Ethical practices in real estate business

I am wondering if there are at all any ethical practices followed in real estate business.
I have recently come across few real estate agents to sell one property. I had an experience of the lifetime, which i would never want to have again.
They consistently wear 2 masks on their faces, one for buyer and one for seller. Amazing artistry and that too full of lies, false statements and misguiding customers.
One of the agents who could not get the deal closed, started telling the buyers that this property is under legal litigation. I was surprised that to which extant these people go, if their commission is not realized.
Real a disappointing experience.

I am sure everyone in this business is not following the same practices. There are honest and trustworthy business men out there, who are concerned about their repute than money.

Awan Sb,

Very rightly pointed out... This could be true for real estate sector;;; however, generally this is applicable to all sectors in our society... Hum ne apnay deen ko bilkol chor diya hy... Deen se doori ki waja se he chain aur sukoon zindgion se khatam hogya hy..

ALLAH SWT humay seedha raasta dikhaaday... Aaameen.

Regards

Majority of them are cheaters. And in long run they suffer. Health issue, marriage n kids problems… Etc etc etc… But still they dont get it that why are we facing these problems? kheir is maslay ka haal hai humari qoum k pas… Jub subbbbb ker loo aur kuch kerny k qabil n raho tu lets go for Hajj with the looted mal they have taken from their fellow beings.

All of them are looters almost. If not all then 99.99 percent of them are. I really had a bad experience with one of my very dearest friend who is my childhood friend and now a dealer. He did'nt even care for the friendship and a lot of money is still with him which i gave for the file just because of trust on him. Now according to him file is with him and he can deliver me any day without any problem but that day is not coming and the remaining money is also with him which he can deliver any day but that day is also not coming.

All these people will get a definite reward for all these cheating very soon that's my firm belief.

This is indeed a bitter truth…

Trust me being a nation we are corrupt, So for me its not strange, In every field you go you will find the same attitude.

If you expect haram donkey meat selling in markets,Impure milk,cooking oil,water and other food items then don't need to be surprise.

I was reading an article about doctors, In pakistan alomost 90% doctors declare normal delivery as Sizzlers delivery just to make money.

Then just imagine what you expect from this nation.

Ahmed Tanoli, what type of delivery is “Sizzlers”? Please give more details to educate the members of this forum. If this is really a sizzler and not a “cesarean section”, then it must be avoided.

Auto correct (May be)

I completely agree with you. But all the eggs in the basket are not bad. I would recommend you finding a reasonable consultant who would take care of your interests. We here at Imlaak Consultants provide fair and care free transactions. Our commission is 1% of the sale value with no compromises and a 60%-40% rule on biyana investments. There are various people who ask us to take 0.5% instead of 1% which we plainly refuse.

I believe that no agent in their right mind would rip off a client unless the client is not paying them their right of 1% commission. Pay anyone their rightful fee and I don't think they'd rip you off.

Contact 03208484630 if you have any further queries regarding this or any property related matter.

In other countries agents have self regulation even if government does not regulate them. Bad agents are giving bad name to the profession. Good agents need to form professional bodies so that people can know they will be protection by certain minimum level of professional and ethical standards.

Agents need to learn the lesson that in business honesty is the best policy.

People are earning a lot of money but there is no barkat in their earning. Barkat only comes through honesty.

Arshad bhai i agree with you 100% but this is not applicable in Pakistan.

Over here the best solution is to guard your own cash and self interest....and above all DO NOT TRUST ANY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mostly property dealers have no ethics. ONe will be luck if he can find eone. Thanks

People here point out that there are good property dealers. But unfortunately almost all of the stories with dealers end up badly.

So some things to note:

• Always make your own decision and never come in to dealers' traps (chikni chupri batein like yay 6 months kay baad double ho jayay ga :-)).

• Never finalize anything with dealer but the owner. Dealer can have his commission once deal is done.

• Never give cash or bank drafts to dealer but to property owner.

• Get the property verified from relevant authority.

• Check with multiple sources before selling/buying any property and not rely on one (because jab bechnay jao to dealer kehtay hein market mein koi demand nahin hay. Jab khareednay jao kehtay hein market mein limited plots hein :-D).

I would also want to point out another ethical issue in property business. Property is a commodity and a need of the people. When a rich man buys a lot of 5 marla plots and hoards it for a few years till the prices rise due to shortage, the poor who need a roof over their head suffer.

It can be seen from Zameen.com index that price of smaller plots are higher (price/marla) in the initial phases of development but become much lower when most houses have been built there and investors leave the area and attack another new society.

Rich investors should never invest in 5 marla and even 10 marla plots in middle range societies. Invest in 1 kanal and above where only rich men play and the poor dont suffer.

Irfan sb, baat to ap ne theek ki hy, lekin aisa karega koan... That is the question.

Regards