Senate Committee New Issues on New Airport - (Possibility of New Route)

Senate Standing Committee reveals huge corruption in New Islamabad International Airport project leading to massive cost overruns.

Committee describes the project as Impractical.

Http://dailypakistan.Com.Pk/islamabad/08-nov-2014/160793

Most Important:- The Committee has decided to recommend NEW ROUTE for the Airport Project!

Views are invited please...

There you again; these things never ever stop!

Its a matter of few months situation will be clear and all will be fine. Inshallah. Its a mega project can not be left alone.

This airport has really become suspecious. Sometimes, i feel perhaps pmln govt is not interested in it otherwise they are so quick in infrastructure development like roads, bridges, metro bus as well

I have a different view of it, I think PML-N Govt has no motivation to complete airport and Margalla Avenue both. Since elections depend a lot upon last year project opening and performance, they will complete it in 2017 to give an impression that PML-N did it. If they inaugurate these projects now, it will give half impression of previous govt. Politicians are very sharp in these political mileage things.

Only argument opposite to this is that Pakistan's capital direly needs airport . For Margalla avenue, CDA needs revenue from C sectors.

Other than this, govt will delay these two zone 2 projects. And Allah knows the best.

Just my view.

What about the 'New Route' that the Senate Committee has talked about?

Which route could that be??? Will they take it back towards Haji Camp???

Let us say if we believe pmln wants to complete this airport in 2017, even then lots of work is still pending. If they start work today with full commitmemt, even then hardly they could finish it in 2017. I am getting impression Lahore-Karachi motorway, trade corridor to china, metros in different cities etc are the priorities of pmln govt right now.

Yes. It's priority projects for PML-N but Rawalpindi seats are also very important. Airport and Martgalla avenue are at such a stage that govt has to complete it. It cannot remain in deep slumber.

I think Haji camp route stands no chance. I guess there are other routes besides Top City. Like through Thallian interchange. But we should hope that they will follow shortest path which is through TC.

All depends on NHA as how they would handle matters.

Looks like they are building new ISB airport on moon with no road and water…

They cannot follow topcity route...because of tecnical fault...

Latest update is that they will follow the longest route of haji camp which touches I sectors...

Punjab Govt is opposing this lets c what happens...

I heard one lobby is fully focused on Haji Camp route.

What is technical fault? Can you give idea?

Federal Govt and NHA want to build this route because it will give them big chances of corruption,It is the longest route about 30 km where as kashmir highway route was only 5 km…

They build two runways one for take off and one for landing but unfortunately the distance b/w two runways is not enough for a plane to take off and land at once so they are planning a third runway that will be build in its path so this route cannot be used…

Interesting. But no one in senate committee raised this issue. Daily Dawn regularly report senate standing committee proceeding on new airport. They only mentioned water supply issue, no control tower and access route problems.

If it's true than there would be long wait before Top City picks up.

They maybe hiding this issue because runway is no joke it require billions...

If they highlight it maybe most of the civil aviation staff loose their jobs.

It was also highlighted by capital tv last week...

Lol Bilal Sb Who gave you that info? I doubt such a silly mistake. Btw a single runway can be used for takeoff or landing, it’s not necessary that one will be for landing and the other for takeoff.

Junaid, if you read the statements of the Standing Committee, they seem to be saying what Bilal has explained in some more detail.

I think they gave limited information to the news reporters.

I think on runway is sufficient for Islamabad airport at the moment. They can just make it functional with minimum requirements. Later on they can add more runways or whatever. Frankfurt airport have just 2 runways and it is one of the busiest airports in the world.

Nothing is impossible if pmln govt really has the WILL to do anything.

What I want to say in Fateh Jang airpprt is huge project but PMNS hardly takes any interest in it. I dont know what they are thinking about it but their intentions doesnt look good about this project. They should have to complete it on priority coz existing islamabad airport is just crap.