Isn't it simple folks?

The economy of pakistan is mainly run by expatriate's remittance , most of it going to real estate. If government of pakistan can sense this and launch huge projects next to gawadar and give all the panning to Malik Riyaz with checks and balances, provide fool proof security.

My guess is it would bring more than 20 billion dollars to the war torn nation in a year Create millions of jobs, improve the security situation in balochistan, improve the economy of this neglected, yet resourceful province, save our agricultural land and decease the mounting pressure on the already populated hardly manageable cities.

The phenomenon is simple and easy to implement!

Our remittance can reach to trillion of usd in a year time with proper handling of this inshaallah. We can surpass many european countries economically and turn this nation into an Asian tiger, isn't this what mian brothers want?

What do you guys think

It’s not simple but simplistic. Sorry in advance.

Great idea! Simple interventions by government can bring radical changes. Only if the intent 'd been there…

I keep posting about balochistan/ gawDar area for almost a year!never been there and never known someone from there but I will continue my efforts as this is what is hurting all regional and far anemies of our state! And it is the break point of our economy and self dependence I hope these efforts will just pave way to some tangible thoughts from some one in power corridors!

Some good govt department residential projects can play the same role in better and secure way. Mr is not last but good option,

DHA, Fazia,Especially NAVAL schemes in Gawadar will play great role with insuring security ( keep in mind security situation is not good in that area). People will go there if very good jobs and living facilities are provided there. Only Govt authorities can do it firstly and then see avalanche effect.

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride!

The best way for government o achieve this is to give opportunities and not to micromanage I guess, I agree with you Nasir regarding any reputable society taking care of this but perhaps Malik Riyaz is the big go brand nowadays which sells better!

Pakistanis are cornerstones of all the economies in the world but not for pakistan due to bad handling of affairs I think this is the easiest,safest,simplest and shortest route o achieving it, just to give you an example shaukath khanum provides excellent care for free to poor people( many developed countries have not been able to have such model so far) not because Pakistanis working there are better than government hospitals but just because they have better working environment, similarly motorway police is all Pakistanis as well! So the government only provides a good platform and thes rest is a self sustainable progressive process.believe me the pakistani expatriates are a treasure no one knows the true potential of!

Sinful bhai the price of 5 kanal developed plot with good facilities in Multi Orchards is less than the price of one kanal in Bahria, DHA and equal to one kanal in B-17 B block. Why? Because it is at 30 odd kilometers distance from entry point of Islamabad/Pindi.

So why would overseas Pakistanis pour billions into Gawadar plots which is at thousands of kilometers from their hometowns?

Generally huge amount of population moves to places where there are industries, businesses, Jo s, health facilities etc. No where in the world can the government provide all these faculties. It must be the private sector and foreign investors who should start businesses there.

No one abroad will start huge business complexes in Gawadar overnight. People cannot move in without these facilities. Law and order situation in Balochistan will not encourage businesses to plough millions and billions into a potentially risky place where there are no skilled labor force available.

Sorry but your idea is not as wonderful or as miraculous as you think.

Dear pk1,

The true value of gawadar is not known to us but China has known it for a while and it wants to take the pains to build the highways leading from China across the unsafe environment of Balochistan to the warms waters of the Arabian Gulf! That makes a difference when we talk about a progressive exploding economy vs a struggling strained economy! Thinking inside the box vs thinking outside the box, thinking all the time about sweet multi project in b17 and measuring the distance from zero point vs thinking big scale changing lives of the people!

Through out the history greatest civilization and cities have progressed by their proximity to the warms waters or at least waters be it New York, Los Angeles, Karachi, Dubai, Jeddah Istanbul and so on. The ports are vital to any country economy the millions of jobs created by the commercial activity at any port cannot be underestimated , now we can take the back seat and let Chinese use it and let our population populate it chaotically or we take the front seat plan it promote it and let the overseas Pakistanis money turn it to the countries aorta, government does not need excessive spending but they do need planning. Just to give you an example BE 2 did not involve a penny out of Malik Riyaz pocket yet it generated millions in one night that is thinking out of the box! Once you make a conducive environment things shape up by itself.

The true significance of Gawadar is based on how far your vision is, The Chinese know this, the Russian knew it UAE, Iran knows it , US knows it and so does India but not us!

By the way people are not investing in the societies you mentioned because they don't see the prospects of those going high in the near future it was NOT the location alone, if location alone was an issue BE2 would not have made millions Ina night!

Ok, if you say so...

:)