Allottees of Bahria projects to get plots soon!

Bahria Town Karachi recently announced on Facebook that all the allottees of Bahria Town Karachi, Bahria Sports City, and Bahria Paradise that are currently waiting for possession of plots, might be receiving some good news in this regard soon. The management stated that the allottees would soon be allotted plots, or they could proceed with applying for refunds as per Bahria’s policies.

Now, how ‘soon’ this might happen is anyone’s guess. However, if it were to happen, it would surely be such a huge relief for people who invested in these projects. Personally, I think investors will choose to apply for a refund because of everything they have been forced to suffer through. What do you folks think about this? Will it really happen? Or is it just a lame consolation attempt?

Bhai its almost seven years now and we are listening same stories, plots were given to Bahria beloved dealers and we are left with a useless file only whose value is half of its payment.

Applied for refund in Nov 2019 but still no hope.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Nasir. They have made similar announcements in the past but people are still without plots. It is criminal how Bahria Town and Malik Riaz gets away with this, and the worst thing is that he still makes money out of it. Have you heard about the low-cost project Bahria Greens? Another money pit for naïve folks, if you ask me.

I feel your pain. However, what can I say… there is no stopping Malik Riaz. The government has almost accepted his status as the necessary evil.

Yes Brother, I heard about the scheme, they do not have land for previous projects and now they are launching new project and the sad thing is they are going to loot poor people.

After 7 years, after paying 17.50 lac, now my plot price was not more than 8 lac and now not getting my refund, they always tell something new.

Dair hai par andhair nahi, Allah ki pakkar main zaror aey ga

@Hasham sab Is he a necessary evil though? It's more like he has proven that no one has any authority over his capital. Or well that the turnip can get away with anything.

@Nasir sab, I think I have heard that they claim to have land for the project this time but as the sher goes

Teray waday pay jiye hum to yeh jan jhoot jana,
k khushi say mur na jatay, ager aitbar hota.

I am sorry to hear about your loss, brother Nasir. I wish I could say otherwise but I have heard a lot of stories similar to yours. It’s not just limited to Karachi… Same is the case for Islamabad and Lahore. People pay high prices on property purchases, but the value of plot diminishes over time. May Allah help you with this matter, as 17.50 lacs is no small amount. Every other day there is a new promise for affectees, with no outcome. I have heard that they don’t have land for Bahria Greens and it is just another attempt to trick people into investing in the project.

Let’s just assume that either they offer you a plot or provide you with compensation of some sort; what option will you avail?

And Kamran sahib, you do have a point. I feel as if this government is taking on people with deep pockets just to sustain itself. I also like the comparison with a turnip.