Margalla Avenue To Be Linked With Motorway

Capital Development Authority (CDA) has decided to link Margalla Avenue to third avenue on one side and to motor way on other side. Decision was taken in a meeting held under chairman CDA here he was told during the meeting that construction work on Margalla Avenue from Sector D-12 to Sector B-17 was underway. Chairman CDA directed that pace of work on this avenue be accelerated and it be expanded from GT road to motorway. Margalla Avenue be carpeted from Pak Secretariat to third avenue. He also issued directives for installation of road lights on Islamabad highway.

If it become true a big boom will hit zone 2.

Http://www.Thefrontierpost.Com/article/64090/margalla-avenue-to-be-linked-with-motorway/

If it become true?

They have to build it sooner or later. They have been talking about it for a long time so they cannot delay it for too long. It could be 1 year or 5 years but it will be built.

First thing let them to complete until GT road, Then we will see.

This skyrocket d-18 AWT prices as it’s likely to conect to sangjani interchange

Dear Ali1, AWT is already on the rise over the past few months.

@Ali1. Arrghh! Shouldn’t have leaked out this detail while I am still hunting for another bargain :confused: Anyway, since you have now brought it up, the feasibility report for a new road from the entrance of AWT to the Margalla avenue junction on GT Road has already been prepared, and while most of the land is already clear, for the remaining patch you can count on the “boys” running AWT to get cleared. You are right, it will be connected to the Sangjani interchange.

Amjad bhai…lol… Sir I hope other forum members are able to pick up some plots ASAP.

Can somebody tell me what will be the effect on wapda town if margalla avenue will be connected to sangjani interchange. If prices will rise on awt how much this will effect on wapda town prices.

True khan sb. It’s safe there even at current rates

I wanna know abt wapda town aswell...every where prices have gone up and up but wapda town prices seems to be stagnant.10 marla in A block 13 lacs maximum 1 kinal in D block 24 lacs maximum..10 marla in D block is around 12 lacs ...

And this has been for past 3 to 4 months

The main problem with wapda town is their access. When physical work will start on margalla avenue connected to sangjani interchange, whole zone 2 will have a big boom,

but Wapda town specially will become a very good place for investment instantly. Because in that range no develop place is available in whole zone 2.

currently prices are better in wapda town if compare with Awt prices 2 years back.

around 2 years back i went to Awt and found that place very good for long term investment. Only issue i found was their access rest was all good. Kanal plot in awt was easily available in 8 say 11 lak range and 2 kanal plot was available in 17 say 22 lak range.

almost same situation with wapda town now, as soon they get some access from Sangjani interchange, investors will rush there and prices would be double. (but not 100% sure because of wapda town development standard)

@H-T. As I have already mentioned in one of my earlier responses to your query, Wapda Town will only gain big when they develop their D block because it will be linked to C block of AWT and provide a more direct access to the society from Sangjani Interchange.

WAPDA town will benefit if Margalla Avenue is extended in a straight line to reach M-1 Motorway at WAPDA town bridge(instead of diagonally to reach awt interchange).

If it is extended in straight line then B-17 will also benefit hugely because the road that divides A/B blocks of B-17 from C block of B-17 can be extended to cut Margalla Avenue extension. This way B-17 residents will not need to go to GT road and they can straight away get on Margalla Avenue and reach D-12.

Now only AWT will be the beneficiary of Margalla Avenue extension from GT Road to Motorway.

Well since one of my posts is pending approval so let me try again.

WAPDA town has direct access from Sangjani interchange as they have paid 20% of its construction cost.Their only problem is that their D block, which will be linked to C block of AWT for access to the interchange is still not developed. Once that happens, Wapda town will be less than 2 minutes drive from the interchange, and their prices will surely rise.

@Pk1. I am not sure how you reached the conclusion that AWT will be the "only" beneficiary when this road will also pass next to D-17, ECHS and Wapda Town in addition to AWT. Otherwise it would have been only for B-17 and that too, without an interchange. Lets not forget that Margalla Avenue extension across GT road was being planned to link it to the motorway, not to any particular housing society.

Https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=692915490742466&set=o.505742062778439&type=1&theater

Any idea what would be the effect on Orchards?

@Syed Amjad I think it would have been a better place to build the interchange at Wapda Town. That way awt could benefit as well by coming through wapda town. To make the road diagonally will make the route longer. D-17 already has access on GT road and ECHS is adjacent to D-17 can use the access of D-17.

it makes very little sense to make awt interchange as it is very close to the Kashmir highway interchange as compared to wapda town. It will give less benefit to people coming from KPK side? If you can drive to awt interchange, you can drive a little extra and go,to main interchange. Unless u r going to d-12 and E-11. How many people using the motorway will be going there? But they would gladly enter Islamabad from D-12 side if they could exit from the Motorway a little sooner.

Any way what's done is done.

@Pk1 please share some knowledge, what would be the effect of Margalla Avenue Linked With Motorway on Multi Orchards?

@pk1 sir not just d-12 and e-11 MA will accommodate future residents of c series as well