Projects in Gwadar - PROSPECTS

Green Palms: This is a Rafi Group project. As per GDA website, they have 247 acres of land on Makran Coastal Highway. Also on GDA website, it is stated that their NOC is 'restored conditionally'.

Rafi Group is owned by Imtiaz Rafi Butt. A big party of Lahore. Imtiaz is a personal childhood friend of Mian Nawaz Sharif. His father Mohammad Rafi Butt was a friend of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.

It is being marketed by LRE and UPN.

Here is the GDA Website that mentions other projects too.

Http://www.gda.gov.pk/pages/gdaoffers.html

So what is the prospect of all these investment? There are too many projects.

Land in Makran area per acre is 4 to 7 lac and if I am not wrong price of 5 marla is 7 lac. Further distance from main Gwadar city is approx 20 KM. Rafi group have business of constructing plazas but not the societies and they never done before. So its difficult to know what actually they are planning to do.

One more point which I found that this is 2nd time launching of green palm earlier they sold the similar plots in that area on half price and definitely with big words that development will start soon.

This is based on my discussion with various people who have been dealing in GWADAR and my own home work on this subject. Rest you can explore further and correct / update all of us.

It is good for those who can keep it for long term.... May be 5 to 10 years....

Regards

But why only for Punjabis? Do you mean because the office of rafi Group is in Lahore?

Any way what about Singhar Housing Society in Gwadar?

Rafi Group will have to develop at least 30% otherwise they will lose their deposit. Their NOC was renewed by GDA conditionally on this basis. If they don't do development, their deposit will be forfeited.

But I agree with Rajab sahab, the land around the area on Makran Coastal Highway is much cheaper. So the product being offered by Green Palms has an inbuilt very high value-addition cost. In some ways it is worth it because Rafi Group will provide security of land against fraud and will undertake development work in an area that still needs high security. But in purely economic terms if you look at land price and location only, it is quite an expensive offer.

On the other hand a much more interesting and very high-potential option is to purchase one kanal or two kanal pieces of land on Central Boulevard or Marine Drive. For a price of around one crore per kanal roughly. That will be much better location and will be a big plot. You will have purchased at a very reasonable price as it is commercial by location. It will be so far undeveloped. It is raw land and development will be own responsibility not of a big group like Rafi Group. But you will have to do exceptionally thorough checking of land record before closing the deal. Also you will need to get a land record expert involved and do a few trips to Gwadar. There is some risk because land revenue records are not computerised in GDA yet. Going to Gwadar is through Karachi. One fokker flight in the morning. A couple of good hotels including PC. Another one is Sadaf Hotel. Taxis are not available so you have to rent a car and drive around yourself! You can get a car with chauffeur too but then rate is higher.

But in case of Green Palm there is no risk of fraud as the Rafi Group is a recognised brand. But location is a bit far on Coastal Highway. At this time Green Palm location is far, but in future it will be a very good location. Moreover you can do sale purchase transfers in Lahore without the need to go to Gwadar.

Very Good info Pakistani. Thanks!!

Its office location you are talking about , land is 6 km away , right now for punjabis it is best of all time investment, but do keep in mind society in new city takes time

Gwadar is hot these days

Gwadar will boom but when?

Gwadar will give return in 1-3 years i think

Singhar location is better than green Palms as it is located near to Marine Drive

Green Palms is a good investment,

Purchasers are already selling old booking plots on Rs.70-90000 Profit,

Regards,

Location wise Singhar is a good society

There are around 100 projects in Gwadar

Gwadar has issued NOC to more than 150 Projects.

Many of the NOCs are cancelled!

I would not recommend for investment in Gwadar, many private housing companies are just scamming because of CPEC but actually the area is not suitable for any residential or commercial activities (except govt or china projects) for next 10-15 years. Keep in min that all theses housing companies have already sold same plots some 7-10 years ago and disappeared, and now back again with new names and NOC. Having an NOC does not mean that your investment is safe, it can be cancelled anytime because of poor progress.

Look for roads and proper residential development work in progress on ground, not showing pictures of Dubai and Singapore in news papers or TV.

Dears,

If Rafi group deliver this project as they promised then its fine within this price range as compare to other govt residential projects i.e. Singhar and new town. Singhar & New town is more secure but payment is cash and price also gone up starting from 20+lacs.

There is always risk involve when it comes to private developers. In Govt projects, there is slow transfer process and they asked bribery by force but once you go through all this procedure there is peace of mind at least govt will not run out with our hard earn money :stuck_out_tongue:

But I think Rafi Group project will have better development standards as compared to Singhar and New Town. Location wise Singhar is better.