Oversea cheated by al faisal enclave

Dear all,

Unfortunately i had invested in al faisal enclave back in 2018, in start they kept promising that we are expecting noc soon, but recently when checked their website is closed and the head office is not giving proper information.

Al faisal enclave is not the only society or i am not the first oversea pakistani victim, my question to the experts is that how i can recover my money and what pakistan institutions are doing to protect oversea pakistanis from such fraud? Every government makes lots of noise to attract oversea investments but reality is something else.

Please guide me how to recover my money, want to know if opening is court case is viable or not?

Brother Shah,

What you are reporting is ‘grave’ indeed. The housing fraud has been a reoccurring problem in Pakistan for a while now. However, there have been some recent improvements to curb this issue. Like the development authority for each district is issuing a list of ‘approved housing scheme’ and it will do well for people to consult it before investing.

You can also file an official complaint for investigation or report your issue on the Pakistan Citizen's portal (or have a relative in Pakistan do it). I am sure they will provide you with proper guidance. I am not promising that you will get your money back, but you can definitely save someone else from the same fate.

Sir I have learned a lesson, being overseas, never ever invest in Pakistan property, it’s far much better to keep the FC in your pocket if you can, after years and years when you want to come back and buy a property or build house it will be won’t be much different amount to buy in those so called enclaves and societies, main cities are an exception like CDA sectors.

Sir, in last 10 years i have invested in 12 different properties with CDA, Bahria, DHA & etc, unfortunately after all the hassles of sending money and buying properties if i do simple math it proves your point that actually i lost a lot of money. I realize now Its not worth to invest in properties. I burned my fingers by investing with all the so called big names but end result is same.