to go for his job daily.

AGREED WITH IRFAN

I also agree with Irfan sb. The location of Bahria Lahore is a big spoiler, and daily commute must be nothing less than a torture. There was some news of Ring Road being extended till Bahria but I am not sure what became of that. While Bahria may have an edge in provision of town facilities, DHA still has a bigger attraction for private businesses and brands…ppl feel a lot easier about going to DHA for shopping or recreation as opposed to Bahria. So all in all, Bahria despite its high quality development is going to lag behind DHA until it improves its access and DHA Lahore will remain the preferred destination for the well-off class.Thats my opinion.

Ring road will be completed in next 4-5 years and then Bahria access will be improved. Even then babria location wont be ideal because distance is a distance.

Yes very true MR ZAIN.Bahria town is much better .

DHA for quality and brand for syre…

DHA is much better than Bahria. Don’t look at current facilities. Important factor is that who is owner and who is more reliable. Imagine something happened to Bahria mangement due to political issues, people will not get water there even. I would rate LDA schemes better than Bahria and all private schemes such as Valncia etc. Infact there is no match between DHA and Bahria and I would advise don’t invest in Bahria horizontal projects but no issue with vertical projects (Towers).

I have visited both and you cannot compare BT with DHA as DHA has a better location, it is closer to the city, airport and ring road and many thousands of houses are built there. At the moment most of the developments seem to be happening at DHA 6 and then it would be DHA 7 and then DHA 8 and then DHA 9. They maybe be slow in developing an area but the phases being launched now are very big for example DHA 6 and 7 will contain about 30.000 plots at the top end of the market. DHA is like a city within a city.

I agree with Arshad sb

DHA is much better in Lahore and Bahria is not that good, opposite is in Islamabad where Bahria is much better and DHA is competing.

Dear Zain for your kind information there are not BT own power houses but they got two way connections from Wapda by giving huge birbes to local Wapda ppls if one side light goes they got from other feeder and now there is also load shedding for hours....

I agree with Arshad Sb