Impact Of N-league Dream Projects On Battle Of The Zones

Dear expert colleagues (in particular dear syed ibrahim)

How do you see the impact of new projects on the battle of the zones?

The new projects in the noon league pipeline are:- (i) New Twin City (ii) new economic corridor (or triangle); (iii) new rawat airport; (iv) conversion of islamabad highway into 10 lane super commercial avenue on the lines of shaikh zayed avenue in dubai.

Good for the real estate sector fo Pakistan and the infrastructure of the country, even for the businesses. But country at present has got some other responsibilities.

It is a project on which Rs. 12 billion will be spend and the theme of the project would be according to Sheikh Zated Avenue in Dubai. Project is good but again we have some other priorities. And i dont know what a common will benefit from the project.

Regards, z@in N@deem

Hey what about that second Islamabad and that mega multi purpose economic zone which is depriving people of 42 villages from their land? Courtesy of CDA

Economic Zone

Will some one answer, that does CDA has the capacity to execute such mega projects?

Very rightly pointed out by Zain, that we have bigger issues at hand.

Regards

Any thoughts about impact of these announcemnets on Zone 2 sector prices? If any movement happened on new islamabad concept* the Zone 2 proerpty prices rise will slow down?

"DREAM" Projects?! You nailed it there Pk1 !

Would just like to share some general knowledge facts for the interest of the readers:

1. Shekh Zayed was the unchallenged king/emir of UAE for 33 years till his death in 2004. He built the original Sheikh Zayed Road also known as E 11 in UAE.

2. Sheikh Maktoum, the emir of Dubai who concieved the present Shekh Zayed avenue was the unchallenged emir of Dubai for 16 years till 2006, when Dubai was the richest of all emirates. It took him 5 years just to widen the road (1993-98).

3. Shah Jahan, who realized his dream of building the Taj Mahal, was the absolute king of India for 30 years, and his coffers were full enough for him to even concieve another such building, which he actually did, but failed to build.

4. The new international airport being built in Dubai, The Al-Maktoum International Airport, was to be inaugurated in April 2011, but it has been delayed till date and its final date of opening passenger operations is still unknown.

5. None of these people had to execute their projects through organizations like CDA, PWD, NESPAK etc.

6. Pakistan has not yet commenced exporting oil to the international market.

7. PM Nawaz Sharif has a max tenure of 5 years (if completed). The economy is as broke as it can be, and we are running to all corners of the World begging for a bail-out.

Sorry for those irrelevant facts, totally out of context :) So coming back to the topic, Yes, these projects will have a good impact on prices in most parts of Islamabad when completed, regardless of the zones. I am really looking forward to it.

If some movement starts on these projects then obviously zone 2 would suffer…I am not saying that its will go down but prices can come to halt in zone 2 if some on ground work starts.