New Islamabad Airport Will Be Completed In 2015

Story of sc hearing" Http://www.Forcesestate.Com/active/newsitem.Asp?Nitem=19717

It depends upon the pace of development. This past year it was in absolute fast pace and it was in full swing before ramadhan and they managed to finish a lot of work off. But now with gov new plans about road access, 3rd runway acouple of minor additional things have been added to new airport which has delayed plans once again. This is not shocking to be honest, it was bound to happen. If they carry on the development work at fast pace, then there shouldn't be a problem and it could possibly be complete by end of 2014. But in my opinion, it should be fully functional by july 2015. If it doesn't by then I will be shocked!

@Sheikh Sahab......with all due respect, may I suggest that you start preparing yourself for this shock. (At my end I am hoping that I will be the one who will be happily surprised by opening of at least regular cargo flights by 2015).

Agree with Pk1. Unfortunately the moto of most of the government departments is ‘Delay’, ‘Delay’, Add Cost so that you get bigger piece of the cake. I’ll be really disappointed if a project with such a sensitive nature goes beyond June2014 which the date given by Defence ministry.

Lol@ pk1 - you maybe right especially the way things are going at the moment...this is it. If they continue to work at fast pace then can get it done, but with delays and new plans nothing is certain! we will just have to wait and see what happens...

@sheikh abdul no new plans added in airport. 3rd runway will be build in 2030 . However land will be acquired for it till dec 2013.

A lot of rumers but some positives are happening as prices in f-17 and b-17 are going up fast

It will be completed in December 2015, but i am still very curious to know what will happen when CJ Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhary will complete his tenure in Decemeber, what will happen next ?

Well development of airport building is in full swing, prices have risen in most of Islamabad.

New Airport is going to construct near Rawat , A Super Highway will be built between Islamabad and New Airport and land around this Super High way Will be Auctioned to Real Estate Tycoons to fetch funds for the New Airport near Rawat

Lol… Yes there will be a new airport probably around Rawat by 2100 BC. It’s inconceivable as to how people are still buying such rumours.

Lol, InshAllah new airport will be the one being built in Zone 2.

A new airport in Rawat was never going to happen. They would never make an airport so close to Kahuta.

Nadir, they can never disturb Kahuta's security plus, Rawat is full of water, have you ever witnessed the Highway settles down after every some weeks and they need to repair it. Reason is heavy water reservoir underneath. This was just a rumor to help Malik Riaz of Bahria Town by the PM. And he is the one who is not letting him to visit the Fateh Jang Airport.

Akhir kub tak. The govt will IA clarify their position to end this dilemma

By Him i refer to PM Nawaz

This is the problem in our country, Any big project become political issue between political leadership. Even CJ Pakistan Iftikhat choudhary took notice few months before for delayed in completion of New airport. You guys can see in the news paper new government has not submitted any reply , when this airport going to be complete.

Malik Riaz in not A God who can do any thin. See on google earth. More than 70% of work on Fateh Jang airport has been finished. How one can stop this. After Supreme Court decision on margalla tunnel nobody will think about rawat airport. Who will justify this in court. On one side court is asking for deadline of fatehjang airport and people are thinking for rawat airport rediculous. In last five years how much mega project has been launched in Islamabad. Islamabad has no potential that blue area could be extended to Rawat. Already define blue Area is empty and there are few high rise buildings how you can extend this for another 15 kilometer which dont have not a potenetial of 3 kilometer only. Almost 100 billion is required for rawalpindi ring road and govt dont have a amount to complete margalla avenue and Kashmir highway which is no more than 3 billion. Cda who is not able to acquire land of E-12 in last 30 years how they will acquire land for Islamabd economic zone and who will come in this economic zone at the time when existing industrial units are closing due to power crisis, gas crisis and poor law order situation.

Most of work is complete. Major work left with main passenger terminal building. It should be completed by july 2015 providing development stays in good pace.

Read http://e.jang.com.pk/11-14-2013/pindi/pic.asp?picname=659.gif