Gulshan-e-Maymar Karachi - Future...

Maymar housing used to be a quality name, among the top of karachi's society offering some respite to middle class.What has happened to this? The area is too good, but the property prices there are not stable (going down, it appears).

Can someone give the reason please. Waiting for a healthy discussion.

Hi Mohammad,

That's the problem with almost all housing societies in Karachi. The law and order situation is strangulating the entire property market and unfortunately only a couple of housing societies have been able to put up a fight against the deteriorating conditions of the market. In comparison with Lahore and Islamabad, Karachi's property market is not performing up to the mark.

Karachi real estate fast losing ground to Lahore, Islamabad

An old story but still interesting nonetheless. And not surprisingly, this too was sanctioned by Zameen.com. Take a look.

May be you'r right. But, karachi's law and order situation remainn an issue for long. It not started to detoriate in the last two-three years but a long standing issus. If i'm not wrong, it dates back to 1960s then since 1980s we are having every day worse than the previous one.

I'm not sure if there is any compaerable society in lahore or islamabad affording people with such a moderate cost of owning some property. My question is: why these days it is at such a low? I'd seen it going up my self by manyfold since late 90s till 2008. But nowadays it is either stagnant or giong down.

Hey @ Asif tell me what is the most precious thing to you, obviously your own life, the place where you, your life, your family, even your hard earned cash for which we work days and nights is not even near to word secure.. How come you will prefer even think living there i know terrorism now a days is in each and and every part of the country but its how we live with different intensities, but in Karachi its hell more. According to a survey 27 % of people living in Karachi has left Karachi just because of law and order situations.

When people are leaving the place how is it possible that the prices there will raise :)

No hard feelings brother

Peace

One thing more, greater percentage of the people who have left karachi, came to punjab which is the cause of boom in real estate sector in this very province.

Yes asif, mr. Nafees and mr. Fahad are absolutely right. You can just hope for good, peaceful karachi. There are lots of people who have left their properties without hoping for high return in future, just to secure their family and have moved to developing province of the country.

We can just pray for peace in karachi so that everyone in karachi can live normal life.

It is always good to have an active and healthy discussion. I'm glad to see an active response frrom your side.

As far as i know of people leaving in karachi, there is more inflow in karachi as compared to the people going out (almost 4% inflow every where + 2% birth rate). How come this be possible? One of the possible reason might be that they had no jobs in otehr parts of country. But, they also need to have a place to live. And karachi accommodates all of them so well. It has now became a multi-lingual society in almost each and every part of the city including posh as well as kachchi abadis. Only a handful of locatalites are polarized say liyari, nazimabad, malir, kati pahari and outskirts. Otherwise you'd see almost every caste and creed living in almost every part of karachi.

I wonder, if all the incoming families need accomodation in karachi, why the real estate is not working like what should it have?

Yes this is a excellent place for investment…

Looks like the debate has ended :slight_smile: … Karachi with all kind of issues it has, still is the most vibrant and expensive property place in Pakistan… A quality Bahria Town 250 sq yards house in lahore can be fetched in 15-18 million while a proper gated community house of same specs costs atleast double in Karachi… So all the above analysis has gone the drain mate … :slight_smile:

The main reason of fall down in gulshan.e.mahmaar are the law and order situation.gulshan mahamaar is away from the city and often the law and order situation in those areas remain worst thats why prices goes down in those areas.

Very soon you will hear some real good news for Mahmaar so just wait and watch