Shameful Tactics By Shameless Leaders

http://e.jang.com.pk/01-20-2014/pindi/pic.asp?Picname=611.gif

This shows why this country doesn't go anywhere with its development i.e. corrupt leaders who will stoop to any level to achieve their vested interests at the cost of national interest.

First we had the senseless issues related to Rawat Airport, then the controversies related to access road for the airport, Margalla Avenue is a persistent problem and now this needless irritant being created for their own petty gains.

Just think of it, why does a senator from KPK have such a huge interest in an interchange being built in Islamabad for the locals, he does not represent the local population, then what could be his "interest"?!! I hope the boots deal with them the way they should!

Thankfully though, work on the interchange is continuing at a good pace.

Agreed 100% with the above thats why innocent ppl have lost millions if not in billions just because of these tricks but the good thing is that its the boots on the other end and they wont let there society go down.atleast they like to stick to there promises + its awt who chipped in the most money so i am thinking its just a tactic like rawat airport which was an utter joke of this year

SyedAmjad sb - this certainly is irritating. InshaAllah these Senators will be humiliated. Good to see the newspaper also pointing out that the intention of all this is to favor a senator and not on genuine grounds.

Lets see what comes out of it.

Yes this news is also in market from last 2 days and senator name is zahid khan just got to know by some dealers REST ALLAH knows better

This is an absolute joke! then they say why foreign investors are running away from Pakistan, you pull stunts like this and then you wonder why? complete idiots! its not true though, like rawaat rumour its to shift investors elsewhere!

Yes I am very optimistic that they might not be able to succeed in their designs, but it just goes to show the shenanigans that our so called leaders can indulge in against their own people, only for their narrow interests. Regardless of whatever comes out of this, its a huge disappointment to read about this sort of behavior by our representatives. The reporter has almost explained the whole thing as candidly as was possible. No wonder so many mega projects remain stuck up in our country despite spending billions. May God Help Us.

Thats the whole idea behind this Sheikh sb i.e. To shift investors (or at least their money) “elsewhere”. Most unfortunate.

It seems a bit far fetched that price of fateh-jang road property can increase by stopping construction of interchange on motorway. I think the reporter is jumping to conclusions.

Quality of Fateh Jang road will not be affected by interchange and people coming to fateh jang road property will still have the same access - good or bad.

It is only for commercial properties on the main road that they will benefit if more people drive on that road. But in any case people already have one interchange touching fateh jang road so what harm can awt interchange do to fateh jang road?

@Baloch. I think the reporter has made an error by mentioning Fateh Jang. The property in question is located between sangjani and taxila. It is located in an area which had high hopes of gaining direct access to Margalla avenue and possibly followed by an interchange, but with the interchange construction at AWT, both these hopes have been dashed.

Its confirmed now, work has been stopped on currently under construction interchanges plus no more new interchanges in the future......

http://www.express.com.pk/epaper/PoPupwindow.aspx?newsID=1102075563&Issue=NP_ISB&Date=20140121

True Amjad Sb… It is totally rubbish by these so called representatives.

Yes it was already reported a few days back once they removed amchinery from the site on 5th Jan 14

@ Nadeem

your saying is that this is an old news and work has resumed again on the most discussed interchange????

The real reason why this issue has been raised at this time is this:

http://www.thefrontierpost.com/article/64090/Margalla-Avenue-to-be-linked-with-motorway/

Since the only interchange near MA is the sangjani interchange it is obvious where the link road will connect. This is just a desperate effort to salvage a possible access route through a possible change in design.

Yes the work had been stopped on the interchange in the last week of December but has resumed last week. I think the actual proceedings of the committee are not being accurately reported in some sections of the media. I will try to get in touch with a contact today who I believe was present in that briefing to get a first hand account.

My understanding is that the AWT interchange will continue, as the Real concern expressed by the senator is why some "other" societies have not got an NOC from NHA (which is why this issue is being created). I think the situation will become clear in the next 3-4 days anyway.

NHA has already cleared the position. However jali degree walay aisay kahan manain gay

Ali1, I think it will take some time to settle down as the sarkari procedures take some time to arrive on results. Thanks

Agree khan sb. AWT is still working on the interchange and it seems that this will become operational earlier.