Brand World

Let’s face it. As in the case of clothes and household items, we are very brand conscious when it comes to real estate.

Therefore, even at completely incomprehensible locations, Bahria, DHA and Multi do so well! Just consider the locations of DHA Phase I; Bahria Phases I to IV and look at their prices. But the limit is sectors E and F in Bahria Phase VIII. Even farther is Bahria Garden City and hamlets. The poor villagers in those areas never thought, people living next door would claim that they are in Pindi or Islamabad!

On the other side, Multi Garden has been selling like hot cake, and the location is Sangjiani! I still remember in the nineties this place seemed like half way to Peshawar. If you were coming from Peshawar, you thought Pindi/Islamabad was still very very far. You had to pass a place on the road which cut through mountains.

And what is the latest fad? Multi Orchards - It is in Tehsil Wah District Attock. In a few months, prices have climbed tremendously and now sale purchase is peaking. In 6 months, this will be untouchable. Even the small plots in Residencia have become hot property.

Two years back I looked up the website of Sir Syed Society which is in the same area, and called their office bearer on the number. The man said the price had not risen for a very long time. Why? Because the brand in the same place was ‘Sir Syed’ not ‘Multi’.

True

Totally agreed... But the question is why people do that?

In case of real estate; we must remember that people lost hard earned money in fake societies before the arrival of bahria and multi. LDA in lahore is especially notorious. Same is the case in every city. DHA and Bahria introduced standard of living and also forced other developers to follow the path to become successful. Multi became successful only because it joined the same development standard. People buy expensive plots in these societies with a confidence that atleast these societies will not ran away after 1-2 years. It happens in a country like Pakistan where no government agency help poor people whenever they lost money in fake societies. People have to safeguard their money by themselves.

F block is a big joke but selling like crazy. Outside islamabad, very far and no idea when it will be developed. Not even sure if Multi has land for it. But people prefer it more than ready for construction plots in Cabinet a CDA approved proper zone 2 sector!

Can you explain that?!?!?

Yes brand world it is!

Lets invest in DHA valley and get our money stuck but may be our children can say they are living in 'Defence'.

Don’t be misguided by the artificial price hike…there is a dealer mafia which is behind this game. …

I dont think that this is a bad thing to be honest, as a brand becomes a brand after it has gained trust and delivered. DHA, Bahria and Multi have all reasonable track records hence people trust them with thier money.

Another point to be noted is the pressure on the housing that led to expension of cities. The older , developed cities everywheer not just in Isb / pindi are too congested, too crowded and too expensive, hence the expansion beyond the city walls.

I used to tarvel from peshawar to Abbottabad regularly and there were stretches of empty lands between Pesahwar and Nowshehrah .Now though you dont even feel that you have left peshawar before you reach Nowshehrah.

Who can afford to pay 40 millions to buy in F sectors and then sepnd another 15 millions to build? Very few can.

So people are looking for areas with some road links to the cities at an affordable price. So Its not just the brand , its also the fact that brands are delivering at relatively affordable prices.

If you could employ that dealer network you can trade plots even on mars and moon…

Well, I have faith on MPCHS management. First look at the land on Google Earth. The land is empty and with very few houses.