Islamabad expressway koral to g.T road section

The koral interchange is completed now and expansion of road up to gulberg underpass is in completion phase. When they will start on next phase i mean from gulberg to g.T road or cda cancel it.

Doesn’t look like happening in near future, maybe if N league wins, then after next elections they might start work on it.

But there are some serious issues which might not make it happen. Land acquisition is the main one, secondly Gulberg paid 92 crore rupees to CDA or contractor making the expressway. Now who will pay these costs for interchanges for other societies on this road, Jinnah garden?Pwd? Soan?korang? I don’t think so, none of these societies are professional enough to pay, besides there is no land available for interchanges,

Only DHA has the capacity to pay for interchange. But there are some lengthy bridges to be made, which take lot of time and money.

So doesn’t look like hapenig, though I wish it becomes reality as it’s really needed.

Due to koral signal removal and khanna pull signal removal it has happened that all traffic move in speed and severe traffic jam is happening after gulberg interchange pull upto sawan garden signal after 4 pm which will become more hectic with the passage of time. But work on khanna pull and sohan signal is nill at the moment which also take time so im not seeing work on 3rd phase happening as cda will concentrate on metro project to new airport and link roads on that side.

I don't think it will happen soon... Heard, some work on underpass near Naval is in progress? anyone would like to confirm this news?

Regards

Maaksons made 4,5 cabins on left side of naval anchorage gate but they are not doing any work. A mountain is little bit cut towards kock pull side but at the moment no machinery there.i have read in newspaper that mayor Islamabad has said that after koral chowk interchange completion they will start work on next phase after 2 months

Thanks Hamid sb for the updates

Http://e.jang.com.pk/03-31-2017/pindi/page2.asp#;

work on sohaan interchange starts

Work started on naval anchorage interchange,machinery is now working…also sohaan interchange work is ongoning

Hamid sb, you are right, work on interchanges is going on over the last month or so…

Http://epaper.dawn.com/?page=13_04_2017_153

Pls read it, this is what I have been fearing from a long time, that they wont go any further after the gulberg underpass due to range of issues and problems,

hopefully govt circles don't delay it as widening of the expressway till atleast DHA is direly needed "NOW"

Agreed YC.... It is very much needed... The expansion should be completed.... But I personally feel it will be get delayed.

Regards

Khan bhai i am also foreseeing delay unless societues contribute towards expansion.

Https://www.zameen.com/blog/expansion-of-islamabad-expressway-an-important-update.html

Work on Naval Anchorage Interchange is on full swing ... Hopefully DHA will start working on their own interchange soon.

Sohan Interchange work also started. So things are moving at least, lets be hopeful.

Interchanges are being funded by the societies... Expansion of road will require funds from CDA/ Govt, which are not available.

Regards