Haji Camp Route to New Islamabad Airport

I have heard that haji camp route through i-14, i-15 and i-16 has been also approved.

Nespak is doing a feasibility study for this route. This route was rejected earlier but looks like this is a new development.

Any further information, news or links on the latest development?

By the way an excellent route can be made by extending the Blue Area Road in a straight line.

In a straight line, the Blue Area Road will reach the Tarnol Interchange. From there the traffic can come to the motorway and then immediately turn right to the airport from the proposed 4km route from Motorway 0-point to new Airport underpass.

Incidentally, there are not any major slum occupation on the way if the Federal Govt makes up its mind to extend the Blue Area Road in straight line all the way to reach Tarnol Interchange.

And this will provide all Parliamentarians and foreign dignitaries a straight express route to Presidency, PM House and Parliament!

So if the Haji Camp road is extended to make the main route towards Airport ,than It will Kashmir Highway- Golra Mor- Haji Camp - North of I 14,15,16- Extending towards Airport...

Pk1 Bro, If we extend the Blue Area Road it will Hit G 15 and not Tarnol, Further more raaste mai G 12 Ka Issue bhi hai...

Matrix, after crossing G-15 it will reach Interchange on M-1 Motorway called Tarnol Interchange.

I am not referring to Tarnol Phattak on GT Road. I am talking about the existing Tarnol Interchange.

Then F-17, E-18, PAF Tarnol and Faisal Town will have a big Jump

Extension of Blue Area in a straight line will be a real nightmare if Govt opts for this idea !

WHY ?

Jinnah Avenue till F-10 is all ok 3 lanes all along with ample space for extension (addition of further lanes wihtout any environmental hazard). After F-10 the road squeezes a bit and the three lane road shrinked to 2 lanes till the dead end at G-11/F-11 junction. This 2 lane road has limited extension possibility as both sides having residential sectors and green belt passing parallel till the end . So to add 2 more lanes all the green belt will be eaten up and its not a very good idea to pass "HIGHWAY between residential sectors".

Then comes the area where the ALIENS have occupied the territory G-12 "The Meher Abadi", a big hurdle in the way.

Same goes for G-13 , G-14 .

The only possible way which seems more feasible is:

Jinnah Avenue (Blue Area road) ---> F-10 round about now either go straight on Nazim-ud-din road or right turn from F-10 round about comes to Margalla Road passing between F-11 and E-11 touch the dead end the future 11th Avenue (CDA future project)

http://www.cda.gov.pk/projects/futureProjects.asp

From D-12 onwards Margalla Avenue touches GT Road somewhere at Sangjani.

Ok lets assume MA as a disputed project.

11th Avenue touching Kashmir Highway will also covers up the time and distance constraint from New Airport to Parliament.

Cheers,

Extension of Kashmir Highway suggests that NS Govt has already decided on the Kashmir Highway- haji Camp- I 16 route… IS Base’s assumption seems corect about nbot having too many residential sectors along a new Airport road.

Haji sb ur input required pls…:slight_smile:

IS Base ... Seventh Avenue and Ninth Avenue (Agha Shahi Avenue) are also built as recently as 2006 on what used to be a green belt.

Blue Area Jinnah Avenue is even more important than these roads.

Https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201736798722216&set=gm.747233371976490&type=1&theater

Its gonna be Haji Camp route for sure...no other route being considered at all

My cousin works at Planning division (Ahsan Iqbal Team) as research associate, they are designing the route through Haji camp

Yes Hashim no doubt should now be left about the route…

If you compare Haji Camp route vs Kashmir Highway towards MW zero point, the more logical route is Kashmir Highway towards MW zero point. Straight highway, less distance, no residential areas along, no security related issues, room for future expansion, less construction cost etc etc, all this gives a huge edge to this option.

Pk1 7th and 9th Avenue were build during a dictatorship tenure and both these roads after construction still have the green belts on both sides so you can imagine how wide those green belts were that didn't causes any environmental hazard.

But in this Blue Area extension case the green belt between G-11 and F-11 is bit narrow and if the green belt is used then residential sectors G-11 and F-11 will come right on the HIGHWAY plus the G-12 Meher Abadi issue cannot be solved easily specially for a political government. Musharraf tried to had a raid back in his tenure and failed miserably.

@Matix and Hashim Sb,

You both are rite the Haji Camp route will be developed but it will be more suitable for Pindi and Zone-5 residents.

What we are arguing is the route for Islamabad (zone-1, Zone-3 barakahu residents) specially the route for Parliamentarians and Diplomatic dignitaries to/from new airport.

Cheers,

@Is Base .. Surely there will be 2 routes for the Airport, Second one will cater the cargo and an alternate... Most probably it will be a straight extension of Kashmir highway...

As far as Zone 1 is concerned they can use either routes.. Haji camp will definitely have a fly over or underpass for the Airport...

The Blue Area route may well be a future development God willing...

"Haji Camp route will be more suitable for Pindi and Zone-5 residents" ??

Want opinion from Pk1 and other expert members pls.

Regards

Come on guys no one out there to Share something ?

I know this is of no interest for many but this is of some deciding factors to come to some very imp decision for future investment.

One route will be the Kashmir highway. It is most logical and straight route especially for Islamabad residents and VIPs. Now the other route is needed to cater for the powerful army establishment/DHA and Bahria. For this I think Haji camp or somewhere else a route will have to be developed. Now how funds for this new route will be arranged is the problem the government will be facing. But this powerful lobby will have this alternate route made.

Every body here has its own assumptions and speculations.

In my opinion haji camp route is better instead of using motorway which is so called kashmir highway extension.

Haji camp route is a straight route for islamabad people because from golra round about we will turn left and go straight towards airport without any interruption till airport.

@Usama

Airport road network is "BOT" project. Land will be acquired by govt and investment on development will be from contractor. So funding is not an issue at all for this project.

@ ALL

Latest news is section 4 has been imposed for land acquisition. They will acquire 1500 feet Right of way for link-1(haji camp route) and 1000 feet ROW for link-2(Thallian route).